1. UNDP. UNDP support to the implementation of sustainable development goal 10: Reducing Inequalities within and among Countries. United Nations Development Programme, New York, USA. 2016. http://www.undp.org/content/dam/undp/library/Sustainable%20Development/10_Reducing_Inequality_Jan15_digital.pdf
2. World Health Organization. Equity [Webpage]. Accessed on May 21, 2019 at http://www.who.int/healthsystems/topics/equity/en/
3. EPA. Equitable Development and Environmental Justice. United States Environmental Protection Agency. Last updated Nov 8, 2018. www.epa.gov/environmentaljustice/equitable-development-and-environmental-justice.
4. United Nations. The Sustainable Development Agenda. Frequently Asked Questions [Webpage]. Accessed on May 21, 2019 at https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/development-agenda/
5. OECD. Evaluating Peacebuilding Activities in Settings of Conflict and Fragility: Improving Learning for Results, DAC Guidelines and References Series, OECD Publishing. 2012. http://dx.doi.org/10.1787/9789264106802-en
6. Doucouliagos H, Manning E. The Allocation of Development Aid Assistance: Do new donors have old motives?. School of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Deakin University; 2009 Jan 1.
7. Alesina A, Dollar D. Who gives foreign aid to whom and why?. Journal of economic growth. 2000 Mar 1;5(1):33–63.
8. Jones H. Equity in development: Why it is important and how to achieve it. Overseas development institute (ODI); 2009. https://www.odi.org/sites/odi.org.uk/files/odi-assets/publications-opinion-files/4577.pdf
9. O’Meara C. Scoping study of donor approaches to equity. Mimeo; 2008.
10. Joseph KT, Rice K, Li C. Integrating Equity in a Public Health Funding Strategy. Journal of public health management and practice: JPHMP. 2016 Jan;22(Suppl 1):S68.
11. Bermeo SB. Development and Strategy: Aid Allocation in an Interdependent World (September 22, 2010). SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=1681104 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.1681104
12. Habraken R, Schulpen L, Hoebink P. Putting promises into practice: The New Aid Architecture in Uganda. Development Policy Review. 2017 Nov 1;35(6):779–95.
13. World Bank. Agriculture: A Driver of Growth and Poverty Reduction [Webpage]. KAMPALA, September 20, 2016. Accessed on May 21, 2019 at http://www.worldbank.org/en/country/uganda/publication/uganda-poverty-assessment-agriculture-a-driver-of-growth-and-poverty-reduction
14. World Bank. The Uganda Poverty Assessment Report 2016. Farms, cities and good fortune: assessing poverty reduction in Uganda from 2006 to 2013. Accessed on May 21, 2019 at http://pubdocs.worldbank.org/en/381951474255092375/pdf/Uganda-Poverty-Assessment-Report-2016.pdf
15. Fukuda-Parr S. Reducing inequality–The missing MDG: A content review of PRSPs and bilateral donor policy statements. IDS Bulletin. 2010 Jan;41(1):26–35
16. Büscher K, Komujuni S, Ashaba I. Humanitarian urbanism in a post-conflict aid town: aid agencies and urbanization in Gulu, Northern Uganda. Journal of Eastern African Studies. 2018 Apr 3;12(2):348–66.
17. Gale NK, Heath G, Cameron E, Rashid S, Redwood S. Using the framework method for the analysis of qualitative data in multi-disciplinary health research. BMC medical research methodology. 2013 Dec;13(1):117.
18. Chi PC, Bulage P, Urdal H, Sundby J. A qualitative study exploring the determinants of maternal health service uptake in post-conflict Burundi and Northern Uganda. BMC pregnancy and childbirth. 2015 Dec;15(1):18.
19. Odokonyero T, Marty R, Muhumuza T, Ijjo AT, Owot Moses G. The impact of aid on health outcomes in Uganda. Health Econ. 2018 Apr;27(4):733–745. doi: 10.1002/hec.3632 Epub 2017 Dec 22. 29271088
20. Briggs RC. Does foreign aid target the poorest? International Organization. 2017;71(1):187–206.
21. Briggs RC. Leaving No One Behind? A New Test of Subnational Aid Targeting. Journal of International Development. 2018 Jul;30(5):904–10.
22. Briggs RC. Poor targeting: A gridded spatial analysis of the degree to which aid reaches the poor in Africa. World Development. 2018 Mar 31;103:133–48.
23. Ottersen T, Grépin KA, Henderson K, Pinkstaff CB, Norheim OF, Røttingen JA. New approaches to ranking countries for the allocation of development assistance for health: choices, indicators and implications. Health policy and planning. 2018 Feb 1;33(suppl_1):i31–46. doi: 10.1093/heapol/czx027 29415238