1. Ho Y-C, Lee P-L, Wang Y-C, Chen S-C, Chen K-T. The economic burden of childhood invasive pneumococcal diseases and pneumonia in Taiwan: Implications for a pneumococcal vaccination program. Hum Vaccines Immunother. 2015 Apr 15;11.
2. Mathers C, Fat DM, Boerma JT, World Health Organization, editors. The global burden of disease: 2004 update. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2008. 146 p.
3. WHO. Revised WHO Classification and Treatment of Pneumonia in Children at Health Facilities: Evidence Summaries. [Internet]. World Health Organization; 2014 [cited 2018 Aug 21]. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK264164/
4. Sazawal S, Black RE, Pneumonia Case Management Trials Group. Effect of pneumonia case management on mortality in neonates, infants, and preschool children: a meta-analysis of community-based trials. Lancet Infect Dis. 2003 Sep;3(9):547–56. doi: 10.1016/s1473-3099(03)00737-0 12954560
5. Ingram M, Reinschmidt KM, Schachter KA, Davidson CL, Sabo SJ, De Zapien JG, et al. Establishing a Professional Profile of Community Health Workers: Results from a National Study of Roles, Activities and Training. J Community Health. 2012 Apr 1;37(2):529–37. doi: 10.1007/s10900-011-9475-2 21964912
6. Onono M, Abdi M, Mutai K, Asadhi E, Nyamai R, Okoth P, et al. Community case management of lower chest indrawing pneumonia with oral amoxicillin in children in Kenya. Acta Paediatr Oslo Nor 1992. 2018 Dec;107 Suppl 471:44–52.
7. Onono M, Abdi M, Opondo I, Okung’u J, Asadhi E, Nyamai R, et al. Using the RE-AIM framework to evaluate the implementation of integrated community case management in Kenya. Acta Paediatr. 2018;107(S471):53–62.
8. Druetz T, Siekmans K, Goossens S, Ridde V, Haddad S. The community case management of pneumonia in Africa: a review of the evidence. Health Policy Plan. 2015 Mar 1;30(2):253–66. doi: 10.1093/heapol/czt104 24371218
9. Anh DD, Riewpaiboon A, Tho LH, Kim SA, Nyambat B, Kilgore P. Treatment Costs of Pneumonia, Meningitis, Sepsis, and Other Diseases among Hospitalized Children in Viet Nam. J Health Popul Nutr. 2010 Oct;28(5):436. doi: 10.3329/jhpn.v28i5.6151 20941894
10. Cupurdija V, Lazic Z, Petrovic M, Mojsilovic S, Cekerevac I, Rancic N, et al. Community-acquired pneumonia: economics of inpatient medical care vis-à-vis clinical severity,. J Bras Pneumol. 2015;41(1):48–57. doi: 10.1590/S1806-37132015000100007 25750674
11. Kenya National Bureau of Statistics., UNICEF. Homa Bay County Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey 2011, Final Report. Nairobi, Kenya. Kenya National Bureau of Statistics.; 2013 Jul p. 12–4.
12. Sadruddin S, Shehzad S, Bari A, Khan A, Ibad-ul-Haque, Khan A, et al. Household Costs for Treatment of Severe Pneumonia in Pakistan. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2012 Nov 7;87(5 Suppl):137–43.
13. Krishnan F, Arora N, Pandav C, Kapoor S. Cost of curative pediatric services in a public sector setting. Indian J Pediatr. 2005 Aug;72(8):657–60. doi: 10.1007/bf02724072 16131769
14. Ayieko P, Akumu AO, Griffiths UK, English M. The economic burden of inpatient paediatric care in Kenya: household and provider costs for treatment of pneumonia, malaria and meningitis. Cost Eff Resour Alloc CE. 2009;7:3.
15. Matovu F, Nanyiti A, Rutebemberwa E. Household health care-seeking costs: experiences from a randomized, controlled trial of community-based malaria and pneumonia treatment among under-fives in eastern Uganda. Malar J. 2014;13(1):222.
16. Madsen HO, Hanehøj M, Das AR, Moses PD, Rose W, Puliyel M, et al. Costing of severe pneumonia in hospitalized infants and children aged 2–36 months, at a secondary and tertiary level hospital of a not-for-profit organization: Costing of severe pneumonia. Trop Med Int Health. 2009 Oct;14(10):1315–22. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2009.02374.x 19719464
17. Hussain H, Waters H, Omer SB, Khan A, Baig IY, Mistry R, et al. The cost of treatment for child pneumonias and meningitis in the Northern Areas of Pakistan. 2006 Aug 2;21(3):229–238. doi: 10.1002/hpm.847 17044548
18. Munge K, Briggs AH. The progressivity of health-care financing in Kenya. Health Policy Plan. 2014 Oct 1;29(7):912–20. doi: 10.1093/heapol/czt073 24107660
19. Abdi M, Shaw BI, Asadhi E, Owuor K, Cohen CR, Onono M, et al. Perceived Quality of Care of Community Health Worker and Facility-Based Health Worker Management of Pneumonia in Children Under 5 Years in Western Kenya: A Cross-Sectional Multidimensional Study. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2016 May 4;94(5):1170–6. doi: 10.4269/ajtmh.15-0784 26976883