1. Shaker RR, Sirodoev IG. Assessing sustainable development across Moldova using household and property composition indicators. Habitat International. 2016; 1–13. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.habitatint.2016.03.005
2. Yang B, Xu T, Shi LY. Analysis on sustainable urban development levels and trends in China’s cities. Journal of Cleaner Production. 2017; 141: 868–880. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2016.09.121
3. Pardo MC. Energy and sustainable development in cities: A case study of Bogota. Energy. 2015; 92: 612–621. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2015.02.003
4. Medved P. A contribution to the structural model of autonomous sustainable neighborhoods: new socio-economical basis for sustainable urban planning. Journal of Cleaner Production. 2016; 120: 21–30. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2016.01.091
5. Tao ZP. Eco-ucksack and eco-footprint. Beijing: Science Press. 2003.
6. Malthus TR. An essay on the principle of population. 1826. Translated by Zhou J, 2008. Beijing: Beijing Press.
7. Park RF, Burgess EW. An introduction to the science of sociology. Chicago: The University of Chicago Press. 1921.
8. Odum EP. Fundamentals of ecology. 1953, Philadelphia: Saunders WB.
9. Rees WE. Ecological footprints and appropriated carrying capacity: what urban economics leaves out. Environment & Urbanization. 1992; 4(2): 121–130. https://doi.org/10.1177/095624789200400212
10. Wackernagel M, Rees W. Our ecological footprint: reducing human impact on the earth. Gabriola Island, BC, Canada: New Society Publishers, 1998; 165.
11. Wang R, Cheng JH, Zhu YL, Xiong WW. Research on diversity of mineral resources carrying capacity in Chinese mining cities. Resources Policy. 2016; 47: 108–114. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resourpol.2015.12.003
12. Yu L, Lu YY, Huang W, Xu YQ. The significance and general approaches of climatic carrying capacity assessment. Chinses Journal of Urban and Environmental Studies. 2016; 4(1): 1650004. https://doi.org/10.1142/S2345748116500056
13. Lu Y, Xu HW, Wang YX, Yang Y. Evaluation of water environmental carrying capacity of city in Huaihe River Basin based on the AHP method: A case study in Huai’an City. Water Resources and Industry. 2017; 18: 1–77. https://doi.org/1016/j.wri.2017.10.001
14. Han J. Carrying capacity of low carbon tourism environment in coastal areas from the perspective of ecological efficiency. Journal of Coastal Research. 2018; S1(83): 199–203. https://doi.org/10.2112/SI83-031
15. Lin L, Liu Y, Chen JN, Zhang TZ, Zeng SY. Comparative analysis of environmental carrying capacity of the Bohai Sea Rim area in China. Journal of Environmental Monitoring. 2011; 13: 3178. https://doi.org/10.1039/clem10510h
16. Liu HM. Comprehensive carrying capacity of the urban agglomeration in the Yangtze River Delta, China. Habitat International. 2012; 36(4): 462–470. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.habitatint.2012.05.003
17. Yang JB, Ding H. A quantitative assessment of sustainable development based on relative resource carrying capacity in Jiangsu Province of China. International Journal Environmental Research and Public Health. 2018; 15: 2786. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph15122786
18. Li KY, Jin XL, Ma DX, Jiang PH. Evaluation of resource and environmental carrying capacity of China’s rapid-urbanization areas-a case study of Xinbei District, Changzhou. Land. 2019; 8: 69. https://doi.org/10.3390/land8040069
19. Wang WQ, Sun YH, Wu J. Environmental warning system based on the DPSIR model: a practical and concise method for environmental assessment. Sustainability. 2018; 10: 1728. https://doi.org/10.3390/su10061728
20. Dong W, Zhang X, Chi TH. Index system and evaluation method of resources and environment carrying capacity in principal function area division at provincial level. Journal of Geo-Information Science. 2011; 13(2): https://doi.org/177-183.1560-8999(2011)13:2<177:WGSJZT>2.0.TX;2-T
21. Yang J, Wang YC, Xiao XM, Jin C, Xia JC, Li X. Spatial differentiation of urban wind and thermal environment in different grid sizes. Urban Climate. 2019; 28: 1–13. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.uclim.2019.100458
22. Fan J. Draft of major function oriented zoning of China. Acta Geographica Sinica. 2015; 70(2): 186–201. https://doi.org/10.11821/dlxb201502002
23. Fan J, Sun W, Zhou K, Chen D. Major function oriented zone: new method of spatial regulation for reshaping regional development pattern in China. Chinese Geographical Science. 2012; 22(2): 196–209. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11769-012-0528-y
24. Li YH, Fan Q, Wang X, Xi JC, Wang SY, Yang J. Spatial and temporal differentiation of ecological vulnerability under the frequency of natural hazard based on SRP model: a case study in Chaoyang County. Scientia Geographica Sinica. 2015; 35(11): 1452–1459. https://doi.org/1000-0690(2015)35:11<1452:JYSMXD>2.0.TX;2-U
25. Zhuang DF, Liu JY. Study on the model of regional differentiation of land use degree in China. Journal of Natural Resources. 1997; 12(2): 105–111.
26. Peng L, Dong B, Wang P, Sheng SW, Sun L, Fang L, et al. Research on ecological risk assessment in land use model of Shengjin Lake in Anhui province, China. Environmental Geochemistry and health. 2019; https://doi.org/10.1007/s10653-019-00322-6
27. Cheng JY, Zhou K, Cheng D, Fan J. Evaluation and analysis of provincial differences in resources and environment carrying capacity in China. Chinese Geographical Science. 2016; 26(4): 539–549. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11769-015-0794-6
28. Han ZL, Li B, Zhang KL. Evaluation and spatial analysis of the equalization of basic public service in urban and rural areas in China. Geographical research. 2015; 34(11): 2035–2048. https://doi.org/1000-0585(2015)34:11<2035:ZGCXJB>2.0.TX;2-1
29. Liu RZ, Borthwick Alistair GL. Measurement and assessment of carrying capacity of the environment in Ningbo, China. Journal of Environmental Management. 2011; 92(8): 2047–2053. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2011.03.033 21507560
30. Pei H, Fang SF, Lin L, Qin ZH, Wang XY. Methods and applications for ecological vulnerability evaluation in a hyper-arid oasis: A case study of the Turpan Oasis, China. Environmental Earth Sciences. 2015; 74(2): 1449–1461. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12665-015-4134-z
31. Jin J, Wang Q. Assessing ecological vulnerability in western China based on time-integrated NDVI data. Journal of Arid Land. 2016; 8(4): 533–545. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40333-016-0048-1
32. Guo B, Fan YW, Yang F, Jiang L, Yang WN.; Chen ST, et al. Quantitative assessment model of ecological vulnerability of the Silk Road Economic Belt, China, utilizing remote sensing based on the partition-integration concept. Geomatics natural hazards & risk. 2019; 10(1): 1346–1366. https://doi.org/10.1080/19475705.2019.1568313
33. Xue LQ, Wang J, Zhang LC, Wei GH, Zhu BL. Spatiotemporal analysis of ecological vulnerability and management in the Tarim River Basin, China. Science of the Total Environment. 2019; 649: 876–888. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2018.08.321
34. Michel L, Claire de M. Biodiversity and ecosystem stability: a synthesis of underlying mechanisms. Ecology Letters. 2013; 16: 106–115. https://doi.org/10.1111/ele.12073
35. Peng J, Du Y, Liu YX, Hu XX. How to assess urban development potential in mountain areas? An approach of ecological carrying capacity in the view of coupled human and natural systems. Ecological indicators. 2016; 60: 1017–1030. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolind.2015.09.008
36. Cheng K, Fu Q, Cui S, Li TX, Pei W, Liu D, et al. Evaluation of the land carrying capacity of major grain-producing areas and the identification of risk factors. Natural Hazards. 2017; 86(1): 263–280. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11069-016-2686-137
37. Han BL, Wang RS, Tao Y, Gao H. Urban population agglomeration in view of complex ecological niche: a case study on Chinese prefecture cites. Ecological Indicators. 2014; 47(S1): 128–136. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolind.2014.08.002
38. Hu LJ, He ZY, Liu JP. Adaptive multi-scale population specialization model constrained by multiple factors: A case study of Russia. Cartographic Journal. 2017; 54(3): 265–282. https://doi.org/10.1080/00087041.2016.1193273
39. Zhang JJ, Zhu WB, Zhu LQ, Cui YP, He SS, Ren H. Topographical relief characteristics and its impact on population and economic case study of the mountainous area in western Henan, China. Journal of Geographical Sciences. 2019; 29(4): 598–612. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11442-D19-1617-y
40. Ye J, Xie QQ, Tan NY. National land spatial pattern distribution method based on ecological carrying capacity. Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Engineering. 2018; 33(11): 262–271. https://doi.org/1002-6819(2017)33:11<262:JYSTCZ>2.0.TX;2-H