1. Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS). UNAIDS Data 2018. 2018 [Available from: https://www.unaids.org/en/resources/documents/2018/unaids-data-2018].
2. National AIDS and STI Control Programme (NASCOP), Kenya Ministry of Health. Kenya HIV Estimates Report 2018. 2019 [Available from: https://nacc.or.ke/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/HIV-estimates-report-Kenya-20182.pdf].
3. Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS). 90-90-90: An ambitious treatment target to help end the AIDS epidemic. 2014 [Available from: http://www.unaids.org/en/resources/documents/2017/90-90-90].
4. National AIDS and STI Control Programme (NASCOP) Kenya Ministry of Health. National ACT Dashboard 2019 [Available from: http://www.nascop.or.ke/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/National-ACT-Dashboard-1.xlsx].
5. Kenya Ministry of Health. Kenya Health Information System (KHIS) for Aggregate reporting. 2019 [Available from: https://hiskenya.org].
6. National AIDS and STI Control Programme (NASCOP), Kenya Ministry of Health. The Kenya HIV Testing Services Guidelines 2015. 2015 [Available from: https://aidsfree.usaid.gov/sites/default/files/hts_policy_kenya_2015.pdf].
7. Borgdorff MW, Kwaro D, Obor D, Otieno G, Kamire V, Odongo F, et al. HIV incidence in western Kenya during scale-up of antiretroviral therapy and voluntary medical male circumcision: a population-based cohort analysis. The Lancet HIV. 2018;5(5):e241–e9. doi: 10.1016/S2352-3018(18)30025-0 29650451
8. World Health Organization (WHO). Guidance on provider-initiated HIV testing and counselling in health facilities. 2007 [Available from: https://www.who.int/hiv/pub/vct/pitc/en/].
9. Cherutich P, Farquhar C, Wamuti B, Otieno FA, Ng'ang'a A, Mutiti PM, et al. HIV partner services in Kenya: a cost and budget impact analysis study. BMC Health Serv Res. 2018;18(1):721. doi: 10.1186/s12913-018-3530-y 30223833
10. Bautista-Arredondo S, Sosa-Rubi SG, Opuni M, Contreras-Loya D, Kwan A, Chaumont C, et al. Costs along the service cascades for HIV testing and counselling and prevention of mother-to-child transmission. AIDS. 2016;30(16):2495–504. doi: 10.1097/QAD.0000000000001208 27753679
11. Galarraga O, Wamai RG, Sosa-Rubi SG, Mugo MG, Contreras-Loya D, Bautista-Arredondo S, et al. HIV prevention costs and their predictors: evidence from the ORPHEA Project in Kenya. Health Policy Plan. 2017;32(10):1407–16. doi: 10.1093/heapol/czx121 29029086
12. Vermund SH, Hansoti B, Stead D, Parrish A, Reynolds SJ, Redd AD, et al. HIV testing in a South African Emergency Department: A missed opportunity. Plos One. 2018;13(3).
13. Nakanjako D, Kamya M, Daniel K, Mayanja-Kizza H, Freers J, Whalen C, et al. Acceptance of routine testing for HIV among adult patients at the medical emergency unit at a national referral hospital in Kampala, Uganda. AIDS Behav. 2007;11(5):753–8. doi: 10.1007/s10461-006-9180-9 17096199
14. Bridge R, Lin J. Factors associated with receiving an HIV test among patients admitted through the emergency unit at a Kenyan referral hospital. Int J STD AIDS. 2018;29(1):23–9. doi: 10.1177/0956462417715131 28669321
15. Wanyenze R. Acceptability of routine HIV counselling and testing, and HIV seroprevalence in Ugandan hospitals. Bulletin of the World Health Organization. 2008;86(4):302–9. doi: 10.2471/BLT.07.042580 18438519
16. Wanyenze R, Kamya M, Liechty CA, Ronald A, Guzman DJ, Wabwire-Mangen F, et al. HIV counseling and testing practices at an urban hospital in Kampala, Uganda. AIDS Behav. 2006;10(4):361–7. doi: 10.1007/s10461-005-9035-9 16395619
17. Kim AA, Mukui I, Young PW, Mirjahangir J, Mwanyumba S, Wamicwe J, et al. Undisclosed HIV infection and antiretroviral therapy use in the Kenya AIDS indicator survey 2012: relevance to national targets for HIV diagnosis and treatment. AIDS. 2016;30(17):2685–95. doi: 10.1097/QAD.0000000000001227 27782965
18. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). Kenya Country Operational Plan (COP/ROP) 2018; Strategic Direction Summary April, 2018 [Available from: https://www.pepfar.gov/documents/organization/285861.pdf].
19. World Health Organization (WHO). Guidelines on HIV Self-Testing and Partner Notification: Supplement to Consolidated Guidelines on HIV Testing Services. 2016. [Available from: http://www.who.int/hiv/pub/vct/hiv-self-testing-guidelines/en/.]
20. National AIDS and STI Control Programme (NASCOP) KMoH. Key Population Mapping and Size Estimation in Selected Counties in Kenya: Phase 1. April 2019 (in press).