1. World Health Organization (WHO). WHO report 2018: The top ten causes of death. Geneva: WHO. 2018. Available from: http://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/the-top-10-causes-of-death. Cited: 24 May 2018.
2. World Health Organization (WHO). Global tuberculosis report 2014. Geneva: WHO. 2014. Available from: http://www.who.int/tb/publications/global_report/gtbr14_executive_summary.pdf. Accessed on: 8 July 2016.
3. Harries A, Maher D, Raviglione M, Nunn P, Praag E Van. TB/HIV a clinical manual. 2004. 1–212.
4. Ministry of Health of Ethiopia (MOH) and Ethiopian Health and Nutrition Research Institute (EPHI). First Ethiopian national population based tuberculosis prevalence survey. EPHI. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. 2012.
5. The Ethiopian Human Rights Commission. Human rights protection monitoring in Ethiopian prisons primary report. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. 2012. Available from: http://www.ehrc.org.et/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=1uE7TO6QzbQ%3D&tabid=117. Accessed on: 15 March 2014.
6. Baussano I, Williams BG, Nunn P, Beggiato M, Fedeli U, Scano F. Tuberculosis incidence in prisons: a systematic review. PLoS Med 2010; 7(12).
7. Habeenzu C, Mitarai S, Lubasi D, Mudenda V, Kantenga T, Mwansa J, et al. Tuberculosis and multidrug resistance in Zambian prisons, 2000–2001. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2007; 11: 1216–20. 17958984
8. Noeske J, Ndi N, Mbondi S. Controlling tuberculosis in prisons against confinement conditions: a lost case? Experience from Cameroon. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2011: 223–27. 21219685
9. Tuberculosis Coalition for Technical Assistance and International Committee of the Red Cross. Guidelines for control of tuberculosis in prisons. 2009. Available from: file:///C:/Users/GOD%20with%20us/Downloads/GuidelinesforControlofTBinPrisons.pdf. Accessed on: 17 September 2017.
10. United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC). United nations office on drugs and crime HIV/AIDS prevention, care, treatment and support in prison settings: a framework for an effective national response. 2006. Available from: https://www.unodc.org/pdf/HIV-AIDS_prisons_July06.pdf. Accessed on: 28 March 2018.
11. Abebe DS, Bjune G, Ameni G, Biffa D, Abebe F. Prevalence of pulmonary tuberculosis and associated risk factors in eastern Ethiopian prisons. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2011;15: 668–673. doi: 10.5588/ijtld.10.0363 21756520
12. Banda HT, Gausi F, Harries AD, Salaniponi FM, Prevalence of smear-positive pulmonary tuberculosis among prisoners in Malawi: a national survey. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2009;13(12):1557–1559. 19919776
13. World Health Organization (WHO). Systematic screening for active tuberculosis: principles and recommendations. 2013. Available from: http://www.who.int/tb/publications/Final_TB_Screening_guidelines.pdf. Accessed on: 22 March 2016.
14. Ministry of Health of Ethiopia. Guidelines for clinical and programmatic management of TB, leprosy and TB/HIV in Ethiopia. 5th ed. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. April 2012.
15. Zerihun Z, Girmay M, Adane W, Gobena A. Prevalence of pulmonary tuberculosis and associated risk factors in prisons of Gamo Goffa zone, south Ethiopia: a cross-sectional study. American Journal of Health Research. 2014; 2:291–97.
16. Ali S, Haileamlak A, Wieser A, Pritsch M, Heinrich N, Loscher T, et al. Prevalence of pulmonary tuberculosis among prison inmates in Ethiopia, a cross-sectional study. PLoS ONE. 2015;10.
17. Bayu B, Abera BM, Tegene L. Prevalence of pulmonary tuberculosis and associated factors among prisoners in Wolaita zone, southern Ethiopia: cross-sectional study. American Journal of Public Health Research. 2016;4:142–48.
18. Moges B, Amare B, Asfaw F, Tesfaye W, Tiruneh M, Belayhun Y, et al. Prevalence of smear positive pulmonary tuberculosis among prisoners in north Gondar zone prison, northwest Ethiopia. BMC Infectious Diseases. 2012;12:352. doi: 10.1186/1471-2334-12-352 23241368
19. Mauricio H, Paul B, Manuel N, Aguilera X. Modeling the spread of tuberculosis in semiclosed communities. Comput Math Methods Med. 2013;648291. doi: 10.1155/2013/648291 23762194
20. Fares A. Seasonality of Tuberculosis. Journal of Global Infectious Diseases. 2011;3(1):46–55. doi: 10.4103/0974-777X.77296 21572609
21. World Health Organization (WHO). Tuberculosis in prisons. Available from: http://www.who.int/tb/areas-of-work/population-groups/prisons-facts/en/. Accessed on: 30 December 2017.
22. World Health Organization (WHO). Global tuberculosis report 2017. Geneva. 2017. Available from: http://www.who.int/tb/publications/global_report/gtbr2017_main_text.pdf?ua=1. Accessed on: 12 April 2018.
23. Zeka Arzu N., Sezai Tasbakan, Cengiz Cavusoglu. Evaluation of the GeneXpert MTB/RIF Assay for Rapid Diagnosis of Tuberculosis and Detection of Rifampin Resistance in Pulmonary and Extrapulmonary Specimens. Journal of Clinical Microbiology, Dec. 2011, p. 4138–4141. Vol. 49, No. 12. A Available from: https://jcm.asm.org/content/jcm/49/12/4138.full.pdf. Accessed on: 6 October 2019. doi: 10.1128/JCM.05434-11 21956978
24. Grace Moraa Orina, Samson Adoka Ong'wen, Asito Stephen Amolo and Ondimu Thomas Orindi*Comparative Study of Smear Microscopy, Gene Xpert and Culture and Sensitivity Assays in Detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis on Sputum Samples among Tuberculosis Suspected Cases in Nyamira County Referral Hospital. Mycobact Dis 2017, 7:3.
25. Shi Jin, Dong Wenzhu, Ma Yifeng, Liang Qian, Shang Yuanyuan, Wang Fen, et al. GeneXpert MTB/RIF Outperforms Mycobacterial Culture in Detecting Mycobacterium tuberculosis from Salivary Sputum. BioMed Research International, Volume 2018.
26. Havlir DV, Getahun H, Sanne I, Nunn, P Opportunities and challenges for HIV care in overlapping HIV and TB epidemics. JAMA. 2008;300(4):423–430. doi: 10.1001/jama.300.4.423 18647985
27. Candice KK, Joel DE. HIV and Tuberculosis: a Deadly Human Syndemic. Clinical Microbiology Reviews. Apr. 2011; 24(2).351–376. doi: 10.1128/CMR.00042-10 21482729
28. World Health Organization (WHO). Global tuberculosis report 2017. Geneva. 2017. Available from: http://www.who.int/tb/publications/global_report/gtbr2017_main_text.pdf?ua=1. Accessed on: 12 April 2018.
29. The World Bank. World bank HIV stastistics. The world bank group. 2018. Available from: https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.HIV.ARTC.ZS. Accessed on: 28 April 2018.
30. Jee Sun Ha, Golub Jonathan E., Jo Jaeseong, Park Il Su, Ohrr Heechoul and Samet Jonathan M. Smoking and Risk of Tuberculosis Incidence, Mortality, and Recurrence in South Korean Men and Women. Am J Epidemiol. 2009 Dec 15; 170(12): 1478–1485. doi: 10.1093/aje/kwp308 19917554
31. Hassmiller KM. The association between smoking and tuberculosis. Salud Publica Mex. 2006; 48 Suppl 1:S201–16.