1. Wolfe SW, Crisco JJ, Orr CM, Marzke MW. The dart-throwing motion of the wrist: is it unique to humans? J Hand Surg Am. 2006;31:1429–37. doi: 10.1016/j.jhsa.2006.08.010 17095370
2. Moritomo H, Apergis EP, Herzberg G, Werner FW, Wolfe SW, Garcia-Elias M. IFSSH committee report of wrist biomechanics committee: biomechanics of the so-called dart-throwing motion of the wrist. J Hand Surg. 2007;32(9):1447–1453.
3. Feehan L, Fraser T. Dart-throwing motion with a twist orthoses: Design, fabrication, and clinical tips. Journal of Hand Therapy. 2016;29: 205–212. doi: 10.1016/j.jht.2015.12.009 27264905
4. Vardakastani V, Bell H, Mee S, Brigstocke G. Clinical measurement of the dart throwing motion of the wrist: variability, accuracy and correction. J Hand Surg Eur. 2018;43: 723–731.
5. Szymanski DJ, Szymanski JM, Molloy JM, Pascoe DD. Effect of 12 weeks of wrist and forearm training on high school baseball players. J Strength Cond Res. 2004;18(3):432–440. doi: 10.1519/13703.1 15320673
6. Lee J, Kim T, Lim K. Effects of eccentric control exercise for wrist extensor and shoulder stabilization exercise on the pain and functions of tennis elbow. J Phys Ther Sci. 2018;30:590–594. doi: 10.1589/jpts.30.590 29706713
7. Hore J, Watts S, Tweed D, Miller B. Overarm throws with the nondominant arm: kinematics of accuracy. J Neurophysiol. 1996;76: 3693–3704. doi: 10.1152/jn.19220.127.116.1193 8985867
8. Hore J, Watts S, Tweed D. Errors in the control of joint rotations associated with inaccuracies in overarm throws. J Neurophysiol. 1996;75: 1013–1025. doi: 10.1152/jn.1918.104.22.1683 8867114
9. Verhoeven F, Newell K. Coordination and control of posture and ball release in basketball free-throw shooting. Human Movement Science. 2016;49: 216–224. doi: 10.1016/j.humov.2016.07.007 27442763
10. Chow J, Kuenster A, Young-tae L. Kinematic analysis of javelin throw performed by wheelchair athletes of different functional classes. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine. 2003;2: 36–46. 24616609
11. Toffan A, Alexander M, Peeler J. Comparison of the technique of the football quarterback pass between high school and university athletes. J. Strength Cond. Res. 2018; 32:2474–97. doi: 10.1519/JSC.0000000000002068 28759540
12. Bernstein N. The co-ordination and regulation of movements. Oxford, New York, Pergamon Press. 1967.
13. Button C, Macleod M, Sanders R, Coleman S. Examining movement variability in the basketball free-throw action at different skill levels. Res. Q. Exerc. Sport. 2003;74: 257–269 doi: 10.1080/02701367.2003.10609090 14510290
14. Bartlett R, Müller E, Lindinger S, Brunner F, Morriss C. Three-dimensional evaluation of the kinematic release parameters for javelin throwers of different skill levels. Journal of Applied Biomechanics. 1996;12: 58–71.
15. Hore J, Watts S. Skilled throwers use physics to time ball release to the nearest millisecond. J Neurophysiol. 2011;106: 2024–2033. doi: 10.1152/jn.00059.2011 21775713
16. Sayers M. Kinematic analysis of line-out throwing in elite international rugby union. J. Sports Sci. Med. 2011;10: 553–558.
17. Reina R, Domínguez-Díez M, Urbán T, Roldán A. Throwing distance constraints regarding kinematics and accuracy in high-level boccia players. Science & Sports. 2018;33: 299–306.
18. Kudo K, Tsutsui S, Ishikura T, Ito T, Yamamoto Y. Compensatory coordination of release parameters in a throwing task. J Mot Behav. 2000;32: 337–345. doi: 10.1080/00222890009601384 11114227
19. Smeets J, Frens M, Brenner E. Throwing darts: timing is not the limiting factor. Exp Brain Res. 2002;144: 268–274. doi: 10.1007/s00221-002-1072-2 12012165
20. Cohen R, Sternad D. State space analysis of timing: exploiting task redundancy to reduce sensitivity to timing. J Neurophysiol. 2012;107: 618–627. doi: 10.1152/jn.00568.2011 22031769
21. Nasu D, Matsuo T, Kadota K. Two Types of Motor Strategy for Accurate Dart Throwing. PLoS ONE. 2014;9(2): e88536. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0088536 24533102
22. Sternad D, Abe M, Hu X, Müller H. Neuromotor noise, error tolerance and velocity-dependent costs in skilled performance. PLoS Comput Biol. 2011;7:e1002159. doi: 10.1371/journal.pcbi.1002159 21966262
23. Oldfield RC.The assessment and analysis of handedness: the Edinburgh inventory. Neuropsychologia. 1971;9(1), 97–113. doi: 10.1016/0028-3932(71)90067-4 5146491