1. WHO. Fresh and Alive. WHO Rep th Glob Tob Epidemic 2008 MPOWER Packag fresh alive [Internet]. 2008;330. Available from: http://www.who.int/tobacco/mpower/mpower_report_full_2008.pdf
2. WHO updated fact sheet on Tobacco, World Health Organization 2019. Available at: https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/tobacco Access date: August 15, 2019
3. Report WHO, The ON, Tobacco G. Monitoring tobacco use and prevention policies. 2017.
4. Blecher E, Ross H. Tobacco Use in Africa: Tobacco Control through Prevention. Am Cancer Soc. 2013;
5. Reddy KS, Yadav A, Arora M, Nazar GP. Integrating tobacco control into health and development agendas. Tob Control [Internet]. 2012 Mar [cited 2013 Jul 30];21(2):281–6. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22345268 doi: 10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2011-050419 22345268
6. Ministry of Health Rwanda 2015. Rwanda Non-communicable Diseases Risk Factors Report. 2015.
7. Anderson CL, Becher H, Winkler V. Tobacco control progress in low and middle income countries in comparison to high income countries. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2016;13(10).
8. Farkas AJ, Gilpin EA, Distefan JM, Pierce JP. The effects of household and workplace smoking restrictions on quitting behaviours. Tob Control. 1999;8:261–5. doi: 10.1136/tc.8.3.261 10599569
9. Early H, Kids D, Smoking T, Soon H, Regular B, Smokers D. The path to tobacco addiction starts at very young ages. 2013;(202):18–20.
10. Azagba S, Baskerville NB, Minaker L. A comparison of adolescent smoking initiation measures on predicting future smoking behavior. Prev Med Reports [Internet]. 2015;2:174–7. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.pmedr.2015.02.015
11. NSIR. Rwanda Fourth Population and Housing Census, Rwanda. Thematic report: Population size, structure and distribution. Rwanda Fourth Population and Housing Census, Rwanda. Thematic report: Population size, structure and distribution. 2012.
12. Surgeon General U.S.. Preventing Tobacco Use Among Youth and Young Adults. A report from the Surgeon General. US Dep Heal Hum Serv [Internet]. 2012;1395. Available from: http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/library/reports/preventing-youth-tobacco-use/factsheet.ht…
13. Sitas F. Tobacco attributable deaths in South Africa. Tob Control [Internet]. 2004;13(4):396–9. Available from: http://tobaccocontrol.bmj.com/cgi/doi/10.1136/tc.2004.007682 15564624
14. World Health Organization. Gender, women, and the tobacco epidemic. 2010. Available at: https://www.who.int/tobacco/publications/gender/women_tob_epidemic/en/. Access date: August 15,2019
15. NISR. Rwanda. Report [Internet]. 2010;2003:107–10. Available from: http://www.journals.cambridge.org/abstract_S0266673100000246
16. National Institute of statistics. Rwanda Demographic and Health Survey. Rwanda. 2015. 640 p.
17. Kanyoni M, Gishoma D, Ndahindwa V. Prevalence of psychoactive substance use among youth in Rwanda. BMC Res Notes. 2015;8(1):1–8.
18. Lakew Y, Haile D. Tobacco use and associated factors among adults in Ethiopia: Further analysis of the 2011 Ethiopian Demographic and Health Survey. BMC Public Health. 2015;15(1):1–8.
19. Sreeramareddy CT, Pradhan PMS, Mir IA, Sin S. Smoking and smokeless tobacco use in nine South and Southeast Asian countries: Prevalence estimates and social determinants from Demographic and Health Surveys. Popul Health Metr. 2014;12(1).
20. Kahar P, Misra R, Patel TG. Sociodemographic Correlates of Tobacco Consumption in Rural Gujarat, India. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016.
21. Hosseinpoor AR, Parker LA, Tursan d’Espaignet E, Chatterji S. Social determinants of smoking in low- and middle-income countries: Results from the world health survey. PLoS One. 2011;6(5).
22. Tee GH, Aris T, Rarick J, Irimie S. Social determinants of health and tobacco use in five low and middle-income countries—results from the Global Adult Tobacco Survey (GATS), 2011–2012. Asian Pacific J Cancer Prev [Internet]. 2016;17(3):1269–76. Available from: http://journal.waocp.org/article_32231_104cb760aa5e846c9b1c5f49893b7d18.pdf
23. Roberts NJ, Kerr SM, Smith SMS. Behavioral Interventions Associated with Smoking Cessation in the Treatment of Tobacco Use.:79–85.