1. An BY, Wang D, Liu XJ, Guan HM, Wei HX, Ren ZB. The effect of environmental factors in urban forests on blood pressure and heart rate in university students. J. For. Res. 2019; 24: 27–34.
2. Zhou CW, Yan LB, Yu LF, Wei HX, Guan HM, Shang CF, et al. Effect of Short-term Forest Bathing in Urban Parks on Perceived Anxiety of Young-adults: A Pilot Study in Guiyang, Southwest China. Chin. Geogr. Sci. 2019; 29: 139–150.
3. Allen KS, Harper RW, Bayer A, Brazee NJ. A review of nursery production systems and their influence on urban tree survival. Urban For. Urban Green. 2017; 21: 183–191.
4. Cregg B, Ellison D. Growth and establishment of container-grown London planetrees in response to mulch, root-ball treatment and fertilization. Urban For Urban Green. 2018; 35: 139–147.
5. Grossnickle SC, MacDonald JE. Why seedlings grow: influence of plant attributes. New For. 2018; 49: 1–34.
6. Grossnickle SC, MacDonald JE. Seedling Quality: History, Application, and Plant Attributes. Forests. 2018; 9: 23.
7. Timmer VR. Exponential nutrient loading: A new fertilization technique to improve seedling performance on competitive sites. New For. 1997; 13: 279–299.
8. Ao Y, Hirst PM, Li GL, Miao YH, Zhang RZ. Combined effects of provenance and slow-release fertilizer on nursery and field performance of yellowhorn seedlings. Silva Fenn. 2018; 52: 17.
9. Duan J, Xu CY, Jacobs DF, Ma LY, Wei HX, Jiang LN, et al. Exponential nutrient loading shortens the cultural period of Larix olgensis seedlings. Scand J Forest Res. 2013; 28: 409–418.
10. Wei HX, Xu CY, Ren J, Ma LY, Duan J, Jiang LN. Newly transplanted Larix olgensis Henry stock with greater root biomass has higher early nitrogen flux rate. Soil Sci Plant Nutr. 2013; 59: 740–749.
11. Wang Z, Zhao Y, Wei HX. Chitosan oligosaccharide addition affects current-year shoot of post-transplant Buddhist pine (Podocarpus macrophyllus) seedlings under contrasting photoperiods. iForest. 2017; 10: 715–721.
12. Wei HX, Guo P, Zheng HF, He XY, Wang PJ, Ren ZB, et al. Micro-scale heterogeneity in urban forest soils affects fine root foraging by ornamental seedlings of Buddhist pine and Northeast yew. Urban For. Urban Green. 2017; 28: 63–72.
13. Homyak PM, Allison SD, Huxman TE, Goulden ML, Treseder KK. Effects of Drought Manipulation on Soil Nitrogen Cycling: A Meta-Analysis. J. Geophys. Res.-Biogeosci. 2017; 122: 3260–3272.
14. Li XW, Chen QX, Lei HQ, Wang JW, Yang S, Wei HX. Nutrient Uptake and Utilization by Fragrant Rosewood (Dalbergia odorifera) Seedlings Cultured with Oligosaccharide Addition under Different Lighting Spectra. Forests. 2018; 9: 15.
15. Zhao Y, Wang Z, Wei HX, Bao YJ, Gu P. Effect of prolonged photoperiod on morphology, biomass accmulation and nutrient utilization in post transplantTaxus cuspidata seedlings. Pak. J. Bot. 2017; 49: 1285–1290.
16. Miyagi A, Uchimiya H, Kawai-Yamada M. Synergistic effects of light quality, carbon dioxide and nutrients on metabolite compositions of head lettuce under artificial growth conditions mimicking a plant factory. Food Chem. 2017; 218: 561–568. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2016.09.102 27719950
17. Folta KM. Breeding new varieties for controlled environments. Plant Biol. 2019; 21: 6–12. doi: 10.1111/plb.12914 30230154
18. Rabara RC, Behrman G, Timbol T, Rushton PJ. Effect of Spectral Quality of Monochromatic LED Lights on the Growth of Artichoke Seedlings. Front Plant Sci. 2017; 8: 9. doi: 10.3389/fpls.2017.00009
19. Zhu H, Zhao SJ, Yang JM, Meng LQ, Luo YQ, Hong B, et al. Growth, Nutrient Uptake, and Foliar Gas Exchange in Pepper Cultured with Un-composted Fresh Spent Mushroom Residue. Not. Bot. Horti. Agrobot. Cluj.-Na. 2019; 47: 227–236.
20. Hagemann N, Kammann CI, Schmidt HP, Kappler A, Behrens S. Nitrate capture and slow release in biochar amended compost and soil. PLoS One. 2017; 12: 16.
21. Bray RH, Kurtz LT. Determination of total, and available forms of phosphorus in soils. Soil Sci. 1945; 59: 39–45.
22. Wei HX, Zhao HT, Chen X. Foliar N:P Stoichiometry in Aralia elata Distributed on Different Slope Degrees. Not. Bot. Horti. Agrobot. Cluj.-Na. 2019; 47: 887–895.
23. Wang YJ, Wei HX, Ge LL, Sun NW, Wang T, Zhang QC, et al. Chitosan oligosaccharide addition modifies nutrient utilization in highly-valued ornamental tree seedlings. For. Environ. Sci. 2018; 34: 136–143.
24. Apostol KG, Dumroese RK, Pinto JR, Davis AS. Response of conifer species from three latitudinal populations to light spectra generated by light-emitting diodes and high-pressure sodium lamps. Can. J. For. Res. 2015; 45: 1711–1719.
25. Wei HX, Ren J, Zhou JH. Effect of exponential fertilization on growth and nutritional status in Buddhist pine (Podocarpus macrophyllus Thunb. D. Don) seedlings cultured in natural and prolonged photoperiods. Soil Sci. Plant Nutr. 2013; 59: 933–941.
26. Wei HX, Guo P. Carbohydrate metabolism during new root growth in transplanted Larix olgensis seedlings: post-transplant response to nursery-applied inorganic fertilizer and organic amendment. iForest. 2017; 10: 15–22.
27. Salifu KF, Timmer VR. Optimizing nitrogen loading of Picea mariana seedlings during nursery culture. Can. J. For. Res. 2003; 33: 1287–1294.
28. Salifu KF, Jacobs DF. Characterizing fertility targets and multi-element interactions in nursery culture of Quercus rubra seedlings. Ann. For. Sci. 2006; 63: 231–237.
29. Uscola M, Salifu KF, Oliet JA, Jacobs DF. An exponential fertilization dose-response model to promote restoration of the Mediterranean oak Quercus ilex. New For. 2015; 46: 795–812.
30. Wang L, Yan Z, Li J, Wang J, He Q, Su Y, et al. Effects of exponential fertilization on biomass allocation and root morphology of Catalpa bungei clones. Acta Ecologica Sinica. 2012; 32: 7452–7462.
31. Wang GL, Liu F, Xue S. Nitrogen addition enhanced water uptake by affecting fine root morphology and coarse root anatomy of Chinese pine seedlings. Plant Soil. 2017; 418: 177–189.
32. Vandendriessche R. Predicion of mineral nutrient status of trees by foliar analysis. Bot. Rev. 1974; 40: 347–394.
33. Salifu KF, Jacobs DF, Birge ZKD. Nursery Nitrogen Loading Improves Field Performance of Bareroot Oak Seedlings Planted on Abandoned Mine Lands. Restor. Ecol. 2009; 17: 339–349.
34. Reich PB, Walters MB, Tjoelker MG, Vanderklein D, Buschena C. Photosynthesis and respiration rates depend on leaf and root morphology and nitrogen concentration in nine boreal tree species differing in relative growth rate. Funct. Ecol. 1998; 12: 395–405.
35. McDowell N, Barnard H, Bond BJ, Hinckley T, Hubbard RM, Ishii H, et al. The relationship between tree height and leaf area: sapwood area ratio. Oecologia 2002; 132: 12–20. doi: 10.1007/s00442-002-0904-x 28547290
36. Wright IJ, Reich PB, Westoby M. Strategy shifts in leaf physiology, structure and nutrient content between species of high- and low-rainfall and high- and low-nutrient habitats. Funct. Ecol. 2001; 15: 423–434.
37. Wang Z, Ma LY, Jia ZK, Wei HX, Duan J. Interactive effects of irrigation and exponential fertilization on nutritional characteristics in Populus x euramericana cv. '74/76' cuttings in an open-air nursery in Beijing, China. J. Forestry Res. 2016; 27: 569–582.
38. Brown KR. Effects of phosphorus additions on growth, mineral nutrition, and gas exchange of red alder (Alnus rubra) seedlings grown in outdoor sandbeds. West J. Appl. For. 2002; 17: 209–215.
39. Davis AS, Jacobs DF. Quantifying root system quality of nursery seedlings and relationship to outplanting performance. New For. 2005; 30: 295–311.
40. Comas LH, Bouma TJ, Eissenstat DM. Linking root traits to potential growth rate in six temperate tree species. Oecologia. 2002; 132: 34–43. doi: 10.1007/s00442-002-0922-8 28547288
41. Comas LH, Eissenstat DM. Linking fine root traits to maximum potential growth rate among 11 mature temperate tree species. Funct Ecol. 2004; 18: 388–397.