1. Grogan M, Smith HC, Gersh BJ et al. Left ventricular dysfunction due to atrial fibrillation in patients initially believed to have idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy. Am J Cardiol 1992; 69(19): 1570–1573.
2. Raymond RJ, Lee AJ, Messineo FC et al. Cardiac performance early after cardioversion from atrial fibrillation. Am Heart J 1998; 136(3): 435–442.
3. Luchsinger JA, Steinberg JS. Resolution of cardiomyopathy after ablation of atrial flutter. J Am Coll Cardiol 1998; 32(1): 205–210.
4. Cruz FE, Cheriex EC, Smeets JL et al. Reversibility of tachycardia-induced cardiomyopathy after cure of incessant supraventricular tachycardia. J Am Coll Cardiol 1990; 16(3): 739–744.
5. Jaggarao NS, Nanda AS, Daubert JP. Ventricular tachycardia induced cardiomyopathy: improvement with radiofrequency ablation. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 1996; 19(4 Pt 1): 505–508.
6. Chugh SS, Shen WK, Luria DM et al. First evidence of premature ventricular complex-induced cardiomyopathy: a potentially reversible cause of heart failure. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 2000; 11(3): 328–329.
7. Whipple GH, Sheffield LT, Woodman EG et al. Reversible congestive heart failure due to chronic rapid stimulation of the normal heart. Proc N Engl Cardiovasc Soc 1962; 20: 39–40.
8. O’Brien PJ, Ianuzzo CD, Moe GW et al. Rapid ventricular pacing of dogs to heart failure: biochemical and physiological studies. Can J Physiol Pharmacol 1990; 68(1): 34–39.
9. Spinale FG, Clayton C, Tanaka R et al. Myocardial Na+, K(+)- ATPase in tachycardia induced cardiomyopathy. J Mol Cell Cardiol 1992; 24(3): 277–294.
10. Calderone A, Bouvier M, Li K et al. Dysfunction of the beta and alpha-adrenergic systems in a model of congestive heart failure. The pacing-overdrive dog. Circ Res 1991; 69(2): 332–343.
11. Perreault CL, Shannon RP, Komamura K et al. Abnormalities in intracellular calcium regulation and contractile function in myocardium from dogs with pacing-induced heart failure. J Clin Invest 1992; 89(3): 932–938.
12. Damiano jr. RJ, Tripp jr. HF, Asano T et al. Left ventricular dysfunction and dilatation resulting from chronic supraventricular tachycardia. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 1987; 94(1): 135–143.
13. Kajstura J, Zhang X, Liu Y et al. The cellular basis of pacing-induced dilated cardiomyopathy. Myocyte cell loss and myocyte cellular reactive hypertrophy. Circulation 1995; 92(8): 2306–2317.
14. Spinale FG, Grine RC, Tempel GE et al. Alterations in the myocardial capillary vasculature accompany tachycardia-induced cardiomyopathy. Basic Res Cardiol 1992; 87(1): 65–79.
15. Ohno M, Cheng CP, Little WC. Mechanism of altered patterns of left ventricular filling during the development of congestive heart failure. Circulation 1994; 89(5): 2241–2250.
16. Tibayan FA, Lai DT, Timek TA et al. Alterations in left ventricular torsion in tachycardia-induced dilated cardiomyopathy. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2002; 124(1): 43–49.
17. Zellner JL, Spinale FG, Eble DM et al. Alterations in myocyte shape and basement membrane attachment with tachycardia-induced heart failure. Circ Res 1991; 69(3): 590–600.
18. Riegger AJ, Liebau G. The renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system, antidiuretic hormone and sympathetic nerve activity in an experimental model of congestive heart failure in the dog. Clin Sci (Lond) 1982; 62(5): 465–469.
19. Howard RJ, Stopps TP, Moe GW et al. Recovery from heart failure: structural and functional analysis in a canine model. Can J Physiol Pharmacol 1988; 66(12): 1505–1512.
20. Tomita M, Spinale FG, Crawford FA et al. Changes in left ventricular volume, mass, and function during the development and regression of supraventricular tachycardia-induced cardiomyopathy. Disparity between recovery of systolic versus diastolic function. Circulation 1991; 83(2): 635–644.
21. Stewart S, Hart CL, Hole DJ et al. A population-based study of the long-term risks associated with atrial fibrillation: 20-year follow-up of the Renfrew/Paisley study. Am J Med 2002; 113(5): 359–364.
22. Chiladakis JA, Vassilikos VP, Maounis TN et al. Successful radiofrequency catheter ablation of automatic atrial tachycardia with regression of the cardiomyopathy picture. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 1997; 20(4 Pt 1): 953–959.
23. Baman TS, Lange DC, Ilg KJ et al. Relationship between burden of premature ventricular complexes and left ventricular function. Heart Rhythm 2010; 7(7): 865–869.
24. Deyell MW, Park KM, Han Y et al. Predictors of recovery of left ventricular dysfunction after ablation of frequent ventricular premature depolarizations. Heart rhythm 2012; 9(9): 1465–1472.
25. Gossage AM, Braxton Hicks JA. On auricular fibrillation. QJ Med 1913; 6(4): 435–440.