1. Keeley JE, Syphard AD. Climate Change and Future Fire Regimes: Examples from California. Geosci J. 2016 Aug 17;6(3):37.
2. Krawchuk MA, Moritz MA, Parisien M-A, Van Dorn J, Hayhoe K. Global pyrogeography: the current and future distribution of wildfire. PLoS One. 2009 Apr 8;4(4):e5102. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0005102 19352494
3. Balmes JR. Where There’s Wildfire, There's Smoke. N Engl J Med. 2018 Mar 8;378(10):881–3. doi: 10.1056/NEJMp1716846 29384719
4. Cascio WE. Wildland fire smoke and human health. Sci Total Environ. 2018 May 15;624:586–95. doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2017.12.086 29272827
5. Reid CE, Brauer M, Johnston FH, Jerrett M, Balmes JR, Elliott CT. Critical Review of Health Impacts of Wildfire Smoke Exposure. Environ Health Perspect. 2016 Sep;124(9):1334–43. doi: 10.1289/ehp.1409277 27082891
6. Ford B, Val Martin M, Zelasky SE, Fischer EV, Anenberg SC, Heald CL, Pierce JR. Future Fire Impacts on Smoke Concentrations, Visibility, and Health in the Contiguous United States. GeoHealth. 2018 Aug;2(8):229–47.
7. Holstius DM, Reid CE, Jesdale BM, Morello-Frosch R. Birth weight following pregnancy during the 2003 Southern California wildfires. Environ Health Perspect. 2012 Sep;120(9):1340–5. doi: 10.1289/ehp.1104515 22645279
8. Brown MRG, Agyapong V, Greenshaw AJ, Cribben I, Brett-MacLean P, Drolet J, et al. After the Fort McMurray wildfire there are significant increases in mental health symptoms in grade 7–12 students compared to controls. BMC Psychiatry. 2019 Jan 10;19(1):18. doi: 10.1186/s12888-018-2007-1 30630501
9. Moritz MA, Stephens SL. Fire and sustainability: considerations for California’s altered future climate. Clim Change. 2008 Mar 1;87(1):265–71.
10. Persily AK, Emmerich SJ. Indoor Environmental Resilience: White Paper. 2015.
11. Persily A, Emmerich S. The Indoor Environmental Side of Resilience. ASHRAE J. 2016 Feb;58(2):71–3. 28298657
12. Schwela DH, Goldammer JG, Morawska LH, Simpson O. Health guidelines for vegetation fire events. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization]. 1999.
13. Lipsett M, Materna B. Wildfire smoke: a guide for public health officials. Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment; 2008.
14. Muraleedharan TR, Radojevic M, Waugh A, Caruana A. Chemical characterisation of the haze in Brunei Darussalam during the 1998 episode. Atmos Environ. 2000 Jan 1;34(17):2725–31.
15. Zhou J, Chen A, Cao Q, Yang B, Chang VW-C, Nazaroff WW. Particle exposure during the 2013 haze in Singapore: Importance of the built environment. Build Environ. 2015 Nov 1;93:14–23.
16. Barn P, Larson T, Noullett M, Kennedy S, Copes R, Brauer M. Infiltration of forest fire and residential wood smoke: an evaluation of air cleaner effectiveness. J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol. 2008 Sep;18(5):503–11. doi: 10.1038/sj.jes.7500640 18059421
17. Chen C, Zhao B. Review of relationship between indoor and outdoor particles: I/O ratio, infiltration factor and penetration factor. Atmos Environ. 2011 Jan 1;45(2):275–88.
18. Wang Y, Li J, Jing H, Zhang Q, Jiang J, Biswas P. Laboratory Evaluation and Calibration of Three Low-Cost Particle Sensors for Particulate Matter Measurement. Aerosol Sci Technol. 2015 Nov 2;49(11):1063–77.
19. Manikonda A, Zíková N, Hopke PK, Ferro AR. Laboratory assessment of low-cost PM monitors. J Aerosol Sci. 2016 Dec 1;102:29–40.
20. Singer BC, Delp WW. Response of consumer and research grade indoor air quality monitors to residential sources of fine particles. Indoor Air. 2018 Jul;28(4):624–39. doi: 10.1111/ina.12463 29683219
21. Moreno-Rangel A, Sharpe T, Musau F, McGill G. Field evaluation of a low-cost indoor air quality monitor to quantify exposure to pollutants in residential environments. J Sens Sens Syst. 2018 May 9;7(1):373–88.
22. Sullivan AP, Holden AS, Patterson LA, McMeeking GR, Kreidenweis SM, Malm WC, et al. A method for smoke marker measurements and its potential application for determining the contribution of biomass burning from wildfires and prescribed fires to ambient PM 2.5 organic carbon. J Geophys Res. 2008 Nov 20;113(D22):1148.
23. R Core Team R Language and Environment for Statistical Computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna.
24. Cohen J. Statistical power analysis for the behavioral sciences. Revised edition. New York: Academic Press. 1977;
25. Ferguson CJ. An effect size primer: A guide for clinicians and researchers. Prof Psychol Res Pr. 2009 Oct;40(5):532–8.
26. Tang JW, Nicolle A, Pantelic J, Klettner CA, Su R, Kalliomaki P, et al. Different types of door-opening motions as contributing factors to containment failures in hospital isolation rooms. PLoS One. 2013 Jun 24;8(6):e66663. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0066663 23826109
27. International WELL Building Institute. WELL v2 Pilot: Version Q3, 2019.
28. Melikov AK, Kaczmarczyk J. Air movement and perceived air quality. Build Environ. 2012 Jan 1;47:400–9.
29. Zhang H, Arens E, Pasut W. Air temperature thresholds for indoor comfort and perceived air quality. Build Res Inf. 2011 Apr 1;39(2):134–44.
30. Humphreys MA, Nicol JF, McCartney KJ. An analysis of some subjective assessments of indoor air-quality in five European countries. Indoor Air. 2002;5:86–91.
31. Fisk WJ, Chan WR. Health benefits and costs of filtration interventions that reduce indoor exposure to PM2.5 during wildfires. Indoor Air. 2017 Jan;27(1):191–204. doi: 10.1111/ina.12285 26843218
32. Fisk WJ, Rosenfeld AH. Estimates of Improved Productivity and Health from Better Indoor Environments. Indoor Air. 1997 Sep;7(3):158–72.
33. Allen JG, MacNaughton P, Satish U, Santanam S, Vallarino J, Spengler JD. Associations of Cognitive Function Scores with Carbon Dioxide, Ventilation, and Volatile Organic Compound Exposures in Office Workers: A Controlled Exposure Study of Green and Conventional Office Environments. Environ Health Perspect. 2016 Jun;124(6):805–12. doi: 10.1289/ehp.1510037 26502459
34. Klepeis NE, Nelson WC, Ott WR, Robinson JP, Tsang AM, Switzer P, et al. The National Human Activity Pattern Survey (NHAPS): a resource for assessing exposure to environmental pollutants. J Expo Anal Environ Epidemiol. 2001 May;11(3):231–52. doi: 10.1038/sj.jea.7500165 11477521