1. Li XM, Yang JS, Liu MX, Liu GM, Mei YU (2012) Spatio-temporal changes of soil salinity in arid areas of south Xinjiang using electromagnetic induction. Journal of Integrative Agriculture 11(8), 1365–1376.
2. Yang HC, Chen Y, Zhang FH, Xu TB, Cai X (2016) Prediction of salt transport on different soil textures under drip irrigation in an arid zone using SWAGMAN Destiny model. Soil Research 54(7), 869–879.
3. Lv Z, Liu G, Yang J, Zhang M, He L, Shao H, et al. (2013) Spatial variability of soil salinity in Bohai Sea coastal wetlands, China: Partition into four management zones. Plant Biosystems-An International Journal Dealing with all Aspects of Plant Biology 147(4), 1201–1210.
4. Bouksila F, Bahri A, Berndtsson R, Persson M, Rozema J, Van der Zee SE (2013) Assessment of soil salinization risks under irrigation with brackish water in semiarid Tunisia. Environmental and experimental botany 92, 176–185.
5. Egamberdieva D, Lugtenberg B (2014) Use of plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria to alleviate salinity stress in plants. Use of Microbes for the Alleviation of Soil Stresses 1, 73–96.
6. Schultz B, De Wrachien D (2002) Irrigation and drainage systems research and development in the 21st century. Irrigation and drainage 51(4), 311–327.
7. Klimanov A, Vorob’eva L, Novikova A, Konyushkova M (2014) The nature of alkalinity in virgin and anthropogenically modified solonetzes of Northern Kalmykia. Eurasian soil science 47(4), 266–275.
8. Chaganti VN, Crohn DM, Šimůnek J (2015) Leaching and reclamation of a biochar and compost amended saline–sodic soil with moderate SAR reclaimed water. Agricultural Water Management 158, 255–265.
9. Yuan BC, Xu XG, Li ZZ, Gao TP, Gao M, Fan XW, et al. (2007) Microbial biomass and activity in alkalized magnesic soils under arid conditions. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 39(12), 3004–3013.
10. Kladivko E, Frankenberger J, Jaynes D, Meek D, Jenkinson B, Fausey N (2004) Nitrate leaching to subsurface drains as affected by drain spacing and changes in crop production system. Journal of Environmental Quality 33(5), 1803–1813. doi: 10.2134/jeq2004.1803 15356241
11. Wang SL, Wang XG, Larry C B, Qu XY (2007) Current status and prospects of agricultural drainage in China. Irrigation and Drainage 56(S1).
12. Badalucco L, Rao M, Colombo C, Palumbo G, Laudicina VA, Gianfreda L (2010) Reversing agriculture from intensive to sustainable improves soil quality in a semiarid South Italian soil. Biology and Fertility of Soils 46(5), 481–489.
13. Herrero J, Hudnall WH (2014) Measurement of soil salinity using electromagnetic induction in a paddy with a densic pan and shallow water table. Paddy and water environment 12(1), 263–274.
14. Mkadam KM, Yonaha T, Ali VS, Tokuyama A (2006) Dissolved aluminum and silica release on the interaction of Okinawan subtropical red soil and seawater at different salinities: Experimental and field observations. Geochemical Journal 40(4), 333–343.
15. Yang C, Shi D, Wang D (2008) Comparative effects of salt and alkali stresses on growth, osmotic adjustment and ionic balance of an alkali-resistant halophyte Suaeda glauca (Bge.). Plant Growth Regulation 56(2), 179–190.
16. Zhao Y, Li Y, Wang J, Pang H, Li Y (2016) Buried straw layer plus plastic mulching reduces soil salinity and increases sunflower yield in saline soils. Soil and Tillage Research 155, 363–370.
17. Munns R (2009) Strategies for crop improvement in saline soils. In 'Salinity and water stress.' pp. 99–110. (Springer)
18. Tomar O, Minhas P, Sharma V, Gupta RK (2003) Response of nine forage grasses to saline irrigation and its schedules in a semi-arid climate of north-west India. Journal of arid environments 55(3), 533–544.
19. Akhter J, Murray R, Mahmood K, Malik K, Ahmed S (2004) Improvement of degraded physical properties of a saline-sodic soil by reclamation with kallar grass (Leptochloa fusca). Plant and Soil 258(1), 207–216.
20. Kushiev H, Noble AD, Abdullaev I, Toshbekov U (2005) Remediation of abandoned saline soils using Glycyrrhiza glabra: A study from the Hungry Steppes of Central Asia. International Journal of Agricultural Sustainability 3(2), 102–113.
21. Ok YS, Usman AR, Lee SS, El-Azeem SAA, Choi B, Hashimoto Y, et al. (2011) Effects of rapeseed residue on lead and cadmium availability and uptake by rice plants in heavy metal contaminated paddy soil. Chemosphere 85(4), 677–682. doi: 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2011.06.073 21764102
22. Zhang F, Hanjra MA, Hua F, Shu Y, Li Y (2014) Analysis of climate variability in the Manas River Valley, North-Western China (1956–2006). Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change 19(7), 1091–1107.
23. Gong ZT, Lei WJ, Chen HZ (1988) Chinese dryland soils (in Chinese). Arid Zone Research 2, 1–9.
24. FAO–UNESCO (1988) Soil Map of the World–Revised Legend. FAO, Rome, Italy.
25. Gong S, Zhang T, Guo R, Cao H, Shi L, Guo J, et al. (2015) Response of soil enzyme activity to warming and nitrogen addition in a meadow steppe. Soil Research 53(3), 242–252.
26. Howell TA (2001) Enhancing water use efficiency in irrigated agriculture. Agronomy journal 93(2), 281–289.
27. Ritzema H, Satyanarayana T, Raman S, Boonstra J (2008) Subsurface drainage to combat waterlogging and salinity in irrigated lands in India: Lessons learned in farmers’ fields. Agricultural Water Management 95(3), 179–189.
28. Rietz D, Haynes R (2003) Effects of irrigation-induced salinity and sodicity on soil microbial activity. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 35(6), 845–854.
29. Austin M (2007) Species distribution models and ecological theory: a critical assessment and some possible new approaches. Ecological modelling 200(1), 1–19.
30. Munns R, James RA, Läuchli A (2006) Approaches to increasing the salt tolerance of wheat and other cereals. Journal of Experimental Botany 57(5), 1025–1043. F doi: 10.1093/jxb/erj100 16510517
31. Pasternak D (1987) Salt tolerance and crop production-a comprehensive approach. Annual Review of Phytopathology 25(1), 271–291.