1. Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. Visions in reform of mental health and medical welfare [Internet]. Tokyo: Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare; 2004 [cited 2018 Jan 4]. Available from: http://www.mhlw.go.jp/topics/2004/09/dl/tp0902-1a.pdf. Japanese.
2. Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. The results of the 2014 patient survey [Internet]. Tokyo: Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare; 2015 [cited 2018 Jan 4]. Available from: http://www.mhlw.go.jp/english/database/db-hss/sps_2014.html.
3. Ando S, Yamaguchi S, Aoki Y, Thornicroft G. Review of mental-health-related stigma in Japan. Psychiat Clinic Neuros. 2013;67: 471–482. doi: 10.1111/pcn.12086 24118217
4. Yokoyama K, Morimoto T, Ichihara-Takeda S, Ikeda N. The process of self-disclosure and reduction of self-stigma in people with schizophrenia living in the community. Jpn J Psychiatr Rehabil. 2014;18: 174–182. Japanese.
5. Jourard SM. Self-disclosure: An experimental analysis of the transparent self. New York: Wiley-Interscience; 1971.
6. Halverson CF Jr, Shore RE. Self-disclosure and interpersonal functioning. J Consult Clin Psychol. 1969;33: 213–217. doi: 10.1037/h0027158 4890998
7. Matsubara S, Saito I. Gender difference in self-disclosure, the contents difference in self-disclosure depending on the subject’s relationship with target persons, and relationship between self-disclosure and healthy personality. Jpn J Appl Psychol. 2009;34: 126–136. Japanese.
8. Ando K. Self-disclosure in the acquaintance process: Effects of affiliative tendency and sensitivity to rejection. Jpn Psychol Res. 1978;20: 194–199. doi: 10.4992/psycholres1954.20.194
9. Stokes J, Fuehrer A, Childs L. Gender differences in self-disclosure to various target persons. J Couns Psychol. 1980;27: 192–198. doi: 10.1037/0022-0126.96.36.199
10. Yoshida K, Tagawa S, Ito J, Tamura R, Aizawa K. Survey on employment of people with mental illness with disability disclosure. Jpn J Psychiatr Rehabil. 2007;11; 66–76. Japanese.
11. Corrigan PW, Rao D. On the self-stigma of mental illness: stages, disclosure, and strategies for change. Can J Psychiat. 2012;57: 464–469. doi: 10.1177/070674371205700804 22854028
12. Corrigan PW, Morris S, Larson J, Rafacz J, Wassel A, Michaels P, et al. Self-stigma and coming out about one’s mental illness. J Community Psychol. 2010;38: 259–275. doi: 10.1002/jcop.20363 23970807
13. Yokoyama K, Morimoto T, Ichihara-Takeda S, Yoshino J, Ikeda N, Nishiyama Y, et al. Development of self-disclosure scale for people with mental illness. Clinical Psychiatry. 2017;59: 351–361. doi: 10.11477/mf.1405205366 Japanese.
14. Altman I, Taylor DA. Social penetration: The development of interpersonal relationships. New York: Holt, Rinehart & Winston; 1973.
15. World Health Organization (WHO). The ICD-10 classification of mental and behavioural disorders diagnostic criteria for research. Geneva: World Health Organization; 1992.
16. Cohen J. Statistical power analysis for the behavioral sciences. Hillsdale, New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates; 1988.
17. Yokoyama K, Morimoto T, Ichihara-Takeda S, Yoshino J, Ikeda N. Constructive concepts regarding self-disclosure in people with mental illness: a qualitative study focusing on people concerned living in the communities in Hokkaido. Jpn J. Psychiatr Rehabil. 2016;20: 169–176. Japanese.
18. Jourard SM. Self-disclosure and other-cathexis. J Abnorm Soc Psychol. 1959;59: 428–431. doi: 10.1037/h0041640 14407982
19. Enomoto T. Self-disclosure patterns of college student and their gender-differences in the patterns. Jpn J Psychol. 1987;58(2): 91–97. doi: 10.4992/jjpsy.58.91 Japanese. 3430882
20. Yamamoto M, Matsui Y, Yamanari Y. The structure of perceived aspects of self. Jpn J Educ Psychol. 1982;30: 64–68. doi: 10.5926/jjep1953.30.1_64 Japanese.
21. Shimotsu S, Sakamoto S, Horikawa N, Sakano Y. Reliability and validity of the Japanese version of Link’s devaluation-discrimination scale. Jpn J Psychiatr Treat. 2006;21(5): 521–528. Japanese.
22. Sugiura T. Developmental change in the relation between two affiliation motives and interpersonal alienation. Jpn J Educ Psychol. 2000;48(3): 352–360. doi: 10.5926/jjep1953.48.3_352 Japanese.
23. Ono Y, Yoshimura K, Yamauchi K, Momose T, Mizushima H, Asai M. Subjective well-being and ill-being among the patient and non-patient. Jpn J. Stress Sci. 1995;10: 273–278. Japanese.
24. Sell H, Nagpal R. Assessment of subjective well-being: the subjective well-being inventory (SUBI). New Delhi: World Health Organization; 1992.
25. Ono Y, Yoshimura K. Guidebook of WHO SUBI. Tokyo: Kaneko Shobo; 2001.
26. Benjamini Y, Hochberg Y. Controlling the false discovery rate: a practical and powerful approach to multiple testing. J R Stat Soc Ser B Stat Methodol. 1995;57(1): 298–300.
27. Andresen R, Oades L, Caputi P. The experience of recovery from schizophrenia: towards an empirically validated stage model. Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2003;37: 586–594. doi: 10.1046/j.1440-1614.2003.01234.x 14511087
28. Rapp CA, Goscha RJ. The strengths model: a recovery-oriented approach to mental health services. Oxford: Oxford University Press; 2011.
29. Lysaker PH, Dimaggio G, Hamm JA, Leonhardt BL, Hochheiser J, Lysaker JT. Disturbances in self-experience in schizophrenia: metacognition and the development of an integrative recovery-oriented individual psychotherapy. Psychopathology. 2018 Dec 11: 1–8. doi: 10.1159/000495297 30537720
30. Lysaker PH, Kukla M, Vohs JL, Schnakenberg Martin AM, Buck KD, Ohayon IH. Metacognition and recovery in schizophrenia: from research to the development of metacognitive reflection and insight therapy. J Exp Psychopathol. January-March 2019: 1–12. doi: 10.1177/2043808718814992
31. Petronio S, Martin JN. Ramifications of revealing private information: A gender gap. J Clinic Psychol. 1986;42: 499–506. doi: 10.1002/1097-4679(198605)42:3%3C499::AID-JCLP2270420317%3E3.0.CO;2-I
32. Jeyagurunathan A, Vaingankar JA, Abdin E, Sambasivam R, Seow E, Pan S, et al. Gender differences in positive mental health among individuals with schizophrenia. Compr Psychiat. 2017;74: 88–95. doi: 10.1016/j.comppsych.2017.01.005 28113098
33. Jourard SM. Age trends in self-disclosure. Merrill-Palmer Q Behav Dev. 1961;7: 191–197.