1. Smith-Rohrberg Maru D, Schwarz R, Basu S, Sharma A, Moore C. Turning a blind eye: the mobilization of radiology services in resource-poor regions. Globalization Health. 2010. doi: 10.1186/1744-8603-6-18 20946643
2. Ngoya PS, Muhogora WE, Pitcher RD. Defining the diagnostic divide: an analysis of registered radiological equipment resources in a low-income African country. Pan Afr M J. 2016. doi: 10.11604/pamj.2016.25.99.9736 28292062
3. Mollura DJ, Lungren MP, editors. Radiology in Global Health: Strategies, Implementation, and Applications. New York: Springer; 2014.
4. World Health Organization. Diagnostic Imaging. Geneva: WHO 2019. [Cited 2 April 2019]. http://www.who.int/diagnostic_imaging/en/
5. World Health Organisation. Telemedicine: opportunities and developments in Member States: report on the second global survey on eHealth (Global Observatory for eHealth Series, 2). 2010. https://www.who.int/goe/publications/ehealth_series_vol2/en/
6. Kawooya MG. Training for Rural Radiology and Imaging in Sub-Saharan Africa: Addressing the Mismatch Between Services and Population. J Clin Imaging Sci. 2012. doi: 10.4103/2156-7514.97747 22919551
7. Halton J, Kosack C, Spijker S, Joekes E, Andronikou S, Chetcuti K et al. Teleradiology usage and user satisfaction with the telemedicine system operated by Médecins Sans Frontières. Front. Public Health. 2014. doi: 10.3389/fpubh.2014.00202 25389524
8. Spijker S, Andronikou S, Kosack C. Quality Assessment of X-rays interpreted via teleradiology for Médecins Sans Frontières. J telemed Telecare. 2014. doi: 10.1177/1357633X14524153 24518926
9. Kim YS. Telemedicine in the U.S.A. with focus on clinical applications and issues. Yonsei Med J. 2004. doi: 10.3349/ymj.2004.45.5.761 15515185
10. Zennaro F, Oliveira Gomes JA, Casalino A, Lonardi M, Starc M, Paoletti P et al. Digital Radiology to Improve the Quality of Care in Countries with Limited Resources: A Feasibility Study from Angola. PLoS ONE. 2013. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0073939 24086301
11. Tesfalul M, Littman-Quinn R, Antwi C, Ndlovu S, Motsepe D, Phuthego M et al. Evaluating the potential impact of a mobile telemedicine system on coordination of specialty care for patients with complicated oral lesions in Botswana. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2016. doi: 10.1093/jamia/ocv140 26510877
12. Médecins Sans Frontières. Access to healthcare, mortality and violence in Democratic Republic of the Congo. Internal MSF report: unpublished; 2012.
13. Médecins Sans Frontières. Shattered lives: Immediate medical care for victims of sexual violence. (2009) [Cited 2 April 2019] https://www.msf.org.uk/…/Shattered_lives_2nd_Ed_June_2009_200907153112.pdf
14. Médecins Sans Frontières. Food, nutrition and mortality situation of IDPs in Dubie, Katanga, March 2006. Internal MSF report: unpublished; 2006.
15. Médecins Sans Frontières. Ituri: “Civilians still the first victims”- Permanence of sexual violence and impact of military operations. (2007) [Cited 2 April 2019] https://www.msf.or.jp/library/pressreport/pdf/200710Ituri_GB.pdf
16. Médecins Sans Frontières. MMRdata 2009to2019.2HQ DRC NKivu Mweso CD012. Internal MSF data: unpublished; 2019.
17. Guyatt GH, Tugwell PX, Feeny DH, Drummond MF, Haynes RB. The role of before-after studies of therapeutic impact in the evaluation of diagnostic technologies. J Chronic Dis. 1986; 39(4):295–304. doi: 10.1016/0021-9681(86)90051-2 3958116
18. Meads CA, Davenport CF. Quality assessment of diagnostic before-after studies: development of methodology in the context of a systematic review. BMC Med Res Methodol. 2009. doi: 10.1186/1471-2288-9-3 19152699
19. World Health Organisation. Improving the diagnosis and treatment of smear-negative pulmonary and extra-pulmonary tuberculosis among adults and adolescents. Recommendations for HIV prevalent and resource constrained settings. 2007. https://www.who.int/hiv/pub/tb/pulmonary/en/
20. World Health Organisation. Chest Radiography in Tuberculosis Detection. Summary of current WHO recommendations and guidance on programmatic approaches. 2016. https://www.who.int/tb/publications/chest-radiography/en/
21. Le Doare K, Barker CIS, Irwin A, Sharland M. Improving antibiotic prescribing for children in the resource-poor setting. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2015. doi: 10.1111/bcp.12320 24433393
22. Coccolini F, Kluger Y, Ansaloni L, Moore EE, Coimbra R, Fraga GP et al. WSES worldwide emergency general surgery formation and evaluation project. World J Emerg Surg. 2018. doi: 10.1186/s13017-018-0174-5 29563962