1. Enb A, Abou Donia MA, Abd-Rabou NS, Abou Arab AAK, Senaity MH. Chemical composition of raw milk and heavy metals behavior during processing of milk products. Global Veterinaria 2009;3(3): 268–275.
2. Claeys WL, Verraes C, Cardoen S, De Block J, Huyghebaert A, Raes K, Dewettinck C, Herman L. Consumption of raw or heated milk from different species: An evaluation of the nutritional and potential health benefits. Food Control 2014; 42: 188–201.
3. Maria JG, Katrien EH. Hidden effect of dairy farming on public and environmental health in the neitherland, India, Ethiopia and Uganda, Considering the use of antibiotic and other agro-chemicals. Frontiers in Public health 2016;4(12):1–9.
4. Shaheen M, Tantary HA, Nabi SU. A Treatise on bovine mastitis: disease and disease economics, etiological basis, risk factors, impact on human health, therapeutic management, prevention and control strategy. J Adv Dairy Res. 2016;4(1):1–10.
5. Hoe FG, Ruegg PL. Opinions and practices of Wisconsin dairy producers about biosecurity and animal well-being. Journal of Dairy Science 2006; 89(6): 2297–2308. doi: 10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(06)72301-3 16702297
6. Sandholm M, Kaartinen L, Pyorala S. Bovine mastitis why does antibiotics therapy not always work: An overview. Journal of Veterinary Pharmacology and Therapeutics 2009; 13(3): 248–260.
7. Oliveira L, Ruegg PL. Treatments of clinical mastitis occurring in cows on 51 large dairy herds in Wisconsin. Journal of Dairy Science 2014; 97(9):5426–5436. doi: 10.3168/jds.2013-7756 24997660
8. Serratosa J, Blass A, Rigau B, Mongrell B, Rigau T, Tortades M, Tolosa E, Aguilar C, Ribo O, Balague J. Residues from veterinary medicinal products, growth promoters and performance enhancers in food-producing animals: a European Union perspective. Revue Scientifique et Technique 2006; 25(2):637–653. 17094703
9. Nisha AR. Antibiotic residues: A global health hazard. Veterinay World 2012;1(12), 375–7.
10. Aalipour F, Mirlohi M, Jalali M. Prevalence of antibiotic residues in commercial milk and its variation by season and thermal processing methods. International Journal of Environmental Health Engineering 2013; 2(41), 1–5.
11. Ivona K, Mate D. Evaluation of the sensitivity of individual test organisms to residual concentrations of selected types of anticoccidial drugs. Slovenian Veterinary Research 2000; 44(2): 78–82.
12. Paturkar AM, Waskar VS, Mokal KV, Zende RJ. Antimicrobial drug residues in meat and their public health significance-a review. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 2005; 75(9): 1103–1111.
13. Chambers HF. Goodman and Gilman’s the pharmacological basis of therapeutics. 11th ed, New York: McGraw-Hill Medical Publishing Division:
14. Navratilova P, Borkovkova I, Drackova M, Janstova B, Vorlova L. Occurrence of tetracycline, chlortetracycline and oxytetracycline residues in raw cow’s milk. Czech Journal of Food Sciences 2009; 27(5): 379–385.
15. Lucas MF, Errecalde JO, Mestorino N. Pharmacokinetics of azithromycin in lactating dairy cows with subclinical mastitis caused by Staphylococcus aureus. Journal of Veterinary and Pharmacology. Therapeutics 2010; 33(2): 132–40.
16. Chowdhury S, Hassan MM, Alam M, Sattar S, Md Bari S, Saifuddin AKM, Md Hoque A. Antibiotic residues in milk and eggs of commercial and local farms at Chittagong, Bangladesh. Veterinary World 2015; 8(4) 467–471. doi: 10.14202/vetworld.2015.467-471 27047116
17. Van Boeckela T, Brower C, Gilbert M., Grenfell BT, Levin SA, Robinson TP, Teillant A, Laxminarayan R. Global trends in antimicrobial use in food animals. PANS 2015; 112(18): 5649–5654.
18. Padol AR, Malapure CD, Domple VD, Kamdi BP. Occurrence, public health implications and detection of antibacterial drug residues in cow milk. Environment and We International Journal of Science and Technology 2015; 10(2015): 7–28.
19. Andrew SMA, Frobish-Paape MJ, Maturin LJ. Evaluation of selected antibiotic residue screening tests for milk from individual cows and examination of factors that affect the probability of false-positive outcomes. Journal of Dairy Science 2005; 88(11): 908–913.
20. Kurittu J.; Lunnberg S.; Virta M.; Karp M. Qualitative detection of tetracycline residues in milk with a luminescence based microbial method: The effects of milk composition and assay performance in relation to an immunoassay and a microbial inhibition assay. Journal of Food Protection 2000; 63(7): 953–957. doi: 10.4315/0362-028x-63.7.953 10914667
21. Cinquina AL. Longo F, Anastasi G, Giannetti L, Cozzani R. Validation of a high performance liquid chromatography method for the determination of oxytetracycline, tetracycline, chlortetracycline and doxycycline in bovine milk and muscle. Journal of Chromatogrphy A 2003; 987(1–2): 227–233.
22. Petkovska E, Slaveska-Raicki R, Rafajlovska V. Determination of tetracycline, oxytetracycline and chlortetracycline in milk by TLC and column chromatography using Amberlite XAD-2. Chemia Analityczna 2006; 51(2):275–283.
23. Kantiani L, Farre M, Barcelo D. Analytical methodologies for the detection of beta-lactam antibiotics in milk and feed samples. Trends in Analytical Chemistry 2009; 28(6):729–744.
24. Bitas D, Kabir A, Locatelli M, Samanidou V. Food Sample Preparation for the Determination of Sulfonamides by High-Performance Liquid Chromatography: State-of-the-Art. Separations 2018; 5: 31. doi: 10.3390/separations5020031
25. Karageorgou E, Christoforidou S, Ioannidou M, Psomas E, Samouris G. Detection of β-Lactams and Chloramphenicol Residues in Raw Milk—Development and Application of an HPLC-DAD Method in Comparison with Microbial Inhibition Assays. Foods 2018; 7(6): 82. doi: 10.3390/foods7060082 29857566
26. Khaskheli M, Malik RS Arain MA, Soomro AH, Arain HH. Detection of B-Lactam Antibiotic Residues in Marker Milk. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition. 2008; 7(5) 682–685.
27. Movassagh MH, Karami AR. Determination of Antibiotic Residues in Bovine Milk in Tabriz, Iran. Global Veterinaria 2010; 5(3): 195–197.
28. Movassagh MH. Study of antibiotics residues in cow raw milk by copan milk test in Parsabad region, Ardabil Province, Iran. Annual Biological Research 2011; 2: 355–59.
29. Pawar N, Chopde S, Deshmukh M. Antibiotic residues in milk: Impact during manufacturing of probiotics dairy products and health hazard. Food Process Technology 2012; 3: 10.
30. Chinchilla FG, Rodríguez C. Tetracyclines in Food and Feedingstuffs: From Regulation to Analytical Methods, Bacterial Resistance, and Environmental and Health Implications. Journal of Analytical Methods in Chemistry 2017; Article ID 1315497, 24 https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/1315497.
31. Ray WA, Murray KT, Meredith S, Narasimhulu SS, Hall K, Stein CM. Oral erythromycin and the risk of sudden death from cardiac causes. The New England Journal of Medicine 2004; 351: 1089–1096. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa040582 15356306
32. Ress BD, Gross EM. Irreversible sensorineural hearing loss as a result of azithromycin ototoxicity: a case report. Annals of Otology, Rhinology and Laryngology 2000; 109(4): 435–437.
33. Abbasi MM, Babaei H, Ansarin M, Nourdadgar AS, Nemati M. Simultaneous determination of tetracyclines residues in bovine milk samples by solid phase extraction and HPLC-FL method. Advanced Pharmaceutical Bulletin 2011; 1(1): 34–39. doi: 10.5681/apb.2011.005 24312754
34. Fritz JW, Zuo Y. Simultaneous determination of tetracycline, oxytetracycline, and 4-epitetracycline in milk by high-performance liquid chromatography. Food Chemistry 2007; 105(3): 1297–1301.
35. Allara M, Izquiierdo P, Torres G, Rodriguez B. Penicillin G in pasteurized milk produced in Zulia State Venezuella. Revista Cientifica Facultad. De Ciencias Veterinarias 2002; 12(): 683–687.
36. Erskine RJ, Wilson RC, Tyler JW, McClure KA, Nelson RS, Spears HJ. Ceftiofur distribution in serum and milk from clinically normal cows and cows with experimentally Escherichia coli-induced mastitis. American Journalof Veterinary Research 1995; 56(4): 481–485.
37. Ziv G, Schultze WD. Pharmacokinetics of polymyxin B administered via the bovine mammary gland. Journal of Veterinary Pharmacology Therapeutics 1982; 5(2): 123–129. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2885.1982.tb00507.x 6286988
38. Adetunji VO. Antibiotic residues and drug resistant strains of bacteria in milk products from Ibadan, Southwestern Nigeria. Tropical Veterinarian 2008; 26(8): 1–6.
39. Keefe O.M.; Kennedy O. Residues- A food safety problem. In. Food Safety the Implications of Change from Producerism to Consumerism, Sheridon J.J.; O’Keefe M. Rogers Eds.; Wiley-Blackwell Publishing. pp. 1–277.
40. Kitts DD, Yu CWY, Burt RG, McErlane K. Oxytetracycline degradation in thermally processed farm salmon. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 1992; 40(10): 1977–1981.
41. Fulias A, Vlase T, Vlase G, Doca N. Thermal behaviour of cephalexin in different mixtures. Journal of thermal analysis and calorimetry. 2010; 99: 987–992.
42. Roca M, Castillo M, Marti P, Althaus RL, Molina MP. Effect of heating on the stability of quinolones in milk. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 2010; 58: 5427–5431. doi: 10.1021/jf9040518 20397732
43. Roca M, Villegas L, Kortabitarte ML, Althaus RL, Molina MP. Effect of heat treatments on stability of β-lactams in milk. Journal of Dairy Science. 2011; 94: 1155–1164. doi: 10.3168/jds.2010-3599 21338781
44. Roca M, Althaus RL, Molina MP. Thermodynamic analysis of the thermal stability of sulphonamides in milk using liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry detection. Food Chemistry. 2013; 136: 376–383. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2012.08.055 23122073
45. Hassani M, Lazaro R, Perez C, Condon S, Pagan R. Thermostability of oxytetracycline, tetracycline, and doxycycline at ultrahigh temperatures. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 2008; 56: 2676–2680. doi: 10.1021/jf800008p 18373348
46. Yamaki M, Berruga MI, Althaus RL, Molina MP, Molina A. Occurrence of antibiotic residues in milk from Manchega ewe dairy farms. Journal of dairy science. 2004; 87: 3132–3137. doi: 10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(04)73448-7 15377591
47. Hsieh MK, Shyu CL, Liao JW, Franje CA, Huang YJ, Chang SK, Chou CC. Correlation analysis of heat stability of veterinary antibiotics by structural degradation, changes in antimicrobial activity and genotoxicity. Veterinarni Medicina. 2011; 56: 274–285.
48. Reeves PT. Antibiotics: Groups and properties. In: Chemical analysis of antibiotic residues in food, 2012; pp. 30–31. Wiley Publishing, New Jersey.
49. Zorraquino MA, Althaus RL, Roca M, Molina MP. Heat treatment effects on the antimicrobial activity of macrolide and lincosamide antibiotics in milk. Journal of Food Protection. 2011; 74: 311–315. doi: 10.4315/0362-028X.JFP-10-297 21333154
50. Myllyniemi AL, Rintala R, Backman C, Niemi A. Microbiological and chemical identification of antimicrobial drugs in kidney and muscle samples of bovine cattle and pigs. Food Additives and Contaminants. 1999; 16: 339–351. doi: 10.1080/026520399283911 10645348
51. Abou-Raya S, S AR, Salama NA, Emam WH, Mehaya FM. Effect of ordinary cooking procedures on tetracycline residues in chicken meat. Journal of Food and Drug Analysis. 2013; 21: 80–86.
52. Podhorniak Lynda V, Leake S, Schenck FJ. Stability of Tetracycline Antibiotics in Raw Milk under Laboratory Storage Conditions. Journal of Food Protection. 1999; 62(5): 547–548. doi: 10.4315/0362-028x-62.5.547 10340680
53. Dehghani M, Ahmadi M, Nasseri S. Photodegradation of the antibiotic penicillin G in the aqueous solution using UV-A radiation. Iranian journal of health sciences 2013; 1(3): 43–50.
54. Loftin KA, Adams CD, Meyer MT, Surampalli R. Effects of ionic strength, temperature, and pH on degradation of selected antibiotics. Journal of environmental quality. 2008; 37:378–386. doi: 10.2134/jeq2007.0230 18268300
55. Xuan R, Arisi L, Wang Q, Yates SR, Biswas KC. Hydrolysis and photolysis of oxytetracycline in aqueous solution. Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Part B. 2009; 45: 73–81.
56. Rose MD, Rowley L, Shearer G, Farrington WH. Effect of cooking on veterinary drug residues in food. 6. Lasalocid. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 1997; 45: 927–930.
57. Seral C, Van Bambeke F, Tulkens PM. Quantitative analysis of gentamicin, azithromycin, telithromycin, ciprofloxacin, moxifloxacin, and oritavancin (LY333328) activities against intracellular Staphylococcus aureus in mouse J774 macrophages. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2003; 47(7): 2283–2292. doi: 10.1128/AAC.47.7.2283-2292.2003 12821480