1. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Adverse reactions to drugs. 2016 December, 2016 January 11, 2017]; Available from: https://www.evidence.nhs.uk/formulary/bnf/current/guidance-on-prescribing/adverse-reactions-to-drugs.
2. Umpierrez G, Korytkowski M. Diabetic emergencies—ketoacidosis, hyperglycaemic hyperosmolar state and hypoglycaemia. Nat Rev Endocrinol, 2016. 12(4): p. 222–232. doi: 10.1038/nrendo.2016.15 26893262
3. Yun JS, Ko SH. Risk Factors and Adverse Outcomes of Severe Hypoglycemia in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism, 2016. 40(6): p. 423–432.
4. Morales J, Schneider D. Hypoglycemia. Am J Med, 2014. 127((10 Suppl)): p. S17–24. doi: 10.1016/j.amjmed.2014.07.004 25282009
5. Wu FL, Juang JH, Lin CH. Development and validation of the hypoglycaemia problem-solving scale for people with diabetes mellitus. Journal of International Medical Research, 2016. 44(3): p. 592–604. doi: 10.1177/0300060516636752 27059292
6. Mulcahy K, Maryniuk M, Peeples M, Peyrot M, Tomky D, Weaver T, et al. Diabetes Self-Management Education Core Outcomes Measures. The Diabetes Educator, 2003. 29(5): p. 768–803. doi: 10.1177/014572170302900509 14603868
7. D'Zurilla T, Nezu A. Problem-solving therapy: A positive approach to clinical intervention. 3rd ed. 2007, New York: Springer Publishing Company.
8. Fitzpatrick S, Schumann K, Hill-Briggs F. Problem solving interventions for diabetes self-management and control: A systematic review of the literature. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, 2013. 100(2): p. 145–161. doi: 10.1016/j.diabres.2012.12.016 23312614
9. Wang J. Self-monitoring of blood glucose is associated with problem-solving skills in hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia. Diabetes Educator, 2012. 38(2): p. 207–218. doi: 10.1177/0145721712440331 22454405
10. Babu M, Gowdappa H, Kalpana T, Vidyalaxmi K, Nikhil B, Chakravarthy T. Knowledge, Attitude and Practices of Diabetic Patients—A Cross Sectional Study in a Tertiary Care Hospital in Mysore. The Journal of the Association of Physicians of India, 2015. 63(8).
11. Morales J, Schneider D. Hypoglycemia. The American Journal of Medicine, 2014. 127(10 Suppl): p. S17–24. doi: 10.1016/j.amjmed.2014.07.004 25282009
12. International Diabetes Federation, IDF Diabetes Atlas. 2017. p. 1–147.
13. Wu FL, Wu EC, Chang YC, Hu WY, Juang JH, Yeh MC. Factors Affecting the Ability of People With Diabetes to Avoid Hypoglycemia. Journal of Nursing Research 2017.
14. Mathers N, Fox N, Hunn A. Surveys and Questionnaires. 2007, The NIHR RDS for the East Midlands / Yorkshire & the Humber.
15. Smith F. Research Methods in Pharmacy Practice. 2002, London: Pharmaceutical Press.
16. World Health Organization. Process of translation and adaptation of instruments. 2017 April 24, 2017]; Available from: http://www.who.int/substance_abuse/research_tools/translation/en/.
17. Hernandez CA. The Development and Pilot Testing of The Diabetes Activities Questionnaire (TDAQ): An Instrument to Measure Adherence to the Diabetes Regimen. Applied Nursing Research, 1997. 10(4): p. 202–211. 9419917
18. Bussey-Jones J, Genao I. Impact of culture on health care. Journal of the National Medical Association, 2003. 95(8): p. 732–735. 12934872
19. Hahn KA, Truman BI. Education Improves Public Health and Promotes Health Equity. International Journal of Health Services, 2015. 45(4): p. 657–78. doi: 10.1177/0020731415585986 25995305
20. Aminto J. How Does Access Affect Health Care Outcomes? A Study of 60 Countries’ Health Care Systems. Breithaupt Paper Competition, 2012: p. 1–34.
21. Nezu AM. Problem solving and behavior therapy revisited. Behavior Therapy, 2004. 35(1): p. 1–33.
22. Rijken M, Bekkema N, Boeckxstaens P, Schellevis F, Maeseneer J, Groenewegen P. Chronic Disease Management Programmes: an adequate response to patients' needs? Health Expectations, 2014. 17(5): p. 608–21. doi: 10.1111/j.1369-7625.2012.00786.x 22712877
23. Ladouceur R, Blais F, Freeston M, Dugas M. Problem Solving and Problem Orientation in Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Journal of Anxiety Disorders, 1998. 12(2): p. 139–152. 9560176
24. Maatsch JL, Munger BS, Podgorny G. Reliability and validity of the Board examination in emergency medicine. 1982, Emergency Medicine Annual: Appleton, Century, Croft, Norwalk.
25. Norman GR. Problem‐solving skills, solving problems and problem‐based learning. Medical Education, 1988. 22: p. 279–286. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2923.1988.tb00754.x 3050382
26. D’Zurilla TJ, Goldfried MR. Problem solving and behavior modification. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 1971. 78(1): p. 107–126. doi: 10.1037/h0031360 4938262
27. Plotka A, Prokop E, Migaj J, Straburzyńska-Migaj E, Grajek S. Patients' knowledge of heart failure and their perception of the disease. Patient Preference and Adherence, 2017. 11: p. 1459–1467. doi: 10.2147/PPA.S126133 28883713
28. Henderson JN, Allen KV, Frier BM. Hypoglycaemia in insulin-treated Type 2 diabetes: frequency, symptoms and impaired awareness. Diabetic Medicine, 2003. 20: p. 1016–1021. doi: 10.1046/j.1464-5491.2003.01072.x 14632703
29. Alsairafi Z, Taylor K, Smith F, Alattar A. Patients’ management of type 2 diabetes in Middle Eastern countries: review of studies. Patient Preference and Adherence, 2016. 10: p. 1051–1062. doi: 10.2147/PPA.S104335 27354775
30. Elliott JA, Abdulhadi N, Al-Maniri A, Al-Shafaee M, Wahlstrom R. Diabetes self-management and education of people living with diabetes: a survey in primary health care in Muscat Oman. PLOS One, 2013. 8(2): p. e57400. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0057400 23451219
31. Tanjia N, Fannana T, Naved M, Sultana S. Assessing the Knowledge, Attitude, and Practice of Diabetes Mellitus among Diabetes Patients in Dhaka City, Bangladesh. Journal of Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Biological Sciences, 2016. 4(1): p. 64–75.
32. Dickinson J, O’Reilly M. The lived experience of adolescent females with type 1 diabetes. Diabetes Educator, 2004. 30(1): p. 99–107. doi: 10.1177/014572170403000117 14999898
33. Wu F, Juang J, Yeh M. The dilemma of diabetic patients living with hypoglycaemia. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 2011. 20(15–16): p. 2277–8225. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2702.2011.03725.x 21627701
34. Mandrik O, Severens J, Doroshenko O, Pan'kiv V, Kravchun N, Vlasenko M, et al. Impact of hypoglycemia on daily life of type 2 diabetes patients in Ukraine. Journal of Multidisciplinary Healthcare, 2013. 6: p. 249–257. doi: 10.2147/JMDH.S39133 23874102
35. Gholipour K, Asghari-Jafarabadi M, Iezadi S, Jannati A, Keshavarz S. Modelling the prevalence of diabetes mellitus risk factors based on artificial neural network and multiple regression. East Mediterr Health J, 2018. 24(8): p. 770–777. doi: 10.26719/emhj.18.012 30328607
36. Green EC, Murphy E. Health Belief Model. The Wiley Blackwell Encyclopedia of Health, Illness, Behavior, & Society, 2014: p. 766–769.
37. Dehghani-T afti A, Mohmoodabad S, Morowatisharifabad M, Ardakani M, Rezaeipandari H, Lotfi M. Determinants of Self- Care in Diabetic Patients Based on Health Belief Model. Global Journal of Health Science, 2015. 7(5): p. 33–42. doi: 10.5539/gjhs.v7n5p33 26156902
38. Loveman E, Cave C, Green C, Royle P, Dunn N, Waugh N. The clinical and cost-effectiveness of patient education models for diabetes: a systematic review and economic evaluation. Health Technology Assessment, 2003. 7(22): p. 1–211.
39. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Diabetes in adults. Quality statement 3: Structured education programmes for adults with type 1 diabetes 2011 August 2016 July 05, 2018]; Available from: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/qs6/chapter/quality-statement-3-structured-education-programmes-for-adults-with-type-1-diabetes.
40. World Health Organization, Global report on diabetes. 2016: Geneva. p. 1–88.
41. National Health Service. Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar)—Causes. 2015 21/05/2015 [cited 2016 05/08/2016]; Available from: http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Hypoglycaemia/Pages/Causes.aspx.
42. Casparie AF, Elving LD. Severe hypoglycemia in diabetic patients: frequency,causes, prevention. Diabetes Care, 1985. 8(2): p. 141–145. doi: 10.2337/diacare.8.2.141 3888563
43. Zimmerman EB, Woolf SH, Haley A. Population Health: Behavioral and Social Science Insights. Understanding the Relationship Between Education and Health 2014 June 26, 2018]; Available from: https://www.ahrq.gov/professionals/education/curriculum-tools/population-health/zimmerman.html.
44. Kerns RD, Rosenberg R, Otis JD. Self-appraised problem solving and pain-relevant social support as predictors of the experience of chronic pain. Annals of Behavioral Medicine (Baltimore), 2002. 24(2): p. 100–105.
45. Yeung S, Lui M, Ross F, Murrells T. Family carers in stroke care: Examining the relationship between problem-solving, depression and general health. Journal of Clinical Nursing Research, 2007. 16(2): p. 344–352.
46. Davis T, Brown S, Jacobs I, Bulsara M, Bruce D, Davis W. Determinants of severe hypoglycemia complicating type 2 diabetes: The Fremantle diabetes study. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, 2010. 95(5): p. 2240–2247. doi: 10.1210/jc.2009-2828 20305006
47. Minelli L, Pigini C, Chiavarini M, Bartolucci F. Employment status and perceived health condition: longitudinal data from Italy. BMC Public Health, 2014. 14(946): p. 1–12.
48. Schmitz H. Why are the unemployed in worse health? The causal effect of unemployment on health. Labour Economics, 2011. 18: p. 71–78.
49. Giatti L, Barreto S, César C. Unemployment and self-rated health: neighborhood influence. Social Science and Medicine, 2010. 71(4): p. 815–823. doi: 10.1016/j.socscimed.2010.05.021 20580141
50. Böckerman P, Ilmakunnas P. Unemployment and self-assessed health: Evidence from panel data. Health Economics, 2009. 18(2): p. 161–179. doi: 10.1002/hec.1361 18536002
51. D’Zurilla T, Maydeu-Olivares A, Kant G. Age and gender differences in social problem-solving ability. Personality and Individual Differences, 1998. 25(2): p. 241–252.
52. Leese G, Wang J, Broomhall J, Kelly P, Marsden A, Morrison W, et al. Frequency of Severe Hypoglycemia Requiring Emergency Treatment in Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes. Diabetes Care, 2003. 26: p. 1176–1180. doi: 10.2337/diacare.26.4.1176 12663593
53. Marrett E, Radican L, Davies M, Zhang Q. Assessment of severity and frequency of self-reported hypoglycemia on quality of life in patients with type 2 diabetes treated with oral antihyperglycemic agents: A survey study. Bio Med Central Research Notes, 2011. 4(251): p. 1–7.
54. Sheu W, Sheu H, Ji L, Nitiyanant W, Baik S, Yin D, et al. Hypoglycemia is associated with increased worry and lower quality of life among patients with type 2 diabetes treated with oral antihyperglycemic agents in the Asia-Pacific region. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, 2012. 96(2): p. 141–148. doi: 10.1016/j.diabres.2011.12.027 22265956
55. Leiter L, Yale J, Chiasson J, Harris S, Kleinstiver P. Assessment of the impact of fear of hypoglycemic episodes on glycemic and hypoglycemia management. Canadian Journal of Diabetes, 2005. 29(3): p. 186–192.
56. Hill-Briggs F, Gemmell L. Problem solving in diabetes self-management and control: A systematic review of the literature. The Diabetes Educator, 2007. 33(6): p. 1032–1050. doi: 10.1177/0145721707308412 18057272
57. Trizano-Hermosilla I, Alvarado JM. Best Alternatives to Cronbach's Alpha Reliability in Realistic Conditions: Congeneric and Asymmetrical Measurements. Frontiers in Psychology, 2016. 7: p. 769. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2016.00769 27303333
58. Anderson BJ, Rubin RR. Helping patients understand, recognize, and avoid hypoglycemia. 2nd ed. Practical Psychology for Diabetes Clinicians. 2002, Alexandria, VA: American Diabetes Association.
59. Johnson S. Managing insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus in adolescence: A developmental perspective, in Advances in Pediatric Psychology. Adolescent Health Problems: Behavioral Perspectives. 1995, The Guilford Press: New York, NY, US. p. 265–288.
60. Elliott T, Shewchuk R, Miller D, Richards J. Profiles in problem solving: Psychological well-being and distress among persons with diabetes mellitus. Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings, 2001. 8(4): p. 283–291.
61. Hill-Briggs F, Lazo M, Peyrot M, Doswell A, Chang Y, Hill M, et al., Effect of problem-solving-based diabetes self-management training on diabetes control in a low-income patient sample. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 2011. 26(9): p. 972–978. doi: 10.1007/s11606-011-1689-6 21445680
62. Grant J. Social problem-solving partnerships with family caregivers. Rehabilitation Nursing, 1999. 24: p. 256–262.