1. ZhangC, WangSH, LasburyME, TschangD, LiaoCP, et al. (2006) Toll-like receptor 2 mediates alveolar macrophage response to Pneumocystis murina. Infect Immun 74: 1857–1864.
2. VillamonE, GozalboD, RoigP, O'ConnorJE, FradeliziD, et al. (2004) Toll-like receptor-2 is essential in murine defenses against Candida albicans infections. Microbes Infect 6: 1–7.
3. TaylorPR, TsoniSV, WillmentJA, DennehyKM, RosasM, et al. (2007) Dectin-1 is required for beta-glucan recognition and control of fungal infection. Nat Immunol 8: 31–38.
4. GantnerBN, SimmonsRM, CanaveraSJ, AkiraS, UnderhillDM (2003) Collaborative induction of inflammatory responses by dectin-1 and Toll-like receptor 2. J Exp Med 197: 1107–1117.
5. GrossO, GewiesA, FingerK, SchaferM, SparwasserT, et al. (2006) Card9 controls a non-TLR signalling pathway for innate anti-fungal immunity. Nature 442: 651–656.
6. XuS, HuoJ, LeeKG, KurosakiT, LamKP (2009) Phospholipase Cgamma2 is critical for Dectin-1-mediated Ca2+ flux and cytokine production in dendritic cells. J Biol Chem 284: 7038–7046.
7. GrossO, PoeckH, BscheiderM, DostertC, HannesschlagerN, et al. (2009) Syk kinase signalling couples to the Nlrp3 inflammasome for anti-fungal host defence. Nature 459: 433–436.
8. ZhuLL, ZhaoXQ, JiangC, YouY, ChenXP, et al. (2013) C-type lectin receptors Dectin-3 and Dectin-2 form a heterodimeric pattern-recognition receptor for host defense against fungal infection. Immunity 39: 324–334.
9. MullinNP, HitchenPG, TaylorME (1997) Mechanism of Ca2+ and monosaccharide binding to a C-type carbohydrate-recognition domain of the macrophage mannose receptor. J Biol Chem 272: 5668–5681.
10. InoueM, MoriwakiY, ArikawaT, ChenYH, OhYJ, et al. (2011) Cutting edge: critical role of intracellular osteopontin in antifungal innate immune responses. J Immunol 186: 19–23.
11. DennehyKM, FerwerdaG, Faro-TrindadeI, PyzE, WillmentJA, et al. (2008) Syk kinase is required for collaborative cytokine production induced through Dectin-1 and Toll-like receptors. Eur J Immunol 38: 500–506.
12. FerwerdaG, Meyer-WentrupF, KullbergBJ, NeteaMG, AdemaGJ (2008) Dectin-1 synergizes with TLR2 and TLR4 for cytokine production in human primary monocytes and macrophages. Cell Microbiol 10: 2058–2066.
13. BrownGD, HerreJ, WilliamsDL, WillmentJA, MarshallAS, et al. (2003) Dectin-1 mediates the biological effects of beta-glucans. J Exp Med 197: 1119–1124.
14. GringhuisSI, den DunnenJ, LitjensM, van Het HofB, van KooykY, et al. (2007) C-type lectin DC-SIGN modulates Toll-like receptor signaling via Raf-1 kinase-dependent acetylation of transcription factor NF-kappaB. Immunity 26: 605–616.
15. GoodridgeHS, ReyesCN, BeckerCA, KatsumotoTR, MaJ, et al. (2011) Activation of the innate immune receptor Dectin-1 upon formation of a ‘phagocytic synapse’. Nature 472: 471–475.
16. XuS, HuoJ, GunawanM, SuIH, LamKP (2009) Activated dectin-1 localizes to lipid raft microdomains for signaling and activation of phagocytosis and cytokine production in dendritic cells. J Biol Chem 284: 22005–22011.
17. InoueM, ShinoharaML (2011) Intracellular osteopontin (iOPN) and immunity. Immunol Res 49: 160–172.
18. ShinoharaML, KimHJ, KimJH, GarciaVA, CantorH (2008) Alternative translation of osteopontin generates intracellular and secreted isoforms that mediate distinct biological activities in dendritic cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105: 7235–7239.
19. SuzukiK, TakeyamaS, KikuchiT, YamadaS, SodekJ, et al. (2005) Osteoclast responses to lipopolysaccharide, parathyroid hormone and bisphosphonates in neonatal murine calvaria analyzed by laser scanning confocal microscopy. J Histochem Cytochem 53: 1525–1537.
20. GonnordP, BlouinCM, LamazeC (2012) Membrane trafficking and signaling: two sides of the same coin. Semin Cell Dev Biol 23: 154–164.