1. Sayyed RZ, Gangurde NS, Chincholkar SB, Hypochlorite digestion method for efficient recovery of PHB from A. feacalis, Indian J Microbiol, 2009; 49:230–232. doi: 10.1007/s12088-009-0036-7 23100774
2. Gangurde NS, Patil YP, Jain R, Sayyed RZ, Poly-β-hydroxybutyrate biodegradation by mixed culture population vis-à-vis single culture population under varying environmental conditions: a new approach, Indian J Exp Biol, 2017; 55:311–320.
3. Wani SJ, Shaikh SS, Tabassum B, Thakur A, Gulati A, Stenotrophomonas sp. RZS7, a novel PHB degrader isolated from plastic contaminated soil in Shahada, Maharashtra, Western India, 3 Biotech, 2016; 6:179.
4. Wani SJ, Sayyed RZ, Production, efficient recovery and partial characterization of biodegradable polymer produced by soil Streptomyces, Indian J Biotechnol, 2016; 15: 127–129.
5. Gangurde NS, Sayyed RZ, Shashi K, Gulati A, Development of eco-friendly bioplastic like PHB from distillery effluent microorganisms, Env Sci Poll Res, 2013; 20:488–497.
6. Soam A, Singh A, Singh R, and Shahi S, Optimization of culture conditions for biopolymer producing Bacillus mycoides (wss2) bacteria from sewage. Curr Discov 2012; 1:27–32.
7. Kumar MS, Mudliar SN, Reddy KMK, Chakraborti T, Production of Biodegradable Plastic from Activated Sludge Generated from the Food Processing Industrial Wastewater Treatment Plant, Biores Technol, 2004; 95:327–330.
8. Sudesh K, Abe H, Doi Y, Synthesis and properties of polyhydroxyalkanoates: biological polyesters. Progress in Polym Sci, 2000; 25:1503–1555.
9. Jendrossek D and Handrick R, Microbial degradation of polyhydroxyalkanoates. Ann. Rev Microbiol 2002; 56:403–432.
10. Iyer S, Shah R, Sharma A, Jendrossek D, Desai A, Purification of Aspergillus fumigatus (Pdf1) poly(β-hydroxybutyrate) (PHB) depolymerase using a new, single-step substrate affinity chromatography method: characterization of the PHB depolymerase exhibiting novel self-aggregation behavior. J Polym Environ 2000; 8:197–203.
11. Sadocco PS, Nocerino E, Dubini-Paglia A, Seres EG, Characterization of a poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) depolymerase from Aureobacterium saperdae: Active site and kinetics of hydrolysis studies. J Environ Polym Degrad 1997; 5:57–65.
12. Papaneophytou CP, Pantazaki AA, Kyriakidis DA, An extracellular polyhydroxybutyrate depolymerase in thermus thermophilus hb8. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol, 2009; 83:659–668. doi: 10.1007/s00253-008-1842-2 19214501
13. Hsu KJ, Tseng M, Don TM, Yang MK, Biodegradation of Poly(β-hydroxybutyrate) by a novel isolate of Streptomyces bangladeshensis 77T-4. Bot Stud, 2012; 53:307–313.
14. Han JS, Kim MN, Purification and characterization of extracellular Poly (3-hydroxybutyrate) Depolymerase from Penicillium simplicissimum LAR13. The J Microbiol, 2002; 40:20–25.
15. Kobayashi T, Sugiyama A, Kawase Y, Saito T, Mergaert J, Swings J, Biochemical and genetic characterization of an extracellular Poly(3-Hydroxybutyrate) depolymerase from Acidovorax sp. strain TP4. J Env Pol Deg 1999; 7:9–18.
16. Kim HJ, Nam JS, Bae KS, Rhee YH, Characterization of an extracellular medium-chain length poly (3-hydroxyalkanoate) depolymerase from Streptomyces sp. KJ-72, Antony van Leeuwenhoek 2003; 83:183–189.
17. Lucas N, Bieniame C, Belloy C, Queneudec M, Silvestre F, Nava-Saucedo JE, Polymer biodegradation: mechanisms and estimation techniques. Chemosphere 2008; 73:429–442. doi: 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2008.06.064 18723204
18. Sudesh K, Abe H, Doi Y, Synthesis and properties of polyhydroxyalkanoates: biological polyesters. Prog Polym Sci, 2000; 25:1503–1555.
19. Wani SJ, Shaikh SS, Sayyed RZ, Medium optimization for PHB depolymerase production by Stenotrophomonas maltophilia using Plackett Burman design & response surface methodology. Intntl J of Scientific & Engg Res, 2015; 6:818–829.
20. Lowry OH, Rosebrough NJ, Farr AL and Randall RJ, Protein measurement with the Folin phenol reagent. J Biol Chem; 1951, 193:265–275. 14907713
21. Liang W, Wenfu Z, Xiaojuan W, Xianyu C, Guo QC, Kaitian X, Processability Modifications of Poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) by Plasticizing, Blending, and Stabilizing. J Appl Poly Sci, 2008; 107:166–173.
22. Law JH, Slepecky W, Assay of poly-β-hydroxbutyric acid. J Bacteriol, 1960; 82:33–36.
23. Dalev PG, Patil RD, Mark JE, Vassileva E, Fakirao S, Biodegradation of chemically modified gelatin film in soil. J Applied Poly Sci, 2000; 78:1341–1347.
24. Mustafa K, Helen BJ, Don M, Quantitative determination of the biodegradable polymer Poly β hydroxybutyrate in a recombinant E. coli strain by use of Mid infrared spectroscopy and multivariative statistics. Appl and Env Microbiol, 2000; 66(8): 3415–3420.
25. Gebauer B, Jendrossek D, Assay of poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) depolymerase activity and product determination. Appl Environ Microbiol, 2006; 72: 6094–6100. doi: 10.1128/AEM.01184-06 16957234
26. Nehal T, Ujjval T, Patel KC, Biosynthesis of medium chain length poly(3-hydroxyalkanoates) (mcl-PHAs) by Comamonas testosterone during cultivation on vegetable oils. Biores Technol, 2005; 96:1843–1850.
27. Parker RE, Continuous distribution: tests of significance. In: Parker RE(ed) Introductory statistics for biology, 2nd Edn; 1979; Cambridge University Press, London, pp 18–42.
28. Zhou H, Wang Z, Chen S, Liu D, Xia H, Purification and characterization of extracellular poly(β-hydroxybutyrate) depolymerase from Penicillium sp. DS9701-D2. Polymer-Plastics Technol Engg, 2008; 48: 58–63.
29. Shivakumar S, Jagadish SJ, Zatakia H, Dutta J, Purification, characterization and kinetic studies of a novel poly (β) hydroxybutyrate (PHB) depolymerase PhaZ Pen from Penicillium citrinum S2. Appl Biochem and Biotechnol, 2011; 164: 1225–1236.
30. Shah AA, Hasan F, Hameed A, Ahmed S, Isolation and characterization of poly (3-hydroxybutyrate-co-3-hydroxy valerate) degrading actinomycetes and purification of PHBV depolymerase from newly isolated Streptoverticillium kashmirense AF1. Annals of Microbiol 2007;57: 583–588
31. Kim DY, Yun JH, Kim HW, Bae KS, Rhee YH, Purification and characterization of poly (3-hydroxybutyrate) depolymerase from a fungal isolate, Emericellopsis minima W2. J Microbiol 2002; 40: 129–133.
32. Varda M, Nishith D, Darshan M, Production and evaluation of microbial plastic for its degradation capabilities. J Environ Res Develop, 2014; 8(4): 934–940.
33. McLafferty FW, Turecek F, Interpretation of mass spectra Fourth edition. University Science Books, Mill Valley, California, 1993; pp 211–216.
34. Wennan H, Weidong T, Guang Z, Guo QC, Zengming Z, Production of novel polyhydroxyalkanoates by Pseudomonas stutzeri 1317 from glucose and soybean oil. FEMS Microbiol Lett, 1998; 169: 45–49.
35. Gautam N, Kaur I, Soil burial biodegradation studies of starch grafted polyethylene and identification of Rhizobium meliloti therefrom. J Env Chem and Ecotoxicol, 2013; 5(6):147–158.
36. Calabia BP, Tokiwa Y, A novel PHB depolymerase from a thermophilic Streptomyces sp. Biotechnol Lett, 2006; 28:383–388. doi: 10.1007/s10529-005-6063-5 16614903