1. Wandeler G, Johnson LF, Egger M. Trends in life expectancy of HIV-positive adults on antiretroviral therapy across the globe: comparisons with general population. Current opinion in HIV and AIDS. 2016;11(5):492–500. Epub 2016/06/03. doi: 10.1097/COH.0000000000000298 27254748
2. UNAIDS. Fact sheet—global HIV statistics Geneva, Switzerland: UNAIDS; 2017 [27-02-2019]. http://www.unaids.org/sites/default/files/media_asset/UNAIDS_FactSheet_en.pdf.
3. VAAC VAoHAC. Report on HIV / AIDS prevention and control in 2017 and key tasks in 2018. Hanoi, Vietnam: 2017.
4. Schwartländer B, Stover J, Hallett T, Atun R, Avila C, Gouws E, et al. Towards an improved investment approach for an effective response to HIV/AIDS. The Lancet. 2011;377(9782):2031–41. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(11)60702-2
5. Olakunde BO, Ndukwe CD. Improved Domestic Funding Enhances the Sustainability of HIV/AIDS Response in Nigeria. Annals of global health. 2015;81(5):684–8. Epub 2016/04/03. doi: 10.1016/j.aogh.2015.10.005 27036726.
6. UNAIDS. Snapshot—HIV investment Geneva, Switzerland: UNAIDS; 2016 [27-02-2019]. http://www.unaids.org/sites/default/files/media_asset/HIV_investments_Snapshot_en.pdf.
7. Gupta D, Rodeghier M, Lis CG. Patient satisfaction with service quality as a predictor of survival outcomes in breast cancer. Supportive care in cancer: official journal of the Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer. 2014;22(1):129–34. Epub 2013/09/10. doi: 10.1007/s00520-013-1956-7 24013568.
8. Rathert C, May DR, Williams ES. Beyond service quality: the mediating role of patient safety perceptions in the patient experience-satisfaction relationship. Health care management review. 2011;36(4):359–68. Epub 2011/06/22. doi: 10.1097/HMR.0b013e318219cda1 21691210.
9. Weingart SN, Pagovich O, Sands DZ, Li JM, Aronson MD, Davis RB, et al. Patient-reported service quality on a medicine unit. International journal for quality in health care: journal of the International Society for Quality in Health Care / ISQua. 2006;18(2):95–101. Epub 2005/11/12. doi: 10.1093/intqhc/mzi087 16282334.
10. Baker TL, Taylor SA. Patient satisfaction and service quality in the formation of customers’ future purchase intentions in competitive health service settings. Health marketing quarterly. 1997;15(1):1–15. Epub 1996/12/08. 10179060.
11. Tran BX, Nguyen NP. Patient satisfaction with HIV/AIDS care and treatment in the decentralization of services delivery in Vietnam. PloS one. 2012;7(10):e46680. Epub 2012/10/17. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0046680 23071611
12. Larsen DE, Rootman I. Physician role performance and patient satisfaction. Social science & medicine. 1976;10(1):29–32. Epub 1976/01/01. doi: 10.1016/0037-7856(76)90136-0 1265486.
13. Fitzpatrick R. Surveys of patient satisfaction: II—Designing a questionnaire and conducting a survey. Bmj. 1991;302(6785):1129–32. Epub 1991/05/11. doi: 10.1136/bmj.302.6785.1129 2043786
14. Gupta D, Lis CG, Rodeghier M. Can patient experience with service quality predict survival in colorectal cancer? Journal for healthcare quality: official publication of the National Association for Healthcare Quality. 2013;35(6):37–43. Epub 2012/08/24. doi: 10.1111/j.1945-1474.2012.00217.x 22913321.
15. Dang BN, Westbrook RA, Black WC, Rodriguez-Barradas MC, Giordano TP. Examining the link between patient satisfaction and adherence to HIV care: a structural equation model. PloS one. 2013;8(1):e54729. Epub 2013/02/06. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0054729 23382948
16. Wu AW, Gifford A, Asch S, Cohn SE, Bozzette SA, Yurk R. Quality-of-care indicators for HIV/AIDS. Disease Management and Health Outcomes. 2000;7(6):315–30.
17. Moore BR, Simpson K, Kaye W, Swanson Kazley A. Piloting a method to measure satisfaction with HIV care. American journal of medical quality: the official journal of the American College of Medical Quality. 2010;25(5):384–91. Epub 2010/09/14. doi: 10.1177/1062860610371974 20833985.
18. Land L, Nixon S, Ross JD. Patient-derived outcome measures for HIV services in the developed world: a systematic review. International journal of STD & AIDS. 2011;22(8):430–5. Epub 2011/07/29. doi: 10.1258/ijsa.2011.010450 21795416.
19. Karunamoorthi K, Rajalakshmi M, Babu SM, Yohannes A. HIV/AIDS patient’s satisfactory and their expectations with pharmacy service at specialist antiretroviral therapy (ART) units. European review for medical and pharmacological sciences. 2009;13(5):331–9. Epub 2009/12/08. 19961038.
20. Vo BN, Cohen CR, Smith RM, Bukusi EA, Onono MA, Schwartz K, et al. Patient satisfaction with integrated HIV and antenatal care services in rural Kenya. AIDS care. 2012;24(11):1442–7. Epub 2012/02/03. doi: 10.1080/09540121.2011.652357 22296261
21. Preau M, Protopopescu C, Raffi F, Rey D, Chene G, Marcellin F, et al. Satisfaction with care in HIV-infected patients treated with long-term follow-up antiretroviral therapy: the role of social vulnerability. AIDS care. 2012;24(4):434–43. Epub 2011/10/18. doi: 10.1080/09540121.2011.613909 21999644.
22. Njilele AC, Ukwe CV, Okonta JM, Ekwunife OI. Development of a patient satisfaction questionnaire for HIV/AIDS patients in Nigeria. International journal of clinical pharmacy. 2012;34(1):98–104. Epub 2011/12/24. doi: 10.1007/s11096-011-9596-9 22193704.
23. Devnani M, Gupta AK, Wanchu A, Sharma RK. Factors associated with health service satisfaction among people living with HIV/AIDS: a cross sectional study at ART center in Chandigarh, India. AIDS care. 2012;24(1):100–7. Epub 2011/07/20. doi: 10.1080/09540121.2011.592816 21767229.
24. Kato M, Granich R, Bui DD, Tran HV, Nadol P, Jacka D, et al. The potential impact of expanding antiretroviral therapy and combination prevention in Vietnam: towards elimination of HIV transmission. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2013;63(5):e142–9. Epub 2013/05/30. doi: 10.1097/QAI.0b013e31829b535b 23714739
25. Le D-C, Kubo T, Fujino Y, Pham T-M, Matsuda S. Health Care System in Vietnam: Current Situation and Challenges. Asian Pacific Journal of Disease Management. 2010;4(2):23–30. doi: 10.7223/apjdm.4.23
26. Kato M, Long NH, Duong BD, Nhan do T, Nguyen TT, Hai NH, et al. Enhancing the benefits of antiretroviral therapy in Vietnam: towards ending AIDS. Curr HIV/AIDS Rep. 2014;11(4):487–95. Epub 2014/12/05. doi: 10.1007/s11904-014-0235-7 25472886
27. World Health Organization. Technical guide for countries to set targets for universalaccess to HIV prevention, treatment and care for injecting drug users, 2012revision. Geneva, Switzerland: 2012.
28. Control VAoHA. Vietnam HIV/AIDS Estimates and Projections 2011–2015. Hanoi: Ministry of Health, 2013.
29. World Health Organization. WHO case definitions of HIV for surveillance and revised clinical staging and immunological classification of HIV-related disease in adults and children. Geneva, Switzerland 2007.
30. Tran BX, Ohinmaa A, Nguyen LT. Quality of life profile and psychometric properties of the EQ-5D-5L in HIV/AIDS patients. Health and quality of life outcomes. 2012;10:132. doi: 10.1186/1477-7525-10-132 23116130
31. Tran BX, Nguyen LT, Nguyen NH, Hoang QV, Hwang J. Determinants of antiretroviral treatment adherence among HIV/AIDS patients: a multisite study. Global health action. 2013;6:19570. Epub 2013/03/19. doi: 10.3402/gha.v6i0.19570 23497956
32. Tran BX, Nguyen LH, Phan HT, Latkin CA. Patient Satisfaction with Methadone Maintenance Treatment in Vietnam: A Comparison of Different Integrative-Service Delivery Models. PloS one. 2015;10(11):e0142644. Epub 2015/11/12. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0142644 26556036
33. Ministry of Health. Guideline of HIV/AIDS treatment and care. 2017.
34. Dixit S, Verma N, Shrivastava N, Sharma M, Pradhan SK, Agarwal S. Patient satisfaction with ART centre services among people living with HIV: a cross sectional study in a tertiary care hospital, Chhattisgarh, India. 2018. 2018;5(6):8. Epub 2018-05-22.
35. Hogan B, Hershey L, Ritchey S. A case study using a patient satisfaction survey to improve the delivery and effectiveness of drug addiction treatment services: marketing implications and organizational impact. Health Mark Q. 2007;24(1–2):93–106. Epub 2008/12/02. doi: 10.1080/07359680802125923 19042522.
36. Madden A, Lea T, Bath N, Winstock AR. Satisfaction guaranteed? What clients on methadone and buprenorphine think about their treatment. Drug Alcohol Rev. 2008;27(6):671–8. Epub 2009/04/21. doi: 10.1080/09595230801935706 19378450.
37. Wouters E, Heunis C, van Rensburg D, Meulemans H. Patient satisfaction with antiretroviral services at primary health-care facilities in the Free State, South Africa—a two-year study using four waves of cross-sectional data. BMC Health Serv Res. 2008;8:210. Epub 2008/10/11. doi: 10.1186/1472-6963-8-210 18844998
38. Perez-Salgado D, Compean-Dardon MS, Staines-Orozco MG, Ortiz-Hernandez L. Satisfaction with Healthcare Services and Adherence to Antiretroviral Therapy among Patients with HIV Attending Two Public Institutions. Rev Invest Clin. 2015;67(2):80–8. Epub 2015/05/06. 25938840.
39. Flickinger TE, Saha S, Moore RD, Beach MC. Higher quality communication and relationships are associated with improved patient engagement in HIV care. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2013;63(3):362–6. Epub 2013/04/18. doi: 10.1097/QAI.0b013e318295b86a 23591637
40. Xesfingi S, Vozikis A. Patient satisfaction with the healthcare system: Assessing the impact of socio-economic and healthcare provision factors. BMC Health Serv Res. 2016;16:94. Epub 2016/03/17. doi: 10.1186/s12913-016-1327-4 26979458
41. Aiken LH, Sermeus W, Van den Heede K, Sloane DM, Busse R, McKee M, et al. Patient safety, satisfaction, and quality of hospital care: cross sectional surveys of nurses and patients in 12 countries in Europe and the United States. BMJ. 2012;344:e1717. doi: 10.1136/bmj.e1717 22434089
42. Thi Thao Nguyen S, Yamamoto E, Thi Ngoc Nguyen M, Bao Le H, Kariya T, Saw YM, et al. Waiting time in the outpatient clinic at a national hospital in Vietnam. Nagoya J Med Sci. 2018;80(2):227–39. Epub 2018/06/20. doi: 10.18999/nagjms.80.2.227 29915440
43. Surur AS, Teni FS, Wale W, Ayalew Y, Tesfaye B. Health related quality of life of HIV/AIDS patients on highly active anti-retroviral therapy at a university referral hospital in Ethiopia. BMC Health Serv Res. 2017;17(1):737. Epub 2017/11/17. doi: 10.1186/s12913-017-2714-1 29141626
44. Umeokonkwo CD, Aniebue PN, Onoka CA, Agu AP, Sufiyan MB, Ogbonnaya L. Patients’ satisfaction with HIV and AIDS care in Anambra State, Nigeria. PloS one. 2018;13(10):e0206499. Epub 2018/10/27. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0206499 30365560