1. Anjum I, Alam N, Razzaque MA, Mehedi Hassan M, Alamri A. Traffic priority and load adaptive MAC protocol for QoS provisioning in body sensor networks. International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks. 2013;2013:1–9.
2. Yoon JS, Ahn G-S, Joo S-S, Lee MJ, editors. PNP-MAC: preemptive slot allocation and non-preemptive transmission for providing QoS in body area networks. 7th IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC 2010); 2010 09–12 January; Las Vegas, Nevada, USA: IEEE.
3. Pandit S, Sarker K, Razzaque MA, Sarkar AJ. An energy-efficient multiconstrained QoS aware MAC protocol for body sensor networks. Multimedia Tools and Applications. 2015;74(14):5353–74.
4. Rasheed MB, Javaid N, Imran M, Khan ZA, Qasim U, Vasilakos A. Delay and energy consumption analysis of priority guaranteed MAC protocol for wireless body area networks. Wireless Networks. 2017;23(4):1249–66. doi: 10.1007/s11276-016-1199-x
5. Zhou G, Lu J, Wan C-Y, Yarvis MD, Stankovic JA, editors. Bodyqos: Adaptive and radio-agnostic qos for body sensor networks. The 27th IEEE Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM); 2008 13–18 April; Phoenix, Arizona, USA: IEEE.
6. Kwak KS, Ullah S, editors. A traffic-adaptive MAC protocol for WBAN. IEEE GLOBECOM Workshops (GC Wkshps); 2010 06–10 December; Miami, Florida, USA: IEEE.
7. Silva K, Yuce M, Khan J, editors. A multiple access protocol for UWB wireless body area networks (WBANs) with narrowband feedback path. Proceedings of the 4th International Symposium on Applied Sciences in Biomedical and Communication Technologies; 2011 26–29 October Barcelona, Spain: ACM.
8. Kim B, Cho J, editors. A novel priority-based channel access algorithm for contention-based MAC Protocol in WBANs. Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Management and Communication (ICUIMC '12); 2012 20–22 February; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: ACM.
9. Mouzehkesh N, Zia T, Shafigh S, editors. Traffic aware fuzzy-tuned delay range for wireless body area networks medium access control protocol (MAC). IEEE 8th International Conference on Intelligent Sensors, Sensor Networks and Information Processing (ISSNIP); 2013 02–05 April; Melbourne, Australia: IEEE.
10. Yaghmaee MH, Bahalgardi NF, Adjeroh D. A prioritization based congestion control protocol for healthcare monitoring application in wireless sensor networks. Wireless personal communications. 2013;72(4):2605–31.
11. Kong R, Chen C, Yu W, Yang B, Guan X, editors. Data priority based slot allocation for Wireless Body Area Networks. International Conference on Wireless Communications & Signal Processing (WCSP); 2013 24–26 October; Hangzhou, China: IEEE.
12. Zhou J, Guo A, Xu J, Su S. An optimal fuzzy control medium access in wireless body area networks. Neurocomputing. 2014;142:107–14.
13. Misra S, Sarkar S. Priority-based time-slot allocation in wireless body area networks during medical emergency situations: An evolutionary game-theoretic perspective. IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics. 2015;19(2):541–8. doi: 10.1109/JBHI.2014.2313374 24686307
14. Ibarra E, Antonopoulos A, Kartsakli E, Verikoukis C. HEH-BMAC: Hybrid polling MAC protocol for WBANs operated by human energy harvesting. Telecommunication systems. 2015;58(2):111–24.
15. Ullah F, Abdullah AH, Kaiwartya O, Arshad MM. Traffic Priority-Aware Adaptive Slot Allocation for Medium Access Control Protocol in Wireless Body Area Network. Computers. 2017;6(1):9.
16. Monowar MM, Hassan MM, Bajaber F, Al-Hussein M, Alamri A. McMAC: Towards a MAC protocol with multi-constrained QoS provisioning for diverse traffic in wireless body area networks. Sensors. 2012;12(11):15599–627. monowar2012mcmac. doi: 10.3390/s121115599 23202224
17. Huq MA, Dutkiewicz E, Fang G, Liu RP, Vesilo R, editors. MEB MAC: Improved channel access scheme for medical emergency traffic in WBAN. International Symposium on Communications and Information Technologies (ISCIT); 2012 02–05 October; Gold Coast, Australia: IEEE.
18. Bhandari S, Moh S. A Priority-Based Adaptive MAC Protocol for Wireless Body Area Networks. Sensors. 2016;16(3):401–16. doi: 10.3390/s16030401 26999162
19. Ullah S, editor RFID-enabled MAC protocol for WBAN. IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC 2013); 2013 09–13 June; Budapest, Hungary: IEEE.
20. Muthulakshmi A, Shyamala K. Efficient patient care through wireless body area networks—enhanced technique for handling emergency situations with better quality of service. Wireless Personal Communications. 2017;95(4):3755–69.
21. Rezvani S, Ghorashi SA. Context aware and channel-based resource allocation for wireless body area networks. IET Wireless Sensor Systems. 2013;3(10):16–25. doi: 10.1049/iet-wss.2012.0100 Rezvani2013.
22. Xia F, Wang L, Zhang D, He D, Kong X. An adaptive MAC protocol for real-time and reliable communications in medical cyber-physical systems. Telecommunication Systems. 2015;58(2):125–38. xia2015adaptive.
23. Ullah S, Kwak KS. An ultra low-power and traffic-adaptive medium access control protocol for wireless body area network. Journal of medical systems. 2012;36(3):1021–30. doi: 10.1007/s10916-010-9564-2 20703634
24. Cao H, González-Valenzuela S, au>Leung V, editors. Employing IEEE 802.15.4 for quality of service provisioning in wireless body area sensor networks. 24th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA2010); 2010 20–23 April; Perth, Australia: IEEE.
25. Ali KA, Sarker JH, Mouftah HT, editors. Urgency-based MAC protocol for wireless sensor body area networks. IEEE International Conference on Communications Workshops (ICC2010) 2010 23–27 May; Cape Town, South Africa: IEEE.
26. Ali KA, Sarker JH, Mouftah HT, editors. A MAC protocol for cognitive wireless body area sensor networking. Proceedings of the 6th International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC '10); 2010 28 June—02 July; Caen, France: ACM.
27. Seo Y-S, Kim D-Y, Cho J, Lee B, editors. OCDP: a WBAN MAC protocol for contention-based medical and CE applications. Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Uniquitous Information Management and Communication (ICUIMC '10); 2010 14–15 January Suwon, Republic of Korea: ACM.
28. Hossain MU, Kalyan M, Rana MR, Rahman MO, editors. Multi-dimensional traffic adaptive energy-efficient MAC protocol for Wireless Body Area Networks. 9th International Forum on Strategic Technology (IFOST 2014); 2014 21–23 October; Chittagong, Bangladesh: IEEE.
29. Yu J, Park L, Park J, Cho S, Keum C. CoR-MAC: Contention over Reservation MAC Protocol for Time-Critical Services in Wireless Body Area Sensor Networks. Sensors. 2016;16(5):656–75.
30. Rahman MO, Hong CS, Lee S, Bang Y-C. ATLAS: A Traffic Load Aware Sensor MAC Design for Collaborative Body Area Sensor Networks. Sensors. 2011;11(12):11560–80. rahman2011atlas. doi: 10.3390/s111211560 22247681
31. Liu B, Yan Z, Chen CW. MAC protocol in wireless body area networks for e-Health: Challenges and a context-aware design. IEEE Wireless Communications. 2013;20(4):64–72. liu2013mac.
32. Marinković SJ, Popovici EM, Spagnol C, Faul S, Marnane WP. Energy-efficient low duty cycle MAC protocol for wireless body area networks. IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine. 2009;13(6):915–25. doi: 10.1109/TITB.2009.2033591 19846380
33. Li H, Tan J. Heartbeat-driven medium-access control for body sensor networks. IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine. 2010;14(1):44–51. doi: 10.1109/TITB.2009.2028136 Li2010. 19726272
34. Rezvani S, Ali Ghorashi S. A Novel WBAN MAC protocol with Improved Energy Consumption and Data Rate. KSII Transactions on Internet & Information Systems. 2012;6(9):2302–22.
35. Manzoor B, Javaid N, Bibi A, Khan Z, Tahir M, editors. Noise filtering, channel modeling and energy utilization in wireless body area networks. IEEE 14th International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communication & IEEE 9th International Conference on Embedded Software and Systems (HPCC-ICESS 2012); 2012 25–27 June; Liverpool, UK: IEEE.
36. Rahim A, Javaid N, Aslam M, Qasim U, Khan Z, editors. Adaptive-reliable medium access control protocol for wireless body area networks. 9th Annual IEEE Communications Society Conference on Sensor, Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks (SECON); 2012 18–21 June; Seoul, Korea IEEE.
37. Cai X, Yuan J, Yuan X, Zhu W, Li J, Li C, et al. Energy-efficient relay MAC with dynamic power control in wireless body area networks. KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems (TIIS). 2013;7(7):1547–68. cai2013energy.
38. Kim S, Lee J-H, Eom D-S. An adaptive beaconing MAC protocol providing energy-efficient healthcare service. Wireless personal communications. 2014;75(4):1915–36.
39. Maman M, Miras D, Ouvry L, editors. Implementation of a self-organizing, adaptive, flexible and ultra low-power MAC protocol for wireless Body Area Networks. IEEE 24th International Symposium on Personal Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC 2013); 2013 08–11 September; London, UK: IEEE.
40. Kirbas I, Karahan A, Sevin A, Bayilmis C. isMAC: An Adaptive and Energy-Efficient MAC Protocol Based on Multi-Channel Communication for Wireless Body Area Networks. TIIS. 2013;7(8):1805–24.
41. Javaid N, Ahmad a, Rahim a, Khan Za, M Ishfaq, Qasim U. Adaptive medium access control protocol for wireless body area networks. International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks. 2014;2014:10 pp. doi: 10.1155/2014/254397 Javaid2014.
42. Cai X, Li J, Yuan J, Zhu W, Wu Q. Energy-aware adaptive topology adjustment in wireless body area networks. Telecommunication Systems. 2015;58(2):139–52.
43. Ahmad A, Javaid N, Khan ZA, Imran M, Alnuem M, editors. iA-MAC: Improved adaptive medium access control protocol for wireless body area networks. 14th International Symposium on Communications and Information Technologies (ISCIT); 2014 24–26 September; Incheon, South Korea: IEEE.
44. Venkateswari R, Rani S, Meeravali S. A Robust MAC Protocol for Wireless Body sensor network. Journal of Scientific & Industrial Research. 2015;74:334–7.
45. Esteves V, Antonopoulos A, Kartsakli E, Puig-Vidal M, Miribel-Català P, Verikoukis C. Cooperative energy harvesting-adaptive MAC protocol for WBANs. Sensors. 2015;15(6):12635–50. doi: 10.3390/s150612635 26029950
46. Kim RH, Kim JG. Delay reduced MAC protocol for bio signal monitoring in the WBSN environment. Advanced Science and Technology Letters. 2015:42–6.
47. Shu M, Yuan D, Zhang C, Wang Y, Chen C. A MAC protocol for medical monitoring applications of wireless body area networks. Sensors. 2015;15(6):12906–31. doi: 10.3390/s150612906 26046596
48. Yu L, Guo L, Deng H, Lin K, Yu L, Gao W, et al., editors. Research on Continuous Vital Signs Monitoring Based on WBAN. International Conference on Smart Homes and Health Telematics; 2016 25–27 May; Cham: Springer.
49. Sailunaz K, Alhussein M, Shahiduzzaman M, Anowar F, Al Mamun KA. CMED: Cloud based medical system framework for rural health monitoring in developing countries. Computers & Electrical Engineering. 2016;53:469–81.
50. Hidalgo JA, Cajiao A, Hernández CM, López DM, Quintero VM. VISIGNET: a wireless body area network with cloud data storage for the telemonitoring of vital signs. Health and Technology. 2015;5(2):115–26.