1. WHO. Recommended Definitions, Terminology and Format for Statistical Tables Related to the Perinatal Period and Use of a New Certificate for Cause of Perinatal Deaths: Modifications Recommended by FIGO as Amended October 14,1976: Acta Obstet gynecoi Scand: 1977, 56:247–253.
2. American College of Obstetric and Gynecology (ACOG). Definitions of Preterm (Premature) Labor and Birth. US,New York; 2016. Available from: https://www.acog.org/Clinical-Guidance-and-Publications/Committee-Opinions/Committee-on-Obstetric-Practice/Definition-of-Term-Pregnancy
3. WHO. Revised Fact Sheet: Preterm births. Geneva, swizterland; 2016.
4. Hannah JL, Hannah B, Catherine YS, Christopher PH, Sarah CS, Eve ML, et al. Preventing preterm births: analysis of trends and potential reductions with interventions in 39 countries with very high human development index. Lancet 2013, 381(223).
5. Stay DW, Lale S, Ana PB, Mario M, Jennifer HR, Craig R, et al. The worldwide incidence of preterm birth: a systematic review of maternal mortality and morbidity. Bull World Health Organ 2010, 88(31–38).
6. Gebreslasie K. Preterm Birth and Associated Factors among Mothers Who Gave Birth in Gondar Town Health Institutions. Advances in Nursing: Hindawi Publishing coorporation 2016.
7. Bekele I. DT, Dugna K. Prevalence of Preterm Birth and its Associated Factors among Mothers Delivered in Jimma University Specialized Teaching and Referral Hospital, Jimma Zone, Oromia Regional State, South West Ethiopia:J Women's Health Care: 2017, 6(1).
8. Akilew AA, Leta GA, Bikes DB, Berihun MZ. Adverse birth outcomes among deliveries at Gondar University Hospital, Northwest Ethiopia: BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth: 2014, 14(90).
9. BelaYnew W. TA, Getachew G., Mohamed K. Effects of inter pregnancy interval on pre term birth and associated factors among post partum mothers who gave birth at felegehiowt referral hospital. World journal of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences: 2015, 4(4):12–25.
10. Teklu S. GA. Prevalence and clinical correlates of the hypertensive disorders of pregnancy at Tikur Anbessa Hospital, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Ethiop Med J 2006, 44(1):17–26. 17447359
11. Tigist B., Abdela A., Kahsay ZG. Preterm Birth and Associated Factors among Mothers Who gave Birth in Debremarkos Town Health Institutions, 2013 Institutional Based Cross Sectional Study. Gynecol Obstet (Sunnyvale): 2015, 5(5).
12. March of Dimes, WHO: The Global Action Report on Preterm Birth. Geneva, Swiztherland; 2016.
13. Joy E Lawn MG, Toni MN, Craig ER, Cynthia S, GAPPS Review Group. Global report on preterm birth and stillbirth (1 of 7): definitions, description of the burden and opportunities to improve data. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth 2010, 10:22. doi: 10.1186/1471-2393-10-22
14. WHO. Born Too Soon The Global Action Report on PretermBirth. In. Geneva; 2012: 128.
15. Federal Minstry of Health. Health and Health Related Indicators. In., vol. 2. Ethiopia: FMOH; 2013.
16. Mengesha HG, Sahle BW. Cause of neonatal deaths in Northern Ethiopia: a prospective cohort study. BMC Public Health 2017, 17(1).
17. Gurmesa TD, Alemayehu WY. Determinants and Causes of Neonatal Mortality in Jimma Zone, Southwest Ethiopia: A Multilevel Analysis of Prospective Follow Up Study. PLoS ONE 9(9 2014, 9(9).
18. Kliegman R, Waldo E. Nelson Textbook Of Pediatrics. Chapter 91: Prematurity and Interauterine restriction. 19th, edn. United states of America: Elsevier; 2011.
19. Dag Moster TL, and Trond M. Long-Term Medical and Social Consequences of Preterm Birth. The new england journal of medicine: 2008, 359:262–273. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa0706475 18635431
20. Kentucky F. Fact sheet: Short- and Long-Term Effects of Preterm Birth. UK/England; 2011.
21. Mahrokh Dolatian AM, Ameneh SF, Homeira S, Hamid A, Zohreh M, Farnoosh M. Relationship between Structural and Intermediary Determinants of Health and Preterm Delivery. J Reprod Infertil 2014, 15(2).
22. Snelgrove WJ, Murphy EK. Preterm birth and social inequality: assessing the effects of material and psychosocial disadvantage in a UK birth cohort. Nordic Federation of Societies of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica 2015.
23. WHO. WHO Recommendations on Interventions to Improve Preterm Birth Outcome. France; 2015.
24. Cesar GV. Global report on preterm birth and stillbirth (4 of 7): delivery of interventions. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth: 2010, 10(Suppl 1).
25. Di Renzo GC, Roura LC, Facchinetti F, Antsaklis A, Breborowicz G, Gratacos E, et al. Guidelines for the management of spontaneous preterm labor: identification of spontaneous preterm labor, diagnosis of preterm premature rupture of membranes, and preventive tools for preterm birth. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 2011, 24(5):659–667. doi: 10.3109/14767058.2011.553694 21366393
26. United Nations. Transforming our World: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. https://www.sustainabledevelopment.un.org Accessed january 30, 2019.
27. United Nations. Every Woman Every Child: the Global Strategy for Women’s, Children’s and Adolescents’ Health (2016–2030); Geneva, Swiztherland; 2015.
28. FMOH (Ethiopia), JSI. Addressing Community Maternal and Neonatal Health in Ethiopia. Report from National Scoping Exercise and National Workshop to Increase Demand, Accesses and Use of Community Maternal and Neonatal Health Services. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia; May 2009.
29. Central Statistical Agency (CSA). Ethiopia Demographic and Health Survey Indicators. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Maryland, Neyork; 2016.
30. Rosenberg RE, Chowdhury M, Ahmed A, Black RE, Ahmed S, Santosham M, et al. Determining Gestational Age in a Low-resource Setting: Validity of Last Menstrual Period. J health popul nutr 2009, 27(3):332–338. doi: 10.3329/jhpn.v27i3.3375 19507748
31. Alaa El-Dien M.S. Hosny WE-k, Kashef Mona T., Fakhry Mohsen N. Association between preterm labor and genitourinary tract infections caused by Trichomonas vaginalis, Mycoplasma hominis, Gram-negative bacilli, and coryneforms. Journal of the Chinese Medical Association 2017(1–7).
32. Florent Fuchs BM, Thierry D, Nils C, Francois A. Effect of maternal age on the risk of preterm birth: A large cohort study. PLoS ONE 2018, 13(1).
33. Abdo RA, Endalemaw TB, and Tesso FY. Prevalence and associated Factors of Adverse Birth Outcomes among Women Attended Maternity Ward at Negest Elene Mohammed Memorial General Hospital in Hosanna Town, SNNPR, Ethiopia. J Women’s Health Care: 2016, 5(4).
34. Bahareh Darakhshi NE, Ebrahim G, Siroos HR. Risk Factor of Preterm Labor in the West of Iran: A Case-Control study. Iranian J Publ Health 2014, 43(4):8.
35. Brock EF, Hyagriv S, and Juan C.: Prenatal stress, prematurity and asthma. PMC 2015, 70(12).
36. Ayesha KB, Tamsin KP, Allison Z, Agnes R, Landon M, Elaine JA. Effect of alcohol consumption and psychosocial stressors on preterm and small-for-gestational-age births in HIV-infected women in South Africa: a cohort study. BMJ 2017, 7:8.