1. Central Statistics Organization, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (2019) Estimated Population of Afghanistan 2019–2010. Kabul: Central Statistics Organization.
2. Population Reference Bureau (2018) World Population Data Sheet 2018. Washington DC: Population Reference Bureau.
3. Spoorenberg T (2013) An evaluation of the recent fertility changes in Afghanistan: a period-specific analysis. Journal of Population Research 30: 133–149.
4. Bongaarts J (2015) Modeling the fertility impact of the proximate determinants: Time for a tune-up. Demographic Research 33: 535–560.
5. Bongaarts J (1978) A Framework for Analyzing the Proximate Determinants of Fertility. Population and Development Review 4: 105–132.
6. Schoumaker B (2014) Quality and consistency of DHS fertility estimates, 1990 to 2012 (DHS Methodological Reports No.12). Rockville: ICF International.
7. Cleland J (1996) Demographic Data Collection in Less Developed Countries 1946–1996. Population Studies 50: 433–450. doi: 10.1080/0032472031000149556 11618376
8. Afghan Public Health Institute, Ministry of Public Health (APHI/MoPH) [Afghanistan], Central Statistics Organization (CSO) [Afghanistan], ICF Macro, Indian Institute of Health Management Research (IIHMR) [India], et al. (2011) Afghanistan Mortality Survey 2010. Calverton, Maryland, USA: APHI/MoPH, CSO, ICF Macro, IIHMR and WHO/EMRO.
9. Central Statistics Organization (CSO), Ministry of Public Health (MoPH), ICF (2017) Afghanistan Demographic and Health Survey 2015. Kabul, Afghanistan: Central Statistics Organization.
10. Siegel J, Swanson D (2008) The Methods and Materials of Demography. Bingley. United Kingdom: Emerald Group Publishing Ltd.
11. Nasir JA, Hinde A (2014) An extension of modified whipple index-Further modified whipple index. Pakistan Journal of Statistics 30: 265–272.
12. Spoorenberg T, Dutreuilh C (2007) Quality of age reporting: extension and application of the modified Whipple’s Index. Population (English edition) 4: 729–741.
13. Myers RJ (1940) Errors and Bias in the Reporting of Ages in Census Data. Transactions of the Actuarial Society of America 41: 395–415.
14. Davis K, Blake J (1956) Social Structure and Fertility: An Analytic Framework. Economic Development and Cultural Change 4: 211–235.
15. Becker S (1991) Seasonal pattern of births and conceptions throughout the world. Temperature and enviornmental effects on the testis. Boston, MA: Springer.