1. Montgomery DC. Introduction to Statistical Quality Control. 6th Edition, Wiley, New York; 2009.
2. Shewhart WA. Economic Control of Quality Manufactured Product. Van Nostrand, New York, 1931. (reprinted by the American Society for Quality Control in 1980, Milwauker, WI).
3. Page ES. Continuous inspection schemes. Biometrika. 1931; 41: 100–115.
4. Roberts SW. Control chart tests based on geometric moving averages. Technometrics. 1959; 3: 239–250.
5. Chakraborti S, Van der Lann, Bakir ST. Nonparametric control charts: An overview and some results. Journal of Quality Technology. 2001; 33: 304–315.
6. Hoboken NJ, Coehlo MLI, Graham MA, Chakraborti S. Nonparametric signed-rank control charts with variable sampling intervals. Quality and Reliability Engineering International. 2017; 33: 2181–2192.
7. Mukherjee A. Sen R. Optimal design of Shewhart-Lepage type schemes and its application in monitoring service quality. European Journal of Operational Research. 2018; 266: 147–167.
8. Triantafyllou IS. Nonparametric control charts based on order statistics: some advances. Communication in Statistics: Simulation and Computation. 2018; 47: 2684–2702.
9. Qiu P. Some perspectives on nonparametric statistical process control. Journal of Quality Technology. 2018; 50: 49–65.
10. Koutras MV, Triantafyllou IS. A general class of nonparametric control charts, Quality and Reliability Engineering International. 2018; 34: 427–435.
11. Abid M, Nazir HZ, Tahir M, Riaz M. On designing a new cumulative sum Wilcoxon signed for monitoring process location. PLOS ONE. 2018; 13: e0195762. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0195762 29664919
12. Li C, Mukherjee A. Su Q. A distribution-free Phase I monitoring scheme for subgroup location and scale based on the multi-sample Lepage statistic. Computers and Industrial Engineering. 2019; 129: 259–273.
13. Triantafyllou IS. A new distribution-free control scheme based on order statistics. Journal of Nonparametric Statistics. 2019 31: 1–30.
14. Chakraborti S, Graham MA. Nonparametric Statistical Process Control. John Wiley and Sons, 2019.
15. Croasdale R. Control charts for a double-sampling scheme based on average production run lengths. International Journal of Production Research. 1974; 12: 585–592.
16. Al-Omari AI, Bouza CN. Review of ranked set sampling: modifications and applications. Revista Investigación Operacional. 2014; 3: 215–240.
17. Haq A.; Brown J.; Moltchanova E. New synthetic EWMA and synthetic CUSUM control charts for monitoring the process mean. Quality and Reliability Engineering International. 2016; 32: 269–290.
18. Aslam M, Azam M, Jun C-H. A mixed repetitive sampling plan based on process capability index. Applied Mathematical Modelling. 2013; 37: 10027–10035.
19. Aslam M, Azam M, Jun C-H. A new exponentially weighted moving average sign chart using repetitive sampling. Journal of Process Control. 2014; 24: 1149–1153.
20. Lee LY, Khoo MBC, Teh SY, Lee MH. A variable sampling interval synthetic Xbar chart for the process mean. PLOS ONE. 2015; 10: e0126331. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0126331 25951141
21. Yue J, Liu L. Multivariate nonparametric control chart with variable sampling interval. Applied Mathematical Modelling. 2017; 52: 603–612.
22. Balamurali S, Jun C-H. Repetitive group sampling procedure for variables inspection. Journal of Applied Statistics. 2006; 33: 327–338.
23. Wald A. Sequential Analysis of Statistical Data: Theory. Statistical Research Group, Columbia University. 1943.
24. Yang SF, Lin JS, Cheng SW. A new non-parametric EWMA sign control chart. Expert Systems with Applications. 2011; 38: 6239–6243.
25. Yang SF, Cheng SW. A new non-parametric CUSUM mean chart. Quality and Reliability Engineering International. 2010; 27: 867–875.
26. Koti KM, Babu GJ. Sign test for ranked-set sampling. Communication in Statistics Theory and Methods. 1996; 25: 1617–1630.
27. Abbasi SA. A new nonparametric EWMA sign control chart. Expert Systems with Applications. 2012; 39: 8503.
28. Dyer JN. Monte Carlo simulation design for evaluating normal-based control chart properties. Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods. 2016; 15: 580–626.
29. Riaz M, Khaliq Q-U-A, Gul S. Mixed Tukey EWMA-CUSUM control chart and its applications. Quality Technology and Quantitative Management. 2017; 14: 378–411.