1. World Health Organization. The Global Status Report on Road Safety 2015. 2015. Available from: http://www.who.int/violence_injury_prevention/road_safety_status/2015/en/
2. Jeon HJ, Kim SC, Shin J, Jung JY, Lee KH, Lee HY, et al. Risk of serious injury of occupants involved in frontal crashes of cab-over-type trucks. Traffic Inj Prev. 2017;18(8): 839–844. doi: 10.1080/15389588.2017.1315413 28384074
3. Kazuaki S. The difference of passengers severity between the type of the vehicle. Japanese Journal of Acute Medicine. 2010;34: 557–560 (in Japanese).
4. Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport. Road Transport Vehicle Act. 2017. Available from: http://elaws.e-gov.go.jp/search/elawsSearch/elaws_search/lsg0500/detail?lawId=326M50000800074#1869 (in Japanese).
5. Japan Light Motor Vehicle and Motorcycle Association. Trends in vehicle ownership by vehicle type. 2018. Available from: http://www.zenkeijikyo.or.jp/statistics/4own (in Japanese).
6. The Japanese Association for The Surgery of Trauma. Japan Automobile Research Institute. The Abbreviated Injury Scale 1990 Revision Update 1998. Herusu Shuppan; 2003 (in Japanese).
7. Braver ER, Ferguson SA, Greene MA, Lund AK. Reductions in deaths in frontal crashes among right front passengers in vehicles equipped with passenger air bags. Jama. 1997;278(17): 1437–1439. 9356003
8. Siegel JH, Loo G, Dischinger PC, Burgess AR, Wang SC, Schneider LW, et al. Factors influencing the patterns of injuries and outcomes in car versus car crashes compared to sport utility, van, or pick-up truck versus car crashes: Crash Injury Research Engineering Network Study. J Trauma. 2001;51(5): 975–990. doi: 10.1097/00005373-200111000-00024 11706349
9. Japan Light Motor Vehicle and Motorcycle Association. Trends in new car sales volume by year and vehicle type in mini vehicles. 2018. Available from: http://www.zenkeijikyo.or.jp/statistics/4new-nendosui (in Japanese).
10. Hellinga LA, McCartt AT, Haire ER. Choice of teenagers' vehicles and views on vehicle safety: survey of parents of novice teenage drivers. J Safety Res. 2007;38(6): 707–713. doi: 10.1016/j.jsr.2007.10.003 18054603
11. Eichelberger AH, Teoh ER, McCartt AT. Vehicle choices for teenage drivers: A national survey of U.S. parents. J Safety Res. 2015;55: 1–5. doi: 10.1016/j.jsr.2015.07.006 26683541
12. Chen F, Chen S. Injury severities of truck drivers in single- and multi-vehicle accidents on rural highways. Accid Anal Prev. 2011;43(5):1677–88. doi: 10.1016/j.aap.2011.03.026 21658494
13. Chen F, Chen S, Ma X. Analysis of hourly crash likelihood using unbalanced panel data mixed logit model and real-time driving environmental big data. J Safety Res. 2018;65:153–9. doi: 10.1016/j.jsr.2018.02.010 29776524
14. Ma C, Hao W, Xiang W, Yan W. The impact of aggressive driving behavior on driver-injury severity at highway-rail grade crossings accidents. Journal of Advanced Transportation. 2018;2018:1–10.