1. ChoudhryS, TaubM, MeiR, Rodriguez-SantanaJ, Rodriguez-CintronW, et al. (2008) Genome-wide screen for asthma in Puerto Ricans: evidence for association with 5q23 region. Hum Genet 123: 455–468.
2. DeWanAT, TricheEW, XuX, HsuLI, ZhaoC, et al. (2010) PDE11A associations with asthma: results of a genome-wide association scan. J Allergy Clin Immunol 126: 871–e879, 871-873, e879.
3. GudbjartssonDF, BjornsdottirUS, HalapiE, HelgadottirA, SulemP, et al. (2009) Sequence variants affecting eosinophil numbers associate with asthma and myocardial infarction. Nat Genet 41: 342–347.
4. HancockDB, RomieuI, ShiM, Sienra-MongeJJ, WuH, et al. (2009) Genome-wide association study implicates chromosome 9q21.31 as a susceptibility locus for asthma in mexican children. PLoS Genet 5: e1000623.
5. HimesBE, HunninghakeGM, BaurleyJW, RafaelsNM, SleimanP, et al. (2009) Genome-wide association analysis identifies PDE4D as an asthma-susceptibility gene. Am J Hum Genet 84: 581–593.
6. HuiJ, OkaA, JamesA, PalmerLJ, MuskAW, et al. (2008) A genome-wide association scan for asthma in a general Australian population. Hum Genet 123: 297–306.
7. KimSH, ChoBY, ParkCS, ShinES, ChoEY, et al. (2009) Alpha-T-catenin (CTNNA3) gene was identified as a risk variant for toluene diisocyanate-induced asthma by genome-wide association analysis. Clin Exp Allergy 39: 203–212.
8. MathiasRA, GrantAV, RafaelsN, HandT, GaoL, et al. (2010) A genome-wide association study on African-ancestry populations for asthma. J Allergy Clin Immunol 125: 336–e334, 336-346, e334.
9. MoffattMF, GutIG, DemenaisF, StrachanDP, BouzigonE, et al. (2010) A large-scale, consortium-based genomewide association study of asthma. N Engl J Med 363: 1211–1221.
10. MoffattMF, KabeschM, LiangL, DixonAL, StrachanD, et al. (2007) Genetic variants regulating ORMDL3 expression contribute to the risk of childhood asthma. Nature 448: 470–473.
11. OberC, TanZ, SunY, PossickJD, PanL, et al. (2008) Effect of variation in CHI3L1 on serum YKL-40 level, risk of asthma, and lung function. N Engl J Med 358: 1682–1691.
12. SleimanPM, FloryJ, ImielinskiM, BradfieldJP, AnnaiahK, et al. (2010) Variants of DENND1B associated with asthma in children. N Engl J Med 362: 36–44.
13. WeidingerS, GiegerC, RodriguezE, BaurechtH, MempelM, et al. (2008) Genome-wide scan on total serum IgE levels identifies FCER1A as novel susceptibility locus. PLoS Genet 4: e1000166.
14. HirotaT, TakahashiA, KuboM, TsunodaT, TomitaK, et al. (2011) Genome-wide association study identifies three new susceptibility loci for adult asthma in the Japanese population. Nat Genet
15. TorgersonDG, AmplefordEJ, ChiuGY, GaudermanWJ, GignouxCR, et al. (2011) Meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies of asthma in ethnically diverse North American populations. Nat Genet
16. NoguchiE, SakamotoH, HirotaT, OchiaiK, ImotoY, et al. (2011) Genome-Wide Association Study Identifies HLA-DP as a Susceptibility Gene for Pediatric Asthma in Asian Populations. PLoS Genet 7: e1002170.
17. ManolioTA, CollinsFS, CoxNJ, GoldsteinDB, HindorffLA, et al. (2009) Finding the missing heritability of complex diseases. Nature 461: 747–753.
18. EmilssonV, ThorleifssonG, ZhangB, LeonardsonAS, ZinkF, et al. (2008) Genetics of gene expression and its effect on disease. Nature 452: 423–428.
19. SchadtEE, MolonyC, ChudinE, HaoK, YangX, et al. (2008) Mapping the genetic architecture of gene expression in human liver. PLoS Biol 6: e107.
20. TeslovichTM, MusunuruK, SmithAV, EdmondsonAC, StylianouIM, et al. (2010) Biological, clinical and population relevance of 95 loci for blood lipids. Nature 466: 707–713.
21. HaoK, SchadtEE, StoreyJD (2008) Calibrating the performance of SNP arrays for whole-genome association studies. PLoS Genet 4: e1000109.
22. MontgomerySB, DermitzakisET (2011) From expression QTLs to personalized transcriptomics. Nat Rev Genet 12: 277–282.
23. MurphyA, ChuJH, XuM, CareyVJ, LazarusR, et al. (2010) Mapping of numerous disease-associated expression polymorphisms in primary peripheral blood CD4+ lymphocytes. Hum Mol Genet 19: 4745–4757.
24. NicolaeDL, GamazonE, ZhangW, DuanS, DolanME, et al. (2010) Trait-associated SNPs are more likely to be eQTLs: annotation to enhance discovery from GWAS. PLoS Genet 6: e1000888.
25. TranL, ZhangB, ZhangZ, ZhangC, XieT, et al. (2011) Inferring Causal Genomic Alterations in Breast Cancer Using Gene Expression Data. BMC Systems Biology 5: 121.
26. ZhuJ, ZhangB, SmithEN, DreesB, BremRB, et al. (2008) Integrating large-scale functional genomic data to dissect the complexity of yeast regulatory networks. Nat Genet 40: 854–861.
27. BosséY, HudsonTJ (2007) Toward a comprehensive set of asthma susceptibility genes. Annu Rev Med 58: 171–184.
28. SharanR, UlitskyI, ShamirR (2007) Network-based prediction of protein function. Mol Syst Biol 3: 88.
29. BisgaardH, BonnelykkeK, SleimanPM, BrasholtM, ChawesB, et al. (2009) Chromosome 17q21 gene variants are associated with asthma and exacerbations but not atopy in early childhood. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 179: 179–185.
30. FerreiraMA, McRaeAF, MedlandSE, NyholtDR, GordonSD, et al. (2010) Association between ORMDL3, IL1RL1 and a deletion on chromosome 17q21 with asthma risk in Australia. Eur J Hum Genet
31. GalanterJ, ChoudhryS, EngC, NazarioS, Rodriguez-SantanaJR, et al. (2008) ORMDL3 gene is associated with asthma in three ethnically diverse populations. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 177: 1194–1200.
32. HalapiE, GudbjartssonDF, JonsdottirGM, BjornsdottirUS, ThorleifssonG, et al. (2010) A sequence variant on 17q21 is associated with age at onset and severity of asthma. Eur J Hum Genet 18: 902–908.
33. MadoreAM, TremblayK, HudsonTJ, LapriseC (2008) Replication of an association between 17q21 SNPs and asthma in a French-Canadian familial collection. Hum Genet 123: 93–95.
34. SleimanPM, AnnaiahK, ImielinskiM, BradfieldJP, KimCE, et al. (2008) ORMDL3 variants associated with asthma susceptibility in North Americans of European ancestry. J Allergy Clin Immunol 122: 1225–1227.
35. TavendaleR, MacgregorDF, MukhopadhyayS, PalmerCN (2008) A polymorphism controlling ORMDL3 expression is associated with asthma that is poorly controlled by current medications. J Allergy Clin Immunol 121: 860–863.
36. WuH, RomieuI, Sienra-MongeJJ, LiH, del Rio-NavarroBE, et al. (2009) Genetic variation in ORM1-like 3 (ORMDL3) and gasdermin-like (GSDML) and childhood asthma. Allergy 64: 629–635.
37. VerlaanDJ, BerlivetS, HunninghakeGM, MadoreAM, LariviereM, et al. (2009) Allele-specific chromatin remodeling in the ZPBP2/GSDMB/ORMDL3 locus associated with the risk of asthma and autoimmune disease. Am J Hum Genet 85: 377–393.
38. LluisA, SchedelM, LiuJ, IlliS, DepnerM, et al. (2011) Asthma-associated polymorphisms in 17q21 influence cord blood ORMDL3 and GSDMA gene expression and IL-17 secretion. J Allergy Clin Immunol 127: 1587–e1586, 1587-1594, e1586.
39. SaekiN, KuwaharaY, SasakiH, SatohH, ShiroishiT (2000) Gasdermin (Gsdm) localizing to mouse Chromosome 11 is predominantly expressed in upper gastrointestinal tract but significantly suppressed in human gastric cancer cells. Mamm Genome 11: 718–724.
40. SaekiN, UsuiT, AoyagiK, KimDH, SatoM, et al. (2009) Distinctive expression and function of four GSDM family genes (GSDMA-D) in normal and malignant upper gastrointestinal epithelium. Genes Chromosomes Cancer 48: 261–271.
41. Huang daW, ShermanBT, LempickiRA (2009) Systematic and integrative analysis of large gene lists using DAVID bioinformatics resources. Nat Protoc 4: 44–57.
42. SekiY, InoueH, NagataN, HayashiK, FukuyamaS, et al. (2003) SOCS-3 regulates onset and maintenance of T(H)2-mediated allergic responses. Nat Med 9: 1047–1054.
43. MoriwakiA, InoueH, NakanoT, MatsunagaY, MatsunoY, et al. (2011) T cell treatment with small interfering RNA for suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 modulates allergic airway responses in a murine model of asthma. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 44: 448–455.
44. HernandezDG, NallsMA, MooreM, ChongS, DillmanA, et al. (2012) Integration of GWAS SNPs and tissue specific expression profiling reveal discrete eQTLs for human traits in blood and brain. Neurobiol Dis 47: 20–28.
45. MusunuruK, StrongA, Frank-KamenetskyM, LeeNE, AhfeldtT, et al. (2010) From noncoding variant to phenotype via SORT1 at the 1p13 cholesterol locus. Nature 466: 714–719.