1. Goleman D. Emotional intelligence: Why it can matter more than IQ. Learning. 1996; 24(6), 49–50.
2. Bar-On R. EQ-i: Bar On emotional quotient inventory: A measure of emotional intelligence: Technical manual. North Tonawanda: Multi-Health System; 2002.
3. Bar-On R. EQ-i: The Bar-On model of emotional-social intelligence (ESI). Psicothema. 2002; 18, 13–25. Available from: http://www.redalyc.org/articulo.oa?id=72709503
4. Mayer J. D., Salovey P., and Caruso D. R. Emotional intelligence: Theory, findings, and implications. Psychological Inquiry. 2004; 15, 197–215.
5. Mayer J. D., and Salovey P. The intelligence of emotional intelligence. Intelligence. 1993; 17, 433–442.
6. Petrides K. V., Pita R., and Kokkinaki F. The location of trait emotional intelligence in personality factor space. British Journal of Psychology. 2007; 98(2), 273–289. doi: 10.1348/000712606X120618 17456273
7. Petrides K. V., and Furnham A. Trait emotional intelligence: Psychometric investigation with reference to established trait taxonomies. European Journal of Personality, 2001; 15, 425–448.
8. Hodzic S., Scharfen J., Ripoll P., Holling H., and Zenasni F. How Efficient Are Emotional Intelligence Trainings: A Meta-Analysis. Emotion Review. 2018; 10(2), 138–148. doi: 10.1177/1754073917708613
9. Schutte N. S., Malouff J. M., and Thorsteinsson E. B. Increasing emotional intelligence through training: Current status and future directions. International Journal of Emotional Education. 2013; 5(1), 56.
10. Moon T. W., and Hur W. M. Emotional intelligence, emotional exhaustion, and job performance. Social Behavior and Personality. 2011; 39(8), 1087–1096. doi: 10.2224/sbp.2011.39.8.1087
11. Van Rooy DL, Viswesvaran C Emotional intelligence: A meta-analytic investigation of predictive validity and nomological net. Journal of Vocational Behavior. 2014; 65, 71–95. doi: 10.1016/S0001-8791(03)00076-9
12. Joseph DL, Newman DA Emotional intelligence: An integrative meta-analysis and cascading model. Journal of Applied Psychology. 2010; 95, 54–78. doi: 10.1037/a0017286 20085406
13. Pérez-González JC, and Qualter P Emotional intelligence and emotional education in school years. In Dacree Pool L., Qualter P, editors. An Introduction to Emotional Intelligence. Chichester: Wiley; 2018. pp. 81–104.
14. Brasseur S, Grégoire J, Bourdu R, Mikolajczak M. The Profile of Emotional Competence (PEC): Development and Validation of a Self-Reported Measure that Fits Dimensions of Emotional Competence Theory. 2013; PLOS ONE, 8 (5) e62635. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0062635 23671616
15. Chiva R., and Alegre J. Emotional intelligence and job satisfaction: The role of organizational learning capability. Personnel Review. 2008; 37(5–6), 680–701. doi: 10.1108/00483480810906900
16. Sener E., Demirel O., and Sarlak K. The effect of the emotional intelligence on job satisfaction. Connecting Health and Humans. 2009; 146, 710–711. doi: 10.3233/978-1-60750-024-7-710
17. Moreno-Jimenez B., Blanco-Donoso L. M., Aguirre-Camacho A., de Rivas S., and Herrero M. Social skills for the new organizations. Behavioral Psychology-Psicologia Conductual. 2014; 22, 585–602.
18. Kinman G., and Grant L. Exploring stress resilience in trainee social workers: The role of emotional and social competencies. British Journal of Social Work. 2011; 41, 261–275.
19. Froman L. Positive psychology in the workplace. Journal of Adult Development. 2010; 17, 59–69.
20. Humphrey R. H., Pollack J. M., and Hawver T. Leading with emotional labor. Journal of Managerial Psychology. 2008; 23, 151–168.
21. Mayer J. D., Salovey P., and Caruso D. R. Emotional intelligence: New ability or eclectic traits? American Psychologist. 2008; 63, 503–517. doi: 10.1037/0003-066X.63.6.503 18793038
22. Nelis D., Kotsou I., Quoidbach J., Hansenne M., Weytens F., Dupuis P., et al. Increasing emotional competence improves psychological and physical well-being, social relationships, and employability. Emotion. 2011; 11(2), 354–366. doi: 10.1037/a0021554 21500904
23. Hur Y., van den Berg P. T., and Wilderom C. P. M. Transformational leadership as a mediator between emotional intelligence and team outcomes. Leadership Quarterly. 2011; 22(4), 591–603. doi: 10.1016/j.leaqua.2011.05.002
24. Slaski M., and Cartwright S. Health, performance and emotional intelligence: An exploratory study of retail managers. Stress and Health: Journal of the International Society for the Investigation of Stress. 2002; 18(2), 63–68.
25. Kaplan S., Cortina J., Ruark G., LaPort K., and Nicolaides V. The role of organizational leaders in employee emotion management: A theoretical model. The Leadership Quarterly. 2014; 25(3), 563–580.
26. Thiel C. E., Connelly S., and Griffith J. A. Leadership and emotion management for complex tasks: Different emotions, different strategies. The Leadership Quarterly. 2012; 23(3), 517–533.
27. Batool B. F. Emotional intelligence and effective leadership. Journal of Business Studies Quarterly. 2013; 4(3), 84.
28. Gardner L., and Stough C. Examining the relationship between leadership and emotional intelligence in senior level managers. Leadership and organization development journal. 2002; 23(2), 68–78.
29. Sunindijo R. Y., Hadikusumo B. H. W., and Ogunlana S. Emotional intelligence and leadership styles in construction project management. Journal of Management in Engineering. 2007; 23, 166–170.
30. Cooper R. K. Applying emotional intelligence in the workplace. Training and Development, 51. 1997; 31–42.
31. George J. M. Emotions and Leadership: The Role of Emotional Intelligence. Human Relations. 2000; 53(8), 1027–1055. doi: 10.1177/0018726700538001
32. Wong C. S., and Law K. S. The effects of leader and follower emotional intelligence on performance and attitude: An exploratory study. The leadership quarterly. 2002; 13(3), 243–274.
33. Palmer B., Walls M., Burgess Z., and Stough C. Emotional intelligence and effective leadership. Leadership and Organization Development Journal. 2001; 22(1), 5–10.
34. Yammarino F. J., Spangler W. D., and Bass B. M. Transformational leadership and performance: A longitudinal investigation. The Leadership Quarterly. 1993; 4(1), 81–102.
35. Cha J, Cichy RF, Kim SH. The contribution of emotional intelligence to social skills and stress management skills among automated foodservice industry executives. Journal of Human Resources in Hospitality and Tourism. 2008; 8(1),15–31.
36. Dulewicz V, Higgs M. Leadership at the top: The need for emotional intelligence in organizations. The International Journal of Organizational Analysis. 2003;11(3), 193–210.
37. Goleman D, Boyatzis R. McKee. The New Leaders: Transforming the Art of Leadership into the Science of Results. London: Little Brown, 2002.
38. Goleman D. and Boyatzis R. Social intelligence and the biology of leadership. Harvard Business Review. 2008; 86, 74–85.
39. Nelis D., Quoidbach J., Mikolajczak M., and Hansenne M. Increasing emotional intelligence: (How) is it possible? Personality and Individual Differences. 2009; 47(1), 36–41.
40. Boyatzis R. E., and Saatcioglu A. A 20-year view of trying to develop emotional, social and cognitive intelligence competencies in graduate management education. Journal of Management Development. 2008; 27, 92–108. doi: 10.1108/02621710810840785
41. Clarke N. Developing emotional intelligence abilities through team-based learning. Human Resource Development Quarterly. 2010; 21(2), 119–138. doi: 10.1002/hrdq.20036
42. Dacre Pool L., and Qualter P. Improving emotional intelligence and emotional self-efficacy through a teaching intervention for university students. Learning and Individual Differences. 2012; 22(3), 306–312. doi: 10.1016/j.lindif.2012.01.010
43. Gilar-Corbi R., Pozo-Rico T., and Castejon-Costa J. L. Improving emotional intelligence in higher education students: testing program effectiveness in tree countries. Educacion Xx1. 2019; 22(1), 161–187. doi: 10.5944/educXX1.1988044
44. Pool L. D., and Qualter P. Improving emotional intelligence and emotional self-efficacy through a teaching intervention for university students. Learning and Individual Differences. 2012; 22(3), 306–312. doi: 10.1016/j.lindif.2012.01.010
45. Beigi M., and Shirmohammadi M. Effects of an emotional intelligence training program on service quality of bank branches. Managing Service Quality. 2011; 21(5), 552–567. doi: 10.1108/09604521111159825
46. Turner R., and Lloyd-Walker B. (2008). Emotional intelligence (EI) capabilities training: Can it develop EI in project teams? International Journal of Managing Projects in Business, 1(4), 512–534. doi: 10.1108/17538370810846450
47. Dugan J. W., Weatherly R. A., Girod D. A., Barber C. E., and Tsue T. T. A longitudinal study of emotional intelligence training for otolaryngology residents and faculty. JAMA Otolaryngology Head Neck Surgery. 2014; 140(8), 720–726. doi: 10.1001/jamaoto.2014.1169 25011036
48. Cherniss C., Grimm L. G., and Liautaud J. P. Process-designed training: A new approach for helping leaders develop emotional and social competence. Journal of Management Development. 2010; 29(5), 413–431. doi: 10.1108/02621711011039196
49. Clarke N. The impact of a training program designed to target the emotional intelligence abilities of project managers. International Journal of Project Management. 2010; 28(5), 461–468. doi: 10.1016/j.ijpro-man.2009.08.004
50. Dulewicz V., and Higgs M. Can emotional intelligence be developed? International Journal of Human Resource Management. 2004: 15, 95–111. doi: 10.1080/0958519032000157366
51. Slaski M., and Cartwright S. Emotional intelligence training and its implications for stress, health and performance. Stress and Health. 2003: 19(4), 233–239. doi: 10.1002/smi.979
52. Daus C. S., Cage T., Cooper C. L., and Ashkanasy N. M. Learning to face emotional intelligence: Training and workplace applications. Research companion to emotion in organizations. 2008; 245–260.
53. Coté S., and Miners C.T.H. Emotional intelligence, cognitive intelligence, and job performance. Administrative science quarterly. 2006; 51, 1–28.
54. Sy T., Tram S., and O'hara L.A. Relaction of employee and manager emotional intelligence to job satisfaction and performance. Journal of vovational behavior. 2006; 68(3), 461–473. doi: 10.1016/j.jvb.2005.10.003
55. Kotsou I., et al. Improving Emotional Intelligence: A Systematic Review of Existing Work and Future Challenges. Emotion Review, 2018, doi: 10.1177/1754073917735902
56. MacCann C., and Roberts R. D. New paradigms for assessing emotional intelligence: theory and data. Emotion. 2008; 8(4), 540–551. doi: 10.1037/a0012746 18729584
57. Mikolajczak M. Moving beyond the ability-trait debate: A three level model of emotional intelligence. E-Journal of Applied Psychology. 2009; 5, 25–32
58. Halasz G., and Michel A. Key competences in Europe: Interpretation, policy formulation and implementation. European Journal of Education. 2011; 46(3), 289–306.
59. Staudel T. Key competences for apprentices. International Journal of Psychology. 2008; 43(3–4), 336–336.
60. Clarke N. Emotional intelligence and its relationship to transformational leadership and key project manager competences. Project Management Journal. 2010; 41(2), 5–20.
61. Kirkpatrick D. Evaluating training programs: The four levels (2nd ed.). San Francisco, CA: Berrett–Koehler Publishers; 1998.
62. Bar-On R. The Bar-On Emotional Quotient Inventory (EQ-i): rationale, description and summary of psychometric properties. In Glenn G, editors. Measuring emotional intelligence: common ground and controversy. Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Publishers; 2004. pp. 111–142.
63. MacCann C., and Roberts R. D. The brief assessment of emotional intelligence: Short forms of the Situational Test of Emotional Understanding (STEU) and Situational Test of Emotion Management (STEM). Princeton, NJ: Educational Testing Service; 2008.
64. Hair J. F., Anderson R. E., Tatham R. L., and Black W. C. Análisis Multivariante, 5ª Ed. Madrid: Prentice Hall Iberia; 1999.
65. Wolff S. B., Pescosolido A. T., and Druskat V. U. Emotional intelligence as the basis of leadership emergence in self-managing teams. Leadership Quarterly. 2002; 13(5), 505–522. doi: 10.1016/S1048-9843(02)00141-8
66. Buono A. F. Primal leadership: Realizing the power of emotional intelligence. Leadership Quarterly. 2003; 14(3), 353–356. doi: 10.1016/S1048-9843(03)0019-5
67. Rosete D., and Ciarrochi J. Emotional intelligence and its relationship to workplace performance outcomes of leadership effectiveness. Leadership and Organization Development Journal. 2005; 26(5), 388–399.
68. Goleman D. What makes a leader? Harvard Business Review. 2004; 82(1), 82–94.
69. Kerr R., Garvin J., Heaton N., and Boyle E. Emotional intelligence and leadership effectiveness. Leadership and Organization Development Journal. 2006; 27(4), 265–279.
70. Carmeli A. The relationship between emotional intelligence and work attitudes, behavior and outcomes: An examination among senior managers. Journal of managerial Psychology. 2003; 18(8), 788–813.
71. Pescosolido A. T. Emergent leaders as managers of group emotion. The Leadership Quarterly, 13(5). 2002; 583–599.
72. Foster C., and Roche F. Integrating trait and ability EI in predicting transformational leadership. Leadership and Organization Development Journal. 2014; 35, 316–334.