1. Kasai K, Fukuda M. Science of recovery in schizophrenia research: brain and psychological substrates of personalized value. NPJ Schizophr. 2017;3:14. doi: 10.1038/s41537-017-0016-6 28560260
2. Sortheix FM, Schwartz SH. Values that underlie and undermine well-being: variability across countries. Eur J Personal. 2017;31(2):187–201.
3. Schwartz S. Universals in the content and structure of values–theoretical advances and empirical tests in 20 countries. Adv Exp Soc Psychol. 1992;25:1–65.
4. Sheldon KM, Elliot AJ. Not all personal goals are personal: comparing autonomous and controlled reasons for goals as predictors of effort and attainment. Personal Soc Psychol Bull. 1998;24(5):546–57.
5. Doi S, Yokomitsu K, Sakano Y. Personal values questionnaire II: internal consistency and validity. Jpn J Behaviour Ther. 2014;40:45–55 (in Japanese).
6. Sagiv L, Schwartz S. Value priorities and subjective well-being: direct relations and congruity effects. Eur J Soc Psychol. 2000;30(2):177–98.
7. Sheldon K, Ryan R, Deci E, Kasser T. The independent effects of goal contents and motives on well-being: It’s both what you pursue and why you pursue it. Personal Soc Psychol Bull. 2004;30(4):475–86.
8. Takada M, Kondo N, Hashimoto H. Japanese study on stratification, health, income, and neighborhood: study protocol and profiles of participants. J Epidemiol. 2014;24(4):334–44. doi: 10.2188/jea.JE20130084 24814507
9. Schwartz S. An overview of the Schwartz theory of basic values. Online Read Psychol Cult. 2012;2. https://doi.org/10.9707/2307-0919.1116.
10. Furukawa TA, Kawakami N, Saitoh M, Ono Y, Nakane Y, Nakamura Y, et al. The performance of the Japanese version of the K6 and K10 in the World Mental Health Survey Japan. International journal of methods in psychiatric research. 2008;17(3):152–8. doi: 10.1002/mpr.257 18763695
11. Bobowik M, Basabe N, Páez D, Jiménez A, Bilbao MÁ. Personal values and well-being among Europeans, Spanish natives and immigrants to Spain: does the culture matter? J Happiness Stud. 2011;12(3):401–19.
12. Mousseau AC, Scott WD, Estes D. Values and depressive symptoms in American Indian youth of the Northern Plains: examining the potential moderating roles of outcome expectancies and perceived community values. Journal of youth and adolescence. 2014;43(3):426–36. doi: 10.1007/s10964-013-9982-9 23857243
13. Cheng SK. Understanding the culture and behaviour of East Asians—a Confucian perspective. The Australian and New Zealand journal of psychiatry. 1990;24(4):510–5. doi: 10.3109/00048679009062907 2073227