1. Galgamuwa LS, Iddawela D, Dharmaratne SD, Galgamuwa GLS. Nutritional status and correlated socio-economic factors among preschool and school children in plantation communities, Sri Lanka. BMC public health. 2017;17(1):377. doi: 10.1186/s12889-017-4311-y 28464868
2. Naotunna NPGCR, Dayarathna M, Maheshi H, Amarasinghe GS, Kithmini VS, Rathnayaka M, et al. Nutritional status among primary school children in rural Sri Lanka; a public health challenge for a country with high child health standards. BMC public health. 2017;17(1):57. doi: 10.1186/s12889-016-4001-1 28068960
3. Galloway R. Global Nutrition Outcomes at Ages 5 to 19. In: Bundy DAP, Silva N, Horton S, Jamison DT, Patton GC, editors. Child and Adolescent Health and Development 3rd edition. Washington (DC): The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development / The World Bank; 2017.
4. Ministry of Health, Nutrition and Indigenous Medicine. Annual Health Bulletin 2015. 2017. Available from: http://www.health.gov.lk/moh_final/english/public/elfinder/files/publications/AHB/2017/AHB%202015.pdf.
5. Ministry of Health, Nutrition and Indigenous Medicine. Sri Lanka Demographic and Health Survey 2016. 2017. Available from: http://www.statistics.gov.lk/social/SLDHS%202016%20Report%20Final%20Full%2010%20Oct%202017.pdf.
6. Black RE, Victora CG, Walker SP, Bhutta ZA, Christian P, de Onis M, et al. Maternal and child undernutrition and overweight in low-income and middle-income countries. Lancet (London, England). 2013;382(9890):427–51.
7. Tzioumis E, Adair LS. Childhood dual burden of under- and overnutrition in low- and middle-income countries: a critical review. Food and nutrition bulletin. 2014;35(2):230–43. doi: 10.1177/156482651403500210 25076771
8. Fernald LC, Neufeld LM. Overweight with concurrent stunting in very young children from rural Mexico: prevalence and associated factors. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2007;61(5):623–32. doi: 10.1038/sj.ejcn.1602558 17136036
9. Ruel MT, Alderman H. Nutrition-sensitive interventions and programmes: how can they help to accelerate progress in improving maternal and child nutrition? Lancet (London, England). 2013;382(9891):536–51.
10. Shinsugi C, Matsumura M, Karama M, Tanaka J, Changoma M, Kaneko S. Factors associated with stunting among children according to the level of food insecurity in the household: a cross-sectional study in a rural community of Southeastern Kenya. BMC public health. 2015;15:441. doi: 10.1186/s12889-015-1802-6 25924925
11. Hawkins SS, Cole TJ, Law C, Group. TMCSCH. Maternal employment and early childhood overweight: findings from the UK Millennium Cohort Study. International journal of obesity. 2008;32(1):30–8. doi: 10.1038/sj.ijo.0803682 17637703
12. de Onis M, Onyango AW, Borghi E, Siyam A, Nishida C, Siekmann J. Development of a WHO growth reference for school-aged children and adolescents. Bulletin of the World Health Organization. 2007;85(9):660–7. doi: 10.2471/BLT.07.043497 18026621
13. Wang Y, Lobstein T. Worldwide trends in childhood overweight and obesity. International journal of pediatric obesity: IJPO: an official journal of the International Association for the Study of Obesity. 2006;1(1):11–25.
14. Juliusson PB, Roelants M, Markestad T, Bjerknes R. Parental perception of overweight and underweight in children and adolescents. Acta paediatrica (Oslo, Norway: 1992). 2011;100(2):260–5.
15. Rolland-Cachera MF, Deheeger M, Maillot M, Bellisle F. Early adiposity rebound: causes and consequences for obesity in children and adults. International Journal Of Obesity. 2006;30:S11. doi: 10.1038/sj.ijo.0803514 17133230
16. Rathnayake KM, Roopasingam T, Wickramasighe VP. Nutritional and behavioral determinants of adolescent obesity: a case–control study in Sri Lanka. BMC public health. 2014;14:1291. doi: 10.1186/1471-2458-14-1291 25519979
17. Franks PW, Ravussin E, Hanson RL, Harper IT, Allison DB, Knowler WC, et al. Habitual physical activity in children: the role of genes and the environment. Am J Clin Nutr. 2005;82(4):901–8. doi: 10.1093/ajcn/82.4.901 16210723
18. Oddo VM, Rah JH, Semba RD, Sun K, Akhter N, Sari M, et al. Predictors of maternal and child double burden of malnutrition in rural Indonesia and Bangladesh. Am J Clin Nutr. 2012;95(4):951–8. doi: 10.3945/ajcn.111.026070 22357721
19. Sharma A, Sharma K, Mathur KP. Growth pattern and prevalence of obesity in affluent schoolchildren of Delhi. Public health nutrition. 2007;10(5):485–91. doi: 10.1017/S1368980007223894 17411469