1. WHO Mother-to-child transmission of HIV. 2019. Retrieved from https://www.who.int/hiv/topics/mtct/about/en/ on 04/07/2019
2. Avert. Prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT) of HIV. 2019. Retrieved from https://www.avert.org/professionals/hiv-programming/prevention/prevention-mother-child on 04/07/2019.
3. WHO 2016. WHO recommendations on antenatal care for a positive pregnancy experience. 2016 WHO Press, Geneva, Switzerland.
4. Ghana AIDS Commission 2017. National and Sub-National HIV and AIDS Estimates and Projections: 2017 Report. Ghana AIDS Commission, Accra.
5. Mahande MJ, Phimemon RN, Ramadhani HO. Factors associated with changes in uptake of HIV testing among young women (aged 15–24) in Tanzania from 2003 to 2012. Infectious diseases of poverty. 2016;5(1):92. doi: 10.1186/s40249-016-0180-3 27595846
6. Gunn JK, Asaolu IO, Center KE, Gibson SJ, Wightman P, Ezeanolue EE, et al. Antenatal care and uptake of HIV testing among pregnant women in sub‐Saharan Africa: a cross‐sectional study. Journal of the International AIDS Society. 2016;19(1):20605. doi: 10.7448/IAS.19.1.20605 26787516
7. Ejigu Y, Tadesse B. HIV testing during pregnancy for prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV in Ethiopia. PloS one. 2018;13(8):e0201886. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0201886 30092104
8. Ghana Statistical Service (GSS), Ghana Health Service (GHS), and ICF Macro. Ghana Demographic and Health Survey. Accra, Ghana: GSS, GHS, and ICF Macro. 2009
9. Ghana Statistical Service (GSS), Ghana Health Service (GHS), and ICF International. 2015. Ghana Demographic and Health Survey 2014. Rockville, Maryland, USA: GSS, GHS, and ICF International. 2015
10. UNAIDS 2017. Start Free Stay Free AIDS Free: 2017 progress report. Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS, Geneva, Switzerland. 2017.
11. The DHS Program (n. d.). Who we are. Retrieved from https://www.dhsprogram.com/Who-We-Are/About-Us.cfm on 19th June, 2019.
12. Muyunda B, Musonda P, Mee P, Todd J, Michelo C. Educational Attainment as a Predictor of HIV Testing Uptake Among Women of Child-Bearing Age: Analysis of 2014 Demographic and Health Survey in Zambia. Frontiers in public health. 2018;6
13. Nwachukwu CE, Odimegwu C. Regional patterns and correlates of HIV voluntary counselling and testing among youths in Nigeria. African journal of reproductive health. 2011;15(2).
14. Sambah F, Hajan JE Jr, Mintah JK, Hormenu T, Ahinkorah BO, Schack T, et al. Determinants of HIV Testing and Counseling Utilization among Trainee Nurses and Midwives in Central Region of Ghana.2019
15. Sambah F, Hormenu T, Ahinkorah BO, Hajan JE Jr, Schack T. Nurses/Midwifery Trainees’ Knowledge, Attitudes and Utilisation of HIV Testing/Counselling Service in the Central Region of Ghana. Journal of Health Science. 2018;6:449–60.
16. Navaneetham K, Dharmalingam A. Utilization of maternal health care services in Southern India. Social science & medicine. 2002;55(10):1849–69.
17. Strecher VJ, Rosenstock IM. The health belief model. Cambridge handbook of psychology, health and medicine. 1997;113:117.
18. Navaneetham K, Dharmalingam A. Utilization of maternal health care services in Southern India. Social science & medicine. 2002;55(10):1849–69.
19. Kuhnt J, Vollmer S. Antenatal care services and its implications for vital and health outcomes of children: evidence from 193 surveys in 69 low-income and middle-income countries. BMJ open. 2017;7(11):e017122. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2017-017122 29146636
20. Kowalczyk J., Jolly P., Karita E., Nibarere J. A., Vyankandondera J., & Salihu H. Voluntary counseling and testing for HIV among pregnant women presenting in labor in Kigali, Rwanda. Journal of acquired immune deficiency syndromes 2002, 31(4), 408–415. doi: 10.1097/00126334-200212010-00007 12447012
21. Udoh E. E., & Ushie B. A. Determinants of antenatal HIV testing in the opt-out approach in Nigeria: findings from the Nigerian Demographic and Health Survey. Journal of biosocial science,2019; 1–18.
22. Karamagi CA, Tumwine JK, Tylleskar T, Heggenhougen K. Antenatal HIV testing in rural eastern Uganda in 2003: incomplete rollout of the prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV programme?. BMC international health and human rights. 2006;6(1):6.
23. Ghana AIDS commission. HIV fact sheet 2018. Accra, Ghana: Ghana AIDS commission; 2018 http://ghanaids.gov.gh/gac1/pubs/GAC%20FACT%20SHEET%202018.pdf