1. Ministry of Civil Affairs of the People's Republic of China. The fourth sampling survey of the living conditions of the elderly in urban and rural areas in China. Beijing. 2016.
2. National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China. The Statistical Bulletin on National Ecominic and Social Development. Beijing. 2014.
3. National Health Commission of the People's Repulic of China. Report on the family development in China. Beijing. 2015.
4. Zeng Y. Towards Deeper Research and Better Policy for Healthy Aging—Using the Unique Data of Chinese Longitudinal Healthy Longevity Survey. China economic journal. 2012;5(2–3):131–49. doi: 10.1080/17538963.2013.764677 24443653; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3893304.
5. Xing Y, Pei R, Qu J, Wang J, Zhou H, Wang Z, et al. Urban-rural differences in factors associated with willingness to receive eldercare among the elderly: a cross-sectional survey in China. BMJ open. 2018;8(5):e020225. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2017-020225 29858413; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5988108.
6. Huang XL, Chen W. Analysis on Influential Factors of the Preference for Old-ageSupport among Elder People in Urban and Rural Areas of Xiamen. Chinese journeyof health statistics. 2017;34(1):729–32 (in Chinese).
7. Ministry of Civil Affairs of the People's Republic of China. the Five Guarantees Granted to Farmers. Beijing. 2006.
8. Chen L, Han WJ. Shanghai: Front-Runner of Community-Based Eldercare in China. J Aging Soc Policy. 2016;28(4):292–307. doi: 10.1080/08959420.2016.1151310 26909666.
9. Keimig R. Engaging Experts: Expanding Participation and Enhancing Research in Chinese Eldercare Institutions. J Aging Soc Policy. 2017;29(5):461–74. doi: 10.1080/08959420.2017.1364082 28786771.
10. Luo M, Xue Y, Zhang S, Dong Y, Mo D, Dong W, et al. What factors influence older people's intention to enrol in nursing homes? A cross-sectional observational study in Shanghai, China. BMJ open. 2018;8(9):e021741. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2018-021741 30185570; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6129045.
11. Zhan HJ, Liu G, Guan X, Bai HG. Recent developments in institutional elder care in China: changing concepts and attitudes. J Aging Soc Policy. 2006;18(2):85–108. doi: 10.1300/J031v18n02_06 16837403.
12. Martikainen P, Moustgaard H, Murphy M, Einio EK, Koskinen S, Martelin T, et al. Gender, living arrangements, and social circumstances as determinants of entry into and exit from long-term institutional care at older ages: a 6-year follow-up study of older Finns. The Gerontologist. 2009;49(1):34–45. doi: 10.1093/geront/gnp013 19363002.
13. Peng H. Research on dualistic Structure of the Urban and Rural areas and the Issue of Social Fairness in China. Sichuan: Sichuan University; 2007 (in Chinese).
14. Li ZH, Xiao YH, Xie Zi, Chen LZ, Xiao SY. Use of Patient Health Questionnaire-9(PHQ-9) among Chinese Rural Elderly. Chinese Journal of Clinical Psychology. 2011;19(2):171–4.
15. Wild B, Eckl A, Herzog W, Niehoff D, Lechner S, Maatouk I, et al. Assessing generalized anxiety disorder in elderly people using the GAD-7 and GAD-2 scales: results of a validation study. The American journal of geriatric psychiatry: official journal of the American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry. 2014;22(10):1029–38. doi: 10.1016/j.jagp.2013.01.076 23768681.
16. Xiao Y, Li CB, Qian J, Cui HS, Wu W. Reliability and validity of a generalized anxiety disorder scale in general hospital outpatients. Shanghai Archives of Psychiatry,. 2010;22(4):200–3 (in Chinese).
17. Lawton MP, Brody EM. Assessment of older people: self-maintaining and instrumental activities of daily living. The Gerontologist. 1969;9(3):179–86. 5349366.
18. State Council of the People's Republic of China. Gidance of the State Council on Launching a Pilot Program for New Rural Social Endowment Insurance. Beijing. 2009.
19. Mo Y, Hu G, Yi Y, Ying Y, Huang H, Huang Z, et al. Unmet needs in health training among nurses in rural Chinese township health centers: a cross-sectional hospital-based study. J Educ Eval Health Prof. 2017;14:22. doi: 10.3352/jeehp.2017.14.22 29026060; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5729214.
20. Gong X. Investigation on the current situation of aging population and eldercare institutions in Changde City. Qiu Yi Wen Yao. 2012;10(06):852(in Chinese).
21. Li H, Xu L, Chi I. Perceived Need for Home- and Community-Based Services: Experiences of Urban Chinese Older Adults With Functional Impairments. J Aging Soc Policy. 2017;29(2):182–96. doi: 10.1080/08959420.2016.1220229 27573622.