1. World Health Organization. Iron Deficiency Anaemia Assessment, Prevention, and Control a guide for programme managers. Document, 2001: URL: https://www.who.int/nutrition/publications/en/ida_assessment_prevention_control.pdf.
2. World Health Organization.Haemoglobin concentrations for the diagnosis of anaemia and assessment of severity. Document, 2011: URL:https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/85839/WHO_NMH_NHD_MNM_11.1_engpdf
3. George Pray God, Lackson Kasonka, Woodd Susannah, Rehman Andrea M, Molly Chisenga, Filteau et al.Effects on mortality of a nutritional intervention for malnourished HIV-infected adults referred for antiretroviral therapy:. BMC Medicine, 2015: p. 13. doi: 10.1186/s12916-015-0267-x
4. Woodd Susannah, George Pray God, Molly Chisenga, Siame Joshua, Koethe John R.,Rehman et al. Effects on Anthropometry and Appetite of Vitamins and Minerals Given in Lipid Nutritional Supplements for Malnourished HIV-Infected Adults Referred for Antiretroviral Therapy: Results From the NUSTART Randomized Controlled Trial. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr, 2015. 68(4).
5. Opie J. Haematological complications of HIV infection. SAMJ, 2012. Vol. 102, No. 6 p. 4.
6. Paul-aryee. Interaction between anaemia and human immuno-deficiency virus infection in an asymptomatic population. SEPTEMBER 2009: p. 256.
7. UNAIDS. Nutrition assessment, counselling and support for adolescents and adults living with HIV. A PROGRAMMING GUIDE, 2014: URL: https://documents.wfp.org/stellent/groups/public/documents/newsroom/wfp271543.pdf
8. Kayode O. Osungbade, A.O.O. Anaemia in Developing Countries: Burden and Prospects of Prevention and Control. 2012: URL:https://www.researchgate.net/publication/221926480_Anaemia_in_Developing_Countries_Burden_and_Prospects_of_Prevention_and_Control/
9. World Health Organization.Worldwide prevalence of anaemia 1993–2005. WHO Global Database on Anaemia, 2008: URL: https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/43894/9789241596657_eng.pdf
10. Jasrasaria Rashmi, Naghavi Mohsen, Wulf Sarah K., Johns Nicole, Lozano Rafael, Kassebaum et al. A systematic analysis of global anemia burden from 1990 to 2010. The American Society of Hematology, 2014. 123: p. 11.
11. Walson JL, S.B., Sangare L, Mbogo LW, Otieno PA, et al. (2010), Prevalence and Correlates of Helminth Co-infection in Kenyan HIV-1 Infected Adults. PLOS, 2010: p. 10.
12. Omoregie R., Omokaro E.U., Palmer O., Ogefere H.O., Egbeobauwaye A., Adeghe J.E., Osakue S.I. and V. Ihemej Prevalence of anemia among HIV-infected patients in Benin City, Nigeria. Tanzania Journal of Health Research, Vol. 11, No. 1, January 2009.
13. Gedefaw L, Yemane T, Salehmariam Z, Yilma D. Anemia and Risk Factors in HAART Naı¨ve and HAART Experienced HIV Positive Persons in South West Ethiopia: A Comparative Study PLOS, 2013: p. 5.
14. Watkins Crystal C and Treisman G.J. Cognitive impairment in patients with AIDS–prevalence and severity. Dove medical press, 2015: p. 13.
15. Central Statistical Agency Addis Ababa. An Ethiopia Demographic and Health Survey 2011. SURVEY, 2012: p. 450.
16. Central Statistical Agency Addis Ababa. Ethiopia Mini Demographic and Health Survey REPORT, 2014: p. 108.
17. Assefa Muluken, W.E.A., Shewamare Aster, Medhin Girmay and Belay Mulugeta.Prevalence and correlates of anemia among HIV infected patients on highly active anti-retroviral therapy at Zewditu Memorial Hospital, Ethiopia. BMC Hematology, 2015.
18. Wondimeneh Y.7& Ferede G. Prevalence and related factors of anemia in HAART-naive HIV positive patients at Gondar University Hospital, Northwest Ethiopia. BMC HEMATOLGY,2013: p. 5.
19. Phe T, T.S., Veng C, Sok S, Lynen L, et al. Risk Factors of Treatment-Limiting Anemia after Substitution of Zidovudine for Stavudine in HIV-Infected Adult Patients on Antiretroviral Treatment. PLoS ONE 2013: p. 7.
20. Zhou Jialun, A.J., Bissagnene Emmanuel, Musick Beverly, Wools-Kaloustian Kara, Maxwell Nicola, Andrew Boulle F.W., Masys Daniel, Iriondo-Perez Jeniffer, Hemingway-Foday Jay and Law Matthew. Short-term risk of anaemia following initiation of combination antiretroviral treatment in HIV- infected patients in countries in sub-Saharan Africa, Asia-Pacific, and central and South America. Journal of the International AIDS Society, 2012.
21. REUST C.E. Common Adverse Effects of Antiretroviral Therapy for HIV Disease. American Academy of Family Physician, 2011: p. 9.
22. Aryee P, B.M., Alan A, INTERACTION BETWEEN ANAEMIA AND HUMAN IMMUNO-DEFICIENCY VIRUS INFECTION IN AN ASYMPTOMATIC POPULATION IN SOUTH AFRICA. University of Southampton Research Repository ePrints Soton, 2009: p. 256.
23. Milkiyas Wolde Habtamu et al. Incidence and Risk Factors of Anemia among HIV/AIDS Patients Taking Anti-Retroviral Terapy at Tertiary Hospitals in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia: A Retrospective Cohort Study. Journal of HIV/AIDS & Infectious Diseases, 2014: p. 8.
24. Enawgaw B.et al. Determination of hematological and immunological parameters among HIV positive patients taking highly active antiretroviral treatment and treatment naïve in the antiretroviral therapy clinic of Gondar University Hospital, Gondar, Northwest Ethiopia: a comparative cross-sectional study. BMC HEMATOLGY, 2014: p. 7.
25. Mihiretie Hylemariam, B.T., Tsegaye Aster. Intestinal Parasitosis in Relation to CD4+T Cells Levels and Anemia among HAART Initiated and HAART Naive Pediatric HIV Patients in a Model ART Center in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. PLOS, 2015.
26. Egata G., Dereje B., Dessalegn G., Birhanu S. Prevalence of Anemia and Associated Factors among PHIVs Attendants Antiretroviral Therapy Clinics in Public Health Institutions in Dire Dawa Town, East Ethiopia. Journal of Medicine, Physiology and Biophysics, 2016. 22.
27. WHO STEPS Surveillance Manual: The WHO STEP wise Approach to Chronic Disease Risk Factor Surveillance. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2008:URL: https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/43376/9241593830_eng.pdf
28. Owiredu WKBA, Quaye L., Amidu N., Addai M.O. Prevalence of anaemia and immunological markers among Ghanaian HAART-naïve HIV-patients and those on HAART. African Health Sciences, 2011: p. 14.
29. Kulkarni Dr. Mukund B., D.M.M.B., Mungal Dr. S.U., Dube Dr. S. P.Anemia in People Living With HIV/AIDS: A Cross Sectional Study from India. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences, 2015. 14.
30. Meidani M, Rezaei F, Maracy MR, Avigan M, Tayeri K. Prevalence, severity, and related factors of anemia in HIV/AIDS patients. Anemia in HIV/AIDS patients, 2012: p. 6.
31. Abubakar, Grace P. Prevalence of Anemia among Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infected Patients Accessing Healthcare in Federal Medical Center Keffi, Nigeria. International Journal of TROPICAL DISEASE & Health, 2015.
32. Gil Cunha De Santis a, Denise Menezes Brunetta a, Fernando Crivelenti Vilar b, Renata Amorim Branda, G.M.N.d.L. Renata Zomer de Albernaz Munizb, and D.T.C.a. Manuela Emiliana Amorelli-Chacel b, c, Alcyone Artioli Machadob.Hematological abnormalities in HIV-infected patients. International Journal of Infectious Diseases 15 (2011) e808–e811, 2011: p. 4.
33. Takuva Simbarashe, et al., Anemia among HIV-Infected Patients Initiating Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa: Improvement in Hemoglobin regardless of Degree of Immunosuppression and the Initiating ART Regimen. Journal of TropicalMedicine, 2013: p. 7.
34. Habtamu Fufa, M.U., Samson Taffesse, Najat Mokhtar, and Hassan Aguenaou. Nutritional and immunological status and their associations among HIV-infected adults in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Food and Nutrition Bulletin, vol., 2009. 30(3).
35. Belaynew Wasie Y.K., Anwar Yibrie, nutritional status of adults living with HIV/AIDS At The University Of Gondar Referral Hospital, Northwest Ethiopia. Ethiop. J. Health Biomed Sci., 2010. 3(1): p. 12.
36. Kawai K., E.V.M.M., Saathoff E. Urassa W., Bosch R. J., Spiegelman D., Fawzi W. W. Predictors of change in nutritional and hemoglobin status among adults treated for tuberculosis in Tanzania. INT J TUBERC LUNG Disease 2011: p. 11.
37. Sicotte Maryline, Bemeur Chantal, Diouf Assane, Maria Victoria Zunzunegui and Vinh-Kim Nguyen and f.t.A. initiative. Nutritional status of HIV-infected patients during the first year HAART in two West African cohorts. Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition 2015: p. 10.
38. Daka D, Lelissa D, Amsalu A. Prevalence of anemia before and after the initiation of antiretroviral therapy at ART center of Hawassa University Referral Hospital, Hawassa, South Ethiopia. Sch J Med. 2013; 3(1): 1–6.
39. Measy et al. Prevalence of intestinal parasites and associated risk factors among HIV/AIDS patients with pre-ART and on-ART attending dessie hospital ART clinic, Northeast Ethiopia. AIDS Research and Therapy 2013, 10:7, 2013: p. 9.
40. Dereje Gedle B.G., Dagnachew Muluye and Molla Mesele.Prevalence of malnutrition and its associated factors among adult people living with HIV/AIDS receiving anti-retroviral therapy at Butajira Hospital,southern Ethiopia. BMC Nutrition, 2015: p. 11.
41. Sara Adarvishi, M.A., Mohamad Ghasemi Deh Cheshmeh, Mahdi Tavalla, and Fatemeh Hardani. Prevalence of Intestinal Parasites in HIV-Positive Patients Attending Ahvaz Health Centers in 2012: A Cross-Sectional Study in South of Iran. Jundishapur J Chronic Dis Care. 2016, 2016: p. 6.
42. Mugisha JO, B.K., Asiki G, Seeley J, Kuper H. Prevalence, Types, Risk Factors and Clinical Correlates of Anaemia in Older People in a Rural Ugandan Population. PLOS, 2013: p. 10.
43. Johannessen A., et al. Antiretroviral treatment reverses HIV-associated anemia in rural Tanzania. BMC Infectious Diseases, 2011.
44. AGARAWAL et al. High incidence of zidovudine induced anaemia in HIV infected patients in eastern India. Indian J Med Res 132, 2010: p. 4. 20693582
45. Thong Phe, S.T., Chhunheng Veng, Sopheak Sok, Lutgarde Lynen, Johan van, Griensven.Risk Factors of Treatment-Limiting Anemia after Substitution of Zidovudine for Stavudine in HIV-Infected Adult Patients on Antiretroviral Treatment. PLOS, 2013.
46. Kateera et al. Malaria, anaemia and under-nutrition: three frequently co-existing conditions among preschool children in rural Rwanda. MALAEIA JOURNAL, 2015: p. 11.
47. Tay et al. The prevalence of malaria among HIV seropositive individuals and the impact of the co- infection on their hemoglobin levels. Annals of Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobials (10, 2015: p. 8. doi: 10.1186/1476-0711-10-8
48. Kerkhoff et al. Predictive Value of Anemia for Tuberculosis in HIV-Infected Patients in Sub-Saharan Africa: An Indication for Routine Microbiological Investigation Using New Rapid Assays. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr, 2014. 66: p. 6.
49. Nagu Tumaini J., D.S.E.H., Makani Said Abo Julie, Matee Wafaie Fawzi Mecky I., Mugusi Nagu Ferdinand et al.Anemia at the Initiation of Tuberculosis Therapy Is Associated with Delayed Sputum Conversion among Pulmonary Tuberculosis Patients in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania. PLOS, 2014: p. 8.
50. Aishwarya R. et al. Assessment of Nutritional Status of people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) in the age group of 18–55 years. IOSR Journal of Nursing and Health Science (IOSR-JNHS), 2015: p. 12.