1. Jeka JJ, Lackner JR, Fingertip contact influences human postural control. Exp Brain Res. 1994: 495–502. doi: 10.1007/bf02738408 7813685
2. Jeka JJ, Light touch contact as a balance aid. Physical Therapy. 1997; 476–487. doi: 10.1093/ptj/77.5.476 9149759
3. Johannsen L, McKenzie E, Brown M, Redfern MS, Wing AM, Deliberately Light Interpersonal Touch as an Aid to Balance Control in Neurologic Conditions. Rehabilitation Nursing. 2014: 1–10.
4. Riley MA, Stoffregen TA, Grocki MJ, Turvey M, Postural stabilization for the control of touching. Human Movement Science. 1999: 795–817.
5. Baccini M, Rinaldi LA, Federighi G, Vannucchi L, Paci M, Masotti G, Effectiveness of fingertip light contact in reducing postural sway in older people. Age and aging. 2007: 30–35.
6. Boonsinsukh R, Panichareon L, Phansuwan-Pujito P, Light touch cue through a cane improves pelvic stability during walking in stroke. Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation. 2009: 919–926. doi: 10.1016/j.apmr.2008.12.022 19480866
7. Cunha BP, Alouche SR, Araujo IMG, Freitas SMSF, Individuals with post-stroke hemiparesis are able to use additional sensory information to reduce postural sway. Neuroscience Letters. 2012: 6–11.
8. Dickstein R, Shupert CL, Horak FB, Fingertip touch improves postural stability in patients with peripheral neuropathy. Gait Posture. 2001: 238–247. 11600327
9. Franzén E, Paquette C, Gurfinkel V, Horak FB, Light and Heavy Touch Reduces Postural Sway and Modifies Axial Tone in Parkinson’s Disease. Neurorehabilitation and Neural Repair. 2012: 1007–1014. doi: 10.1177/1545968312437942 22415944
10. Bonfim TR, Grossi DB, Paccola CAJ, Barela JA, Additional sensory information reduces body sway of individuals with anterior cruciate ligament injury. Neuroscience Letters. 2008: 257–260.
11. Kouzaki M, Masani K, Reduced postural sway during quiet standing by light touch is due to finger tactile feedback but not mechanical support. Experimental Brain Research. 2008: 153–158.
12. Holden M, Ventura J, Lackner JR, Stabilization of Posture by Precision Contact of the Index Finger. Journal of Vestibular Research. 1994: 285–301. 7921347
13. Chiba R, Takakusaki K, Ota J, Yozu A, Haga N. Human upright posture control models based on multisensory inputs; in fast and slow dynamics. Neuroscience research. 2016 Mar 1;104:96–104. doi: 10.1016/j.neures.2015.12.002 26746115
14. Wing AM, Johannsen L, Endo S, Light touch for balance: influence of a time-varying external driving signal. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences. 2011: 3133–3141.
15. Jeka J, Schöner G, Dijkstra T, Ribeiro P, Lackner JR, Coupling of fingertip somatosensory information to head and body sway. Experimental Brain Research. 1997: 475–483. doi: 10.1007/pl00005600 9108214
16. Lackner JR, Rabin E, DiZio P, Stabilization of posture by precision touch of the index finger with rigid and flexible filaments. Experimental Brain Research. 2001. 454–464. doi: 10.1007/s002210100775 11534870
17. Goodworth AD, Wall C III, Peterka RJ. Influence of feedback parameters on performance of a vibrotactile balance prosthesis. IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering. 2009 Jun 2;17(4):397–408. doi: 10.1109/TNSRE.2009.2023309 19497820
18. Goodworth AD, Peterka RJ. Sensorimotor integration for multisegmental frontal plane balance control in humans. Journal of neurophysiology. 2011 Sep 21;107(1):12–28. doi: 10.1152/jn.00670.2010 21940611
19. Quant S, Maki BE, Verrier MC, McIlroy WE. Passive and active lower-limb movements delay upper-limb balance reactions. Neuroreport. 2001 Sep 17;12(13):2821–5. doi: 10.1097/00001756-200109170-00014 11588584
20. Kuo AD. An optimal control model for analyzing human postural balance. IEEE transactions on biomedical engineering. 1995 Jan;42(1):87–101. doi: 10.1109/10.362914 7851935
21. van Emmerik RE, van Wegen EE. On variability and stability in human movement. Journal of Applied Biomechanics. 2000 Nov 1;16(4):394–406.
22. Newell KM, Slifkin AB. The nature of movement variability. Motor behavior and human skill: A multidisciplinary perspective. 1998:143–60.
23. Vérité F, Bachta W, Morel G, Closed loop kinesthetic feedback for postural control rehabilitation. IEEE transactions on haptics. 2014: 150–160. doi: 10.1109/TOH.2013.64 24968379
24. Vuillerme N, Cuisinier R, Head position-based electrotactile tongue biofeedback affects postural responses to Achilles tendon vibration in humans. Experimental Brain Research. 2008: 503–508. doi: 10.1007/s00221-007-1249-9 18193414
25. Shima K, Shimatani K, Sugie A, Kurita Y, Kohno R, Tsuji T, Virtual light touch contact: A novel concept for mitigation of body sway. 7th International Symposium on Medical Information and Communication Technology (ISMICT). 2013: 108–111.
26. Mientjes MI, Frank JS. Balance in chronic low back pain patients compared to healthy people under various conditions in upright standing. Clinical Biomechanics. 1999 Dec 1;14(10):710–6. doi: 10.1016/s0268-0033(99)00025-x 10545625
27. Strang AJ, Haworth J, Hieronymus M, Walsh M, Smart LJ. Structural changes in postural sway lend insight into effects of balance training, vision, and support surface on postural control in a healthy population. European journal of applied physiology. 2011 Jul 1;111(7):1485–95. doi: 10.1007/s00421-010-1770-6 21165641
28. Maurer C, Peterka RJ. A new interpretation of spontaneous sway measures based on a simple model of human postural control. Journal of neurophysiology. 2005: 189–200. doi: 10.1152/jn.00221.2004 15331614
29. Palmieri RM, Ingersoll CD, Stone MB, Krause BA. Center-of-Pressure Parameters Used in the Assessment of Postural Control. Journal of sport rehabilitation. 2002: 51–66.
30. Murray MP, Seireg AA, Sepic SB, Normal postural stability and steadiness: quantitative assessment. The Journal of bone and joint surgery. 1975: 510–516. 1141262
31. Moghadam M, Ashayeri H, Salavati M, Sarafzadeh J, Taghipoor KD, Saeedi A, et al. Reliability of center of pressure measures of postural stability in healthy older adults: effects of postural task difficulty and cognitive load. Gait & Posture. 2011: 651–655.
32. Baratto L, Morasso PG, Re C, Spada G. A new look at posturographic analysis in the clinical context: sway-density versus other parameterization techniques. Motor control. 2002 Jul 1;6(3):246–70. 12122219
33. Qiu H, Xiong S. Center-of-pressure based postural sway measures: Reliability and ability to distinguish between age, fear of falling and fall history. International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics. 2015 May 1;47:37–44.
34. Jiang P, Chiba R, Takakusaki K, Ota J. Generation of the human biped stance by a neural controller able to compensate neurological time delay. PloS one. 2016 Sep 21;11(9):e0163212. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0163212 27655271
35. Ersal T, Sienko KH. A mathematical model for incorporating biofeedback into human postural control. Journal of neuroengineering and rehabilitation. 2013 Dec;10(1):14.
36. Mergner T. A neurological view on reactive human stance control. Annual Reviews in Control. 2010 Dec 1;34(2):177–98.
37. Qu X, Nussbaum MA. Evaluation of the roles of passive and active control of balance using a balance control model. Journal of biomechanics. 2009 Aug 25;42(12):1850–5. doi: 10.1016/j.jbiomech.2009.05.036 19640541
38. Raymakers JA, Samson MM, Verhaar HJJ, The assessment of body sway and the choice of the stability parameter(s). Gait & posture. 2005: 48–58.
39. Riach CL, Starkes JL. Velocity of centre of pressure excursions as an indicator of postural control systems in children. Gait & Posture. 1994 Sep 1;2(3):167–72.
40. Prieto TE, Myklebust JB, Hoffmann RG, Lovett EG, Myklebust BM. Measures of postural steadiness: differences between healthy young and elderly adults. IEEE Transactions on biomedical engineering. 1996 Sep;43(9):956–66. doi: 10.1109/10.532130 9214811