1. Ferlay J, Soerjomataram I, Dikshit R, Eser S, Mathers C, Rebelo M, et al. Cancer incidence and mortality worldwide: sources, methods and major patterns in GLOBOCAN 2012. International journal of cancer. 2015 Mar 1;136(5):E359–86. doi: 10.1002/ijc.29210 25220842
2. Naku Ghartey Jnr F, Anyanful A, Eliason S, Mohammed Adamu S, Debrah S. Pattern of breast cancer distribution in ghana: a survey to enhance early detection, diagnosis, and treatment. International journal of breast cancer. 2016;2016.
3. Bray F, Ferlay J, Soerjomataram I, Siegel RL, Torre LA, Jemal A. Global cancer statistics 2018: GLOBOCAN estimates of incidence and mortality worldwide for 36 cancers in 185 countries. CA: a cancer journal for clinicians. 2018 Nov;68(6):394–424.
4. Ferlay J, Colombet M, Soerjomataram I, Mathers C, Parkin DM, Piñeros M, et al. Estimating the global cancer incidence and mortality in 2018: GLOBOCAN sources and methods. International journal of cancer. 2019 Apr 15;144(8):1941–53. doi: 10.1002/ijc.31937 30350310
5. Ameer K, Abdulie SM, Pal SK, Arebo K, Kassa GG. Breast cancer awareness and practice of breast self-examination among female medical students in Haramaya University, Harar, Ethiopia. Ethiopia. IJIMS. 2014;2(2):109–9.
6. Curado MP. Breast cancer in the world: incidence and mortality. Salud pública de México. 2011 Oct;53(5):372–84. 22218791
7. Pace LE, Shulman LN. Breast cancer in sub-Saharan Africa: challenges and opportunities to reduce mortality. The Oncologist. 2016 Jun 1;21(6):739–44. doi: 10.1634/theoncologist.2015-0429 27091419
8. Clegg-Lamptey JN, Hodasi WM. A study of breast cancer in Korle Bu Teaching Hospital: Assessing the impact of health education. Ghana medical journal. 2007;41(2).
9. Kelland L. Targeting the limitless replicative potential of cancer: the telomerase/telomere pathway. Clinical Cancer Research. 2007 Sep 1;13(17):4960–3. doi: 10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-07-0422 17785545
10. Lemlem SB, Sinishaw W, Hailu M, Abebe M, Aregay A. Assessment of knowledge of breast cancer and screening methods among nurses in university hospitals in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 2011. ISRN oncology. 2013 Aug 6;2013.
11. American Cancer Society. Breast Cancer; What is breast cancer? American Cancer Society, 2016: 1–127. https://doi.org/10.1002/9780470041000.cedt005
12. Azemfac K, Christie S, Carvalho MM, Nana T, Fonje AN, Halle-Ekane G, et al. A Community-Based Assessment of Knowledge and Practice of Breast Self-Examination and Prevalence of Breast Disease in Southwest Cameroon. Journal of cancer epidemiology. 2019;2019.
13. Gupta R, Gupta S, Mehrotra R, Sodhani P. Risk factors of breast cancer and breast self-examination in early detection: systematic review of awareness among Indian women in community and health care professionals. Journal of Public Health. 2019 Jan 4.
14. Ahuja S, Chakrabarti N. To determine the level of knowledge regarding breast cancer and to increase awareness about breast cancer screening practices among a group of women in a tertiary care hospital in Mumbai, India. Int J Public Health. 2010;1(1).
15. Oeffinger KC, Fontham ET, Etzioni R, Herzig A, Michaelson JS, Shih YC, et al. Breast cancer screening for women at average risk: 2015 guideline update from the American Cancer Society. Jama. 2015 Oct 20;314(15):1599–614. doi: 10.1001/jama.2015.12783 26501536
16. Casmir EC, Anyalewechi NE, Onyeka IS, Agwu AC, Regina NC. Knowledge and practice of breast self-examination among female undergraduates in south-eastern Nigeria. Health. 2015 Aug 27;7(09):1134.
17. Ayed A, Eqtait F, Harazneh L, Fashafsheh I, Nazzal S, Talahmeh B, et al. Breast Self-Examination in Terms of Knowledge, Attitude, and Practice among Nursing Students of Arab American University/Jenin. Journal of Education and Practice. 2015;6(4):37–47.
18. Taleghani F, Kianpour M, Tabatabaiyan M. Barriers to breast self-examination among Iranian women. Iranian journal of nursing and midwifery research. 2019 Mar;24(2):108. doi: 10.4103/ijnmr.IJNMR_94_18 30820221
19. Adetule YC. 81P Breast Self-Examination (BSE): A strategy for early detection of breast cancer in Nigeria. Annals of Oncology. 2016 Dec 1;27(suppl_9).
20. Oladimeji KE, Tsoka-Gwegweni JM, Igbodekwe FC, Twomey M, Akolo C, Balarabe HS, et al. Knowledge and beliefs of breast self-examination and breast cancer among market women in Ibadan, South West, Nigeria. PloS one. 2015 Nov 25;10(11):e0140904. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0140904 26606137
21. Dündar PE, Özmen D, Öztürk B, Haspolat G, Akyıldız F, Çoban S, et al. The knowledge and attitudes of breast self-examination and mammography in a group of women in a rural area in western Turkey. BMC cancer. 2006 Dec;6(1):43.
22. Mousavi SM, Montazeri A, Mohagheghi MA, Jarrahi AM, Harirchi I, Najafi M, et al. Breast cancer in Iran: an epidemiological review. The breast journal. 2007 Jul;13(4):383–91. doi: 10.1111/j.1524-4741.2007.00446.x 17593043
23. Al-Naggar RA, Al-Naggar DH, Bobryshev YV, Chen R, Assabri A. Practice and barriers toward breast self-examination among young Malaysian women. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2011 Jan 1;12(5):1173–8. 21875261
24. Gupta SK, Pal DK, Garg R, Tiwari R, Shrivastava AK, Bansal M. Impact of a health education intervention program regarding breast self examination by women in a semi-urban area of Madhya Pradesh, India. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2009 Jan 1;10(6):1113–7. 20192594
25. Manzoor A, Waqar SH, Janjua A, Shah SA. Breast Self-Examination Knowledge And Practice Among Newly Diagnosed Patients Of Carcinoma Breast. Journal of the Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecologists of Pakistan. 2018 Jan 16;7(3):137–4