1. Ramankutty N, Foley JA. Estimating historical changes in global land cover: Croplands from 1700 to 1992. Global Biogeochemical Cycles. 1999; 13(4): 997–1028.
2. Vitousek PM, Mooney HA, Lubchenco J, Melillo JM. Human domination of Earth’s ecosystems. Science. 1997; 277(15 July): 494–499.
3. Kasperson JX, Kasperson RE, Turner BL. Regions at risk: exploring environmental criticality. Environment: Science and Policy for Sustainable Development. 1996 Dec 1; 38(10):4–29.
4. Lambin EF. Land-use and land-cover Change (LUCC)-implementation strategy. A core project of the International Geosphere-Biosphere Programme and the International Human Dimensions Programme on Global Environmental Change. 1999.
5. Young A. Is there really spare land? A critique of estimates of available cultivable land in developing countries. Environment, Development and Sustainability. 1999 Mar 1; 1(1):3–18.
6. Grűbler A. Technology. In: Changes in Land Use and Land Cover: A Global Perspective (eds. Meyer W.B. and Turner B.L.), Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, UK. 1994; pp 287–328.
7. Döös BR. Population growth and loss of arable land. Global Environmental Change. 2002 Dec 1; 12(4):303–311.
8. Dewan AM, Yamaguchi Y. Land use and land cover change in Greater Dhaka, Bangladesh: Using remote sensing to promote sustainable urbanization. Applied geography. 2009 Jul 1; 29(3):390–401.
9. Jat MK, Garg PK, Khare D. Modelling of urban growth using spatial analysis techniques: a case study of Ajmer city (India). International Journal of Remote Sensing. 2008 Jan 1; 29(2):543–67.
10. Mubarak FA. Urban growth boundary policy and residential suburbanization: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Habitat International. 2004; (28): 567–591.
11. Abdullah F. Alqurashi, Lalit Kumar. An assessment of the impact of urbanization and land use changes in the fast-growing cities of Saudi Arabia. Geocarto International. 2019; 34(1): 78–97, doi: 10.1080/10106049.2017.1367423
12. Municipality of Al-Ahsa. Al-Ahsa Creative City of crafts and folk art. A Member of United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNICECO) Creative Cities Network since 2015. https://unesco.alhasa.gov.sa/En/Details.aspx?ArticleID=3138. 2018.
13. Gharaibeh ES, Haimour NM, Akash BA. Evaluation of current municipal solid waste practice and management for Al-Ahsa, Saudi Arabia. Int. J. of Sustainable Water and Environmental System. 2011; 2(2):103–110.
14. Abdelatti H, Elhadary Y, Babiker AA. Nature and Trend of Urban Growth in Saudi Arabia: The Case of Al-Ahsa Province–Eastern Region. Resources and Environment. 2017; 7(3):69–80.
15. Al-Shayaa MS, Baig MB, Straquadine GS. Agricultural extension in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: Difficult present and demanding future. J. Anim. Plant Sci. 2012; (22): 239–246.
16. Al-Harbi K. Monitoring of agricultural area trend in Tabuk region–Saudi Arabia using Landsat TM and SPOT data. The Egyptian Journal of Remote Sensing and Space Science. 2010; (13): 37–42.
17. Al Harbi K. Discovering and detecting agricultural change in Eastern Tabuk—Saudi Arabia, using remote sensing technique. Kuwaiti Geographic Society. 2003; 283.
18. Belaid M. Urban-rural land use change detection and analysis using GIS and RS technologies. In Proceedings of the 2nd FIG regional conference, December 2003 Dec 2 (pp. 2–5).
19. Valta-Hulkkonen K, Kanninen A, Pellikka P. Remote sensing and GIS for detecting changes in the aquatic vegetation of a rehabilitated lake. International Journal of Remote Sensing. 2004 Dec 1; 25(24):5745–5758.
20. Trung NH, van Mensvoort ME, Bregt AK. Application of GIS in land-use planning: A case study in the coastal Mekong Delta of Vietnam. International Journal of Geoinformatics. 2007; 3(4): 1–8.
21. Appiah D, Schröder D, Forkuo E, Bugri J. Application of geo-information techniques in land use and land cover change analysis in a peri-urban district of Ghana. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information. 2015 Sep; 4(3): 1265–1289.
22. Rawat JS, Kumar M. Monitoring land use/cover change using remote sensing and GIS techniques: A case study of Hawalbagh block, district Almora, Uttarakhand, India. The Egyptian Journal of Remote Sensing and Space Science. 2015 Jun 1; 18(1): 77–84.
23. Al-Tahir AAS. Al-Hassa: geographic study (1st edition). A-Hussainy Modern Press, Al-Hassa, Eastern Province, KSA. 1999.
24. Elhadary YA, Al-Omair AA. Indicators and Causes of Rural Settlement Changes in Saudi Arabia: Alhasa Province in the Eastern District as Case Study. Journal of the Gulf and Arabian Peninsula Studies.Gulf and Arabian Peninsula Studies. 2014; (155), 40.
25. Salih A. Classification and mapping of land cover types and attributes in Al-Ahsaa Oasis, Eastern Region, Saudi Arabia Using Landsat-7 Data. J. Remote Sensing & GIS. 2018; 7: 228. doi: 10.4172/2469-4134.1000228
26. Rahman A, Alghannam O, Alhajhoj MR, Al-Qahtnai. Impact of Vegetation Cover on Urban and Rural Areas of Arid Climates. AJAE. 2012; (3): 1–5.
27. Al-Zara I, Abdullah Elemental Composition of Groundwater and Spring Waters in Al-Ahsa Oasis, Eastern Region Saudi Arabia. Trends in Applied Sciences Research. 2011; 6 (1): 1–18.
28. WAKUTI Studies for the Project of Irrigation and Drainage in Al-Hassa: Study on Present Condition. Westf Lohrstrass 15, West Germany. 1964; 2(1).
29. Leichtweiss Institute. The Water Potential of the Al-Hassa Oasis. 1979; LBID Publication No. 38.
30. MAW, Ministry of Agriculture and Water. Water Atlas of Saudi Arabia. Prepared by MAW in Cooperation with the Saudi Arabian-United States Joint Commission Economic Cooperation, Riyadh, KSA. 1984.
31. Rajab ZA. Al-Hassa Oasis: A Study in Its Water Resources and Their Effects on Rural Land Utilization. Alwalla Modern Press, Egypt.1990.
32. Almadini AM. Estimating leaching requirements for main crops in Al-Hassa oasis and its role in water and environmental conservation. Alexandria Science Exchange Journal. 2006; 27: 322–333.
33. Albisher AA, Almadini AM. Evaluation of spatial and temporal changes in the concentration of nitrates in major agricultural channels of Al-Hassa oasis, Saudi Arabia. Egyptian J. of Appl. Sci.2010; 25(4a): 19–32.
34. Almadini AM, El-Garawany MM, Al-Omran AA. Evaluation of soil salinity and soil fertility at Al-Hassa oasis, KSA. Final report of research project no. At-25-30, funded by King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology (KACST), Riyadh, KSA. 2012.
35. Alkuwaiti KA, Aldhufar MS, Syeed Ahmed SM. The role of irrigation and drainage project at Al-Ahssa on the conservation of Al-Ahssa oasis during period of the custodian of the tow Holly Mosques. A paper presented in the conference of "The Development of Water and Agricultural Resources during the Reigning of King Fahad the Custodian of the Two Holly Mosques", Organized by King Faisal University, Al-Hassa, KSA. 2002.
36. Almadini AM, El-Garawany MM, Abdel-Atti M. Evaluating the soil properties of the agricultural and veterinary training and research station at KFU and estimating its quality and production capability. Final Report of Project No. 8089, Funded by Deanship of Scientific Research, KFU, KSA. 2007.
37. Bastiaanssen W, Wilmink S, Obando EB, Leclert L. Mapping and assessment by remote sensing of the prevailing agro-hydrological and soil salinity conditions in the Al Hassa Oasis, Saudi Arabia. Project UTF/SAU/012 Sustainable development for Irrigation Agriculture in Al Hassa, performed under assignment of the Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) of the United Nations for the Hassa Irrigation and Drainage Authority (HIDA), KSA. 2011.
38. Adler-Golden SM., Matthew MW, Bernstein LS, Levine RY, Berk A, Richtsmeier SC, et al. Atmospheric correction for shortwave spectral imagery based on MODTRAN4. In Imaging Spectrometry. International Society for Optics and Photonics. 1999; (3753): 61–70.
39. Ahmad A, Shaun Q. Analysis of maximum likelihood classification on multispectral data. Applied Mathematical Sciences. 2012; 6 (129): 6425–6436.
40. Story M, Congalton RG. Accuracy assessment: a user’s perspective. Photogrammetric Engineering and remote sensing. 1986; 52 (3): 397–9.
41. Almutairi A, Warner TA. Change detection accuracy and image properties: a study using simulated data. Remote Sensing. 2010; 2 (6):1508–29.
42. Alqarni S, Babiker A, Salih A. Detection, Mapping and Assessment Change in Urban and Croplands Area in Al-Hassa Oasis, Eastern Region in Saudi Arabia Using Remote Sensing and Geographic Information System. Journal of Geographic Information System. 2018; 10: 659–685.
43. Al-Jabr MA. Agriculture in Al-Hassa oasis, Saudi Arabia: A review of development. Unpublished MSc Thesis, the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Durham, UK. 1984.
44. Barakat A, Ouargaf Z, Khellouk R, El Jazouli A, Touhami F. Land use/land cover change and environmental impact assessment in béni-mellal district (morocco) using remote sensing and gis. Earth Systems and Environment. 2019 Apr 1; 3(1):113–25.
45. Zeng N, Neelin JD, Lau KM, Tucker CJ. Enhancement of interdecadal climate variability in the Sahel by vegetation interaction. Science. 1999 Nov 19; 286 (5444):1537–1540. doi: 10.1126/science.286.5444.1537 10567254
46. Barbier EB. Links between economic liberalization and rural resource degradation in the developing regions. Agricultural economics. 2000 Sep; 23(3): 299–310.
47. Le-Xiang QI, Hai-Shan CU, Chang J. Impacts of land use and cover change on land surface temperature in the Zhujiang Delta. Pedosphere. 2006 Dec 1; 16(6): 681–689.
48. Trotter L, Dewan A, Robinson T. Effects of rapid urbanisation on the urban thermal environment between 1990 and 2011 in Dhaka Megacity, Bangladesh. AIMS Environmental Science. 2017; 4(1):145–67.
49. Buyadi Siti Nor Afzan, Wan Mohd Naim Wan Mohd, Alamah Misni. Impact of Land Use Changes on the Surface Temperature Distribution of Area Surrounding the National Botanic Garden, Shah Alam. In: Procedia—Social and Behavioral Sciences 101 entitled: "Quality of Life in the Built and Natural Environment", AicQoL 2013 Langkawi AMER International Conference on Quality of Life Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi, Malaysia, 6–7. 2013; pp. 516–525.
50. Erb KH. Land-use indicators. In: International Encyclopedia of the Social and Behavioral Sciences (second edition), Editor-in-Chief: James D. Wright, Elsevier, 2015; pp. 238–244.
51. Al-Hussaini YA. The use of multi-temporal Landsat TM imagery to detect land cover/use changes in Al-Hassa, Saudi Arabia. Scientific Journal of King Faisal University (Basic and Applied Sciences). 2005; 6(1): 1426.
52. Lambin EF, Geist HJ, Lepers E. Dynamics of land-use and land-cover change in tropical regions. Annual review of environment and resources. 2003 Nov; 28(1): 205–241.