1. Altman EI, Iwanicz-Drozdowska M, Laitinen E, Suvas A (2017) Financial distress prediction in an International context: A review and empirical analysis of Altman's Z-Score model. Journal of International Financial Management & Accounting, 28 (2), 131–171. https://doi.org/10.1111/jifm.12053
2. Union of European Football Associations, UEFA (2017). Financial Report 2016/2017. 42nd Ordinary UEFA Congress.
3. Storm RK, Nielsen K (2012) Soft budget constraints in professional football, European Sport Management Quarterly, 12(2), 183–201. https://doi.org/10.1080/16184742.2012.670660
4. Drut B, Raballand G (2012) Why does financial regulation matter for European professional football clubs? International Journal of Sport Management and Marketing, 11(1/2), 73–88. https://doi.org/10.1504/ijsmm.2012.045488
5. Union of European Football Associations, UEFA (2018) Club Licensing and financial fair play regulations, Edition 2018.
6. Deloitte (2018). Annual Review of Football Finance 2018.
7. Preuss H, Haugen KK, Schubert M (2014) UEFA financial fair play: the curse of regulation. EJSS-Journal of Sports Law & Economics, 2(1), 33–51. https://doi.org/10.12863/ejssax2x1-2014x1
8. Müller JC, Lammert J, Hovemann G (2014) The Financial Fair Play Regulations of UEFA: An Adequate Concept to Ensure the Long-Term Viability and Sustainability of European Club Football? International Journal of Sport Finance, 7(2), 117–140. https://doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.2853349
9. Vöpel H (2011) Do We Really Need Financial Fair Play in European Club Football? CESifo DICE Report 9 (3), 54–59.
10. Union of European Football Associations, UEFA (2009) Club Licensing and financial fair play regulations, Edition 2009.
11. Barajas Á, Rodríguez P, (2014) Spanish football in need of financial therapy: Cut expenses and inject capital. International Journal of Sport Finance, 9, 73–90. https://doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.2392533
12. Buraimo B, Simmons R, Szymanski S (2006) English Football. Journal of Sports Economics, 7(1), 29–46. https://doi.org/10.1177/1527002505282911
13. Ascari G, Gagnepain P (2006) Spanish Football. Journal of Sports Economics, 7(1), 76–89. https://doi.org/10.1177/1527002505282869
14. Baroncelli A, Lago U (2006) Italian Football. Journal of Sports Economics, 7(1), 13–28. https://doi.org/10.1177/1527002505282863
15. Frick B, Prinz J (2006) Crisis? What Crisis? Football in Germany. Journal of Sports Economics, 7(1), 60–75. https://doi.org/10.1177/1527002505282868
16. Andreff W (2007) French Football: A Financial Crisis Rooted in Weak Governance. Journal of Sports Economics, 8(6), 652–661. https://doi.org/10.1177/1527002506297021
17. Sayari N, Mugan CS (2016) Industry specific financial distress modeling. BRQ Business Research Quarterly, 20 (1), 45–62. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.brq.2016.03.003
18. Breuer M, Forrest D (2018) The Palgrave Handbook on the Economics of Manipulation in Sport. Palgrave Macmillan. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-77389-6
19. Jones S, Johnstone D, Wilson R (2017) Predicting corporate bankruptcy: An evaluation of alternative statistical frameworks. Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, 44(1–2), 3–34. https://doi.org/10.1111/jbfa.12218
20. Beaver WH (1966) Financial ratios as predictors of failure. Journal of Accounting Research, 4, Empirical Research in Accounting, 71–111. http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/2490171
21. Altman EI (1968) Financial ratios, discriminant analysis and the prediction of corporate bankruptcy. The Journal of Finance, 23, 589–609. http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/2978933
22. Zmijewski ME (1984) Methodological issues related to the estimation of financial distress prediction model. Journal of Accounting Research, 22, 59–82. http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/2490859
23. Altman E (1993) Corporate financial distress and bankruptcy, Second Edition, John Wiley & Sons, New York.
24. Jones S, Hensher DA (2004) Predicting firm financial distress: A mixed logit model. The Accounting Review, 79(4), 1011–1038. https://doi.org/10.2308/accr.2004.79.4.1011
25. Xie C, Luo C, Yu X (2011) Financial distress prediction based on SVM and MDA methods: the case of Chinese listed companies. Quality & Quantity, 45, 671–686. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11135-010-9376-y
26. Lin T (2009) A cross model study of corporate financial distress prediction in Taiwan: Multiple discriminant analysis, logit, probit and neural networks models. Neurocomputing, 72, 3507–3516. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neucom.2009.02.018
27. Bae JK (2012) Predicting financial distress of the South Korean manufacturing industries. Expert Systems with Applications, 39, 9159–9165. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2012.02.058
28. Bao X, Tao Q, Fu H (2015) Dynamic financial distress prediction based on Kalman filtering. Journal of Applied Statistics, 42(2), 292–308. https://doi.org/10.1080/02664763.2014.947359
29. Kim SY, Upneja A (2014) Predicting restaurant financial distress using decision tree and AdaBoosted decision tree models. Economic Modelling, 36, 354–362. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.econmod.2013.10.005
30. Beech J, Horsman S, Magraw J (2010) Insolvency events among English football clubs. International Journal of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship, 11 (3), 53–66. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJSMS-11-03-2010-B006
31. Szymanski S, (2017). Entry into exit: insolvency in English professional football. Scottish Journal of Political Economy, 64(4), 419–444. https://doi.org/10.1111/sjpe.12134
32. Szymanski S (2010) The Financial Crisis and English Football: The Dog That Will Not Bark. International Journal of Sport Finance, 5(1), 28–40.
33. Plumley D, Wilson R, Ramchandani G (2014) Towards a model for measuring holistic performance of professional Football clubs. Soccer & Society, 18(1), 16–29. https://doi.org/10.1080/14660970.2014.980737
34. Wilson R, Ramchandani G, Plumley D (2018) Parachute payments in English football: Softening the landing or distorting the balance? Journal of Global Sport Management, 3(4), 1–18. https://doi.org/10.1080/24704067.2018.1441740
35. Ascari G, Gagnepain P (2007) Evaluating Rent Dissipation in the Spanish Football Industry. Journal of Sports Economics, 7(1), 468–490. https://doi.org/10.1177/1527002506292582
36. Rico M, Puig F (2015) Why do Spanish football clubs success in their insolvency proceedings? Universia Business Review, 48(4), 52–85.
37. Buraimo B, Paramio JL, Campos C (2010) The impact of televised football on stadium attendances in English and Spanish league football. Soccer & Society, 11 (4), 461–474. https://doi.org/10.1080/14660971003780388
38. Barajas Á, Rodríguez P, (2010) Spanish football clubs’ finances: Crisis and player salaries. International Journal of Sport Finance, 5, 52–66.
39. Dietl HM, Franck E (2007) Governance Failure and Financial Crisis in German Football. Journal of Sports Economics 8(6), 662–69. https://doi.org/10.1177/1527002506297022
40. Budzinski O, Müller, A (2013) Fnanzregulierung und internationale Wettbewerbsfähigkeit: Der Fall Deutsche Bundesliga. Ilmenau Economics Discussion Papers, No. 82 echn. Univ., Inst. für Volkswirtschaftslehre, Ilmenau. http://hdl.handle.net/10419/76812
41. Symanski S, Weimar D (2019) Insolvencies in Professional Football: A German Sonderweg? International Journal of Sport Finance, 14(4), 54–88. https://doi.org/10.32731/IJSF.141.022019.05
42. Nicoliello M, Zampatti D (2016) Football clubs’ profitability after the Financial Fair Play regulation: evidence from Italy. Sport, Business and Management. 6(4), 460–475. https://doi.org/10.1108/SBM-07-2014-0037
43. Scarfato V, Dimitropoulos P (2018) Human capital and financial performance in professional football: the role of governance mechanisms. Corporate Governance: The international journal of business in society, 18(2), 289–316. https://doi.org/10.1108/CG-05-2017-0096
44. Andreff W (2015) Club governance and budget constraints in European and French football. Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01305710, HAL.
45. Scelles N, Szymanski S, Dermit-Richard N (2018) Insolvency in French soccer: The case of payment failure. Journal of Sport Economics, 19(5), 603–624. https://doi.org/10.1177/1527002516674510
46. Galariotis E, Germain C, Zopounidis C (2018) A combined methodology for the concurrent evaluation of the business, financial and sports performance of football clubs: the case of France. Annals of Operations Research, 266(1–2), 589–612. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10479-017-2631-z
47. Ecer F, Boyukaslan A (2014) Measuring performances of football clubs using financial ratios: The gray relational analysis approach. American Journal of Economics, 4(1), 62–71. https://doi.org/10.5923/j.economics.20140401.06
48. Sakınç İ (2014) Using grey relational analysis to determine the financial performance of Turkish football clubs. Journal of Economics Library, 1(1), 22–33. http://dx.doi.org/10.1453/jel.v1i1.160
49. Madden P (2015) Welfare Economics of “Financial Fair Play” in a Sports League with Benefactor Owners. Journal of Sports Economics, 16(2), 159–184. https://doi.org/10.1177/1527002512465759
50. Sass M (2016) Glory Hunters, Sugar Daddies, and Long-Term Competitive Balance Under UEFA Financial Fair Play. Journal of Sports Economics, 17(2), 148–158. https://doi.org/10.1177/1527002514526412
51. Frank E, Lang M (2014) A theoretical analysis of the influence of money injections on risk taking in football clubs. Scottish journal of political economy 61 (4), 430–454. https://doi.org/10.1111/sjpe.12052
52. Bachmaier B, Lammert J, Plumley D, Wilson R, Hovemann G (2018) Regulatory intensity in English and German professional football. Sport, Business and Management, 8(3), 276–297. https://doi.org/10.1108/SBM-02-2017-0012
53. Frank E (2018) European Club Football after “Five Treatments” with Financial Fair Play—Time for an Assessment. International Journal of Financial Studies 6 (4), 97. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijfs6040097
54. Barajas A, Castro-Limeres O, Gasparetto T (2017) Application of MCDA to Evaluate Financial Fair Play and Financial Stability in European Football Clubs. Journal of Sports Economics & Management, 7(3), 143–164.
55. Ramchandani G, Plumley D, Boyes S, Wilson R (2018) A longitudinal and comparative analysis of competitive balance in five European football leagues. Team Performance Management: An International Journal. https://doi.org/10.1108/TPM-09-2017-0055
56. Soto-Pineda JA (2017) El control de ayudas públicas en la Unión Europea sobre los clubes del fútbol español. Revista de Derecho, 48, 54–130. https://doi.org/10.14482/dere.48.10142
57. Alaminos D, del Castillo A, Fernández MÁ (2016) A global model for bankruptcy prediction. PLoS ONE, 11(11), e0166693. http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0166693 27880810
58. Geng R, Bose I, Chen X (2015) Prediction of financial distress: An empirical study of listed Chinese companies using data mining. European Journal of Operational Research, 241(1), 236–247. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2014.08.016
59. Platt HD, Platt MB (2008). Financial distress comparison across three global regions. Journal of Risk Financial Management, 1(1), 129–162. https://doi.org/10.3390/jrfm1010129
60. Hair JF, Anderson RE, Tatham RL, Black WC (1999) Análisis multivariante, 5a edición. Editorial Prentice Hall, Madrid.
61. Grippo L, Manno A, Sciandrone M (2016) Decomposition techniques for multilayer perceptron training. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, 27 (11), 2146–2159. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNNLS.2015.2475621 26415186
62. Flórez R, Fernández JM (2008) Las redes neuronales artificiales: fundamentos teóricos y aplicaciones prácticas. Oleiros (La Coruña): Netbiblo.
63. Ramchoun H., Idrissi MAJ, Ghanou Y, Ettaouil M (2016) Multilayer perceptron: Architecture optimization and training. International Journal of Interactive Multimedia and Artificial Intelligence, 4(1), 26–30. http://dx.doi.org/10.9781/ijimai.2016.415
64. Yang JY, Wang JS, Chen YP (2008) Using acceleration measurements for activity recognition: An effective learning algorithm for constructing neural classifiers. Pattern Recognition Letters, 29(16), 2213–2220. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patrec.2008.08.002
65. Fallahpour S, Lakvan EN, Zadeh MH (2018) Using an ensemble classifier based on sequential floating forward selection for financial distress prediction problem. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 34, 159–167. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2016.10.002
66. Liang D, Tsai CF, Dai AJ, Eberle W (2018) A novel classifier ensemble approach for financial distress prediction. Knowledge and Information Systems, 54 (2), 437–462. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10115-017-1061-1
67. Jabeur SB, Fahmi Y (2018) Forecasting financial distress for French firms: a comparative study. Empirical Economics, 54(3), 1173–1186. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00181-017-1246-1
68. Amani FA, Fadlalla AM (2017) Data mining applications in accounting: A review of the literature and organizing framework. International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, 24(C), 32–58. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.accinf.2016.12.004