1. Churchwell JS, Zhang KS, Saleh JH. Epidemiology of helicopter accidents: Trends, rates, and covariates. Reliab Eng Syst Safe. 2018;180:373–84.
2. Saleh JH, Ray AT, Zhang KS, Churchwell JS. Maintenance and inspection as risk factors in helicopter accidents: Analysis and recommendations. PLOS One. 2019;14(2):e0211424. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0211424 30707734
3. Herrera I, Håbrekke S, Krakenes T, Hokstad P, Forseth U. Helicopter Safety Study 3. Trondheim, Norway: SINTEF Technology and Society; 2010. Report No. A15753. https://www.sintef.no/globalassets/upload/teknologi_og_samfunn/sikkerhet-og-palitelighet/rapporter/sintef-a15753-helicopter-safety-study-3-_hss-3_-main-report.pdf.
4. Kråkenes T, Evjemo TE, Håbrekke S, Hoem ÅS. Helicopter Safety Study 3b. Trondheim, Norway: SINTEF Technology and Society; 2017. Report No. 2017:00079. https://www.sintef.no/globalassets/sintef-teknologi-og-samfunn/rapporter-sintef-ts/report-hss-3b-en-final-04-07-2015.pdf.
5. Hokstad P, Jersin E, Sten T. A risk influence model applied to North Sea helicopter transport. Reliab Eng Syst Safe. 2001;74(3):311–22.
6. Herrera IA, Hollnagel E, Håbrekke S. Proposing safety performance indicators for helicopter offshore on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. PSAM 10-Tenth Conference on Probabilistic Safety Assessment and Management; Seattle, WA, United States. 2010.
7. Vinnem J-E. Offshore Risk Assessment, Vol 2.: Principles, Modelling and Applications of QRA Studies: Springer; 2014.
8. Atkinson B, Irving P. An analysis of accidents Involving UK civil registered helicopters during the period 1976–1993. UK Civil Aviation Authority. 1995. Report No. CAA/913 V/14.
9. EHEST. EHEST Analysis of 2000–2005 European helicopter accidents. 2010. http://www.ihst.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=otpQvHG2N1k%3D&tabid=1797&language=en-US.
10. National Transportation Safety Board. Commercial Emergency Medical Service Helicopter Operations. 1988. Report No. NTSB/SS-88/01. http://libraryonline.erau.edu/online-full-text/ntsb/safety-studies/SS88-01.pdf.
11. National Transportation Safety Board. Special Investigation Report on Emergency Medical Services Operations. 2006. Report No. NTSB/SIR-06/01. https://www.ntsb.gov/safety/safety-studies/Documents/SIR0601.pdf.
12. Bledsoe BE, Smith MG. Medical helicopter accidents in the United States: a 10-year review. Journal of Trauma Acute Care Surgery. 2004;56(6):1325–9.
13. Blumen IJ. A Safety Review and Risk Assessment in Air Medical Transport: Supplement to the Air Medical Physician Handbook: Air Medical Physician Association; 2002.
14. Altman DG, Royston P. The cost of dichotomising continuous variables. BMJ. 2006;332(7549):1080. doi: 10.1136/bmj.332.7549.1080 16675816
15. Austin PC, Brunner LJ. Inflation of the type I error rate when a continuous confounding variable is categorized in logistic regression analyses. Statistics in Medicine. 2004;23(7):1159–78. doi: 10.1002/sim.1687 15057884
16. Hosmer DW, Lemeshow S, Sturdivant RX. Applied logistic regression 3rd edition: John Wiley & Sons; 2013.
17. Royston P, Altman DG. Regression using fractional polynomials of continuous covariates: parsimonious parametric modelling. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series C. 1994;43(3):429–53.
18. Hosmer DW, Lemeshow S. Applied logistic regression 2nd edition: John Wiley & Sons; 2000.
19. Stukel TA. Generalized logistic models. Journal of the American Statistical Association. 1988;83(402):426–31.
20. Fox RG. The history of helicopter safety. International helicopter safety symposium; Canada. 2005. p. 1–17.
21. Knecht W, Smith J. Effects of Training School Type and Examiner Type on General Aviation Flight Safety. 2012. Report No. DOT/FAA/AM-13/4. https://www.faa.gov/data_research/research/med_humanfacs/oamtechreports/2010s/media/201304.pdf.