1. Zatsiorsky VM. Intensity of strength training facts and theory: Russian and Eastern European approach. National Strength and Conditioning Association Journal. 1992;14: 46–57.
2. Storey A, Smith HK. Unique aspects of competitive weightlifting performance, training and physiology. Sports Med. 2012;42: 769–790. doi: 10.2165/11633000-000000000-00000 22873835
3. Drechsler A. The weightlifting encyclopedia: A guide to world class performance. 1st ed. Flushing: A is A Communications; 1998.
4. Hass CJ, Garzarella L, De Hoyos D, Pollock ML. Single versus multiple sets in long-term recreational weightlifters. Med Sci Sport Exerc. 2000;32: 235–242.
5. Hoffman J, Cooper J, Wendell M, Kang J. Comparison of Olympic vs. traditional power lifting training programs in football players. J Strength Cond Res. 2004;18129–135.
6. Lauder MA, Lake JP. Biomechanical comparison of unilateral and bilateral power snatch lifts. J Strength Cond Res. 2008;22: 653–660. doi: 10.1519/JSC.0b013e3181660c89 18438258
7. Ratamess NA, Alvar BA, Evetoch TK, Housh TJ, Kibler WB, Kraemer WJ, Triplett NT. Progression models in resistance training for healthy adults. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2009;41: 687–707. doi: 10.1249/MSS.0b013e3181915670
8. Winchester JB, Porter JM, McBride JM. Changes in bar path kinematics and kinetics through use of summary feedback in power snatch training. J Strength Cond Res. 2009;23: 444–454. doi: 10.1519/JSC.0b013e318198fc73 19209074
9. Haff GG, Nimphius S. Training principles for power. Strength Cond J. 2012;34: 2–12.
10. Holmberg PM. Weightlifting to improve volleyball performance. Strength Cond J. 2013;35: 79–88.
11. Suchomel TJ, Comfort P, Stone MH. Weightlifting pulling derivatives: Rationale for implementation and application. Sports Med. 2015;45: 823–839. doi: 10.1007/s40279-015-0314-y 25689955
12. James LP, Haff GG, Kelly VG, Connick MJ, Hoffman BW., Beckman EM. The impact of strength level on adaptations to combined weightlifting, plyometric, and ballistic training. Scand J Med Sci Sports. 2018;28: 1494–1505. doi: 10.1111/sms.13045 29281133
13. Waryasz G, Suric V, Daniels AH, Gil JA, Eberson CP. CrossFit instructor demographics and practice trends. Orthop Rev. 2016;8: doi: 10.4081/or.2016.6571
14. Smith MM, Sommer AJ, Starkoff BE, Devor ST. Crossfit-based high-intensity power training improves maximal aerobic fitness and body composition. J Strength Cond Res. 2013;27: 3159–3172. doi: 10.1519/JSC.0b013e318289e59f 23439334
15. Bartonietz KE. Biomechanics of the snatch: Toward a higher training efficiency. Strength Cond J. (1996);18: 24–31.
16. Waller M, Townsend R, Gattone M. Application of the power snatch for athletic conditioning. Strength Cond J. 2007;29: 10–20.
17. Cormie P, McGuigan MR, Newton RU. Developing maximal neuromuscular power. Part 2 –training considerations for improving maximal power production. Sports Med. (2011);41: 125–146. doi: 10.2165/11538500-000000000-00000 21244105
18. Garhammer J. A review of power output studies of Olympic and powerlifting: methodology, performance, prediction, an evaluation tests. Strength Cond 1993;7: 76–89.
19. Ayers JL, DeBeliso M, Sevene TG, Adams KJ. Hang cleans and hang snatches produce similar improvements in female collegiate athletes. Biol Sport. 2016;33: 251–256.4 doi: 10.5604/20831862.1201814 27601779
20. Hedrick A, Wada H. Weightlifting movements: Do the benefits outweigh the risks? Strength Cond J. 2008;30: 26–35.
21. Poletaev P, Cervera V, Coach W. The Russian approach to planning a weightlifting program. Strength Cond 1995;17: 20–6.
22. Canavan PK, Garrett GE, Armstrong LE. Kinematic and kinetic relationships between an Olympic-style lift and the vertical jump. J Strength Cond Res. 1996;10: 127–130.
23. Stone MH, Sanborn K, O’Bryant HS, Hartman M, Stone ME, Proulx C, Ward B, Hruby J. Maximum strength-power performance relationships in collegiate throwers. J. Strength Cond Res. 2003;17: 739–745. doi: 10.1519/1533-4287(2003)017<0739:msrict>2.0.co;2 14636111
24. Szyszka P, Jaszczuk J, Sacharuk J, Parnicki F, Czaplicki A. Relationship between muscle torque and performance in special and specific exercises in young weightlifters. Pol J Sport Tourism 22: 2016;23: 127–132.
25. Jaszczuk J, Wit A, Trzaskoma Z, Iskra L, Gajewski J. Biomechanical criteria of muscle force evaluation in the aspect of top-level athletes selection. Biol Sport. 1988;5: 51–64.
26. Cieśliński M, Jówko E, Sacewicz T, Cieśliński I, Płaszewski M. Low-level laser therapy and the recovery of muscle function after a single session of neuromuscular electrical stimulation: A crossover trial. Pol J Sport Tourism. 2018;25: 3–9.
27. Czaplicki A, Śliwa M, Szyszka P, Sadowski J. Biomechanical assessment of strength and jumping ability in male volleyball players during the annual training macrocycle. Pol. J Sport Tourism. 2017;24: 221–227.
28. Bliese PD, Ployhart RE. Growth modelling using random coefficient models: Model building, testing and illustrations. Organ Res Methods. 2002;5: 362–387.
29. Shek DTL, Ma CMS. Longitudinal data analysis using linear mixed models in SPSS: Concepts, procedures and illustrations. Sci World J. 2011;11: 42–76.
30. Bates DM, Mäechler M, Bolker B, Walker S. Fitting linear mixed-effects models using lme4. J Stat Softw. 2015;67: 1–48.
31. Ntoumanis A, Stenling A, Thøgersen-Ntoumani C, Vlachopoulos S, Lindwall M, Gucciardi DF, Tsakonitis C. Longitudinal associations between exercise identity and exercise motivation: A multilevel growth curve model approach. Scand J Med Sci Sports. 2017;28: 746–753. doi: 10.1111/sms.12951 28742272
32. Kuznetsova A, Brockhoff PB, Christensen RHB. lmerTest package: Tests in linear mixed effects models. J Stat Softw. 2017;82: doi: 10.18637/jss.v082.i02
33. Raudenbush SW, Bryk AS. Hierarchical linear models: Applications and data analysis methods. 2nd ed. Thousand Oakes: Sage; 2002.
34. Singer JD, Willet JB. Applied longitudinal data analysis. 1st ed. New York: Oxford Press; 2003.
35. Lee S, DeRosia KD, Lamie LM. Evaluating the contribution of lower extremity kinetics to whole body power output during the power snatch. Sport Biomech. 2018;17: 554–566.
36. Lee S, DeRosia KD, Lamie LM. Determining the best combination of ground reaction force parameters for maximising power during the power snatch. Int J Perf Anal Spor. 2019;19: 313–322.
37. Urso A. Weightlifting. Sport for all sports. 1st ed. Torgiano: Tipografia Mancini; 2013.
38. DeWeese BH, Serrano AJ, Scruggs SK, Burton JD. The midthigh pull: Proper application and progressions of a weightlifting movement derivative. Strength Cond J. 2013;35: 54–58.