1. HarveyWT, SalvatoP (2003) ‘Lyme disease’: ancient engine of an unrecognized borreliosis pandemic? Med Hypotheses 60: 742–759.
2. JohnsonL, StrickerRB (2004) Treatment of Lyme disease: a medicolegal assessment. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 2: 533–557.
3. StrickerRB, JohnsonL (2011) Lyme disease: The next decade. Infect Drug Resist 4: 1–9.
4. StrickerRB, JohnsonL (2010) Lyme disease diagnosis and treatment: Lessons from the AIDS epidemic. Minerva Med 101: 419–425.
5. SteereAC, TaylorE, McHughGL, LogigianEL (1993) The overdiagnosis of Lyme disease. JAMA 269: 1812–1816.
6. DresslerF, WhalenJA, ReinhardtBN, SteereAC (1993) Western blotting in the serodiagnosis of Lyme disease. J Infect Dis 167: 392–400.
7. WormserGP, DattwylerRJ, ShapiroED, et al. (2006) The clinical assessment, treatment, and prevention of Lyme disease, Human Granulocytic Anaplasmosis, and Babesiosis: Clinical practice guidelines by the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Clin Infect Dis 41: 1089–1134.
8. FederHMJr, JohnsonBJ, O'ConnellS, ShapiroED, SteereAC, WormserGP (2007) Ad Hoc International Lyme Disease Group (2007) A critical appraisal of ‘chronic Lyme disease’. N Engl J Med 357: 1422–30.
9. JohnsonL, AylwardA, StrickerRB (2011) Healthcare access and burden of care for patients with Lyme disease: a large United States survey. Health Policy 102: 64–71.
10. StrickerRB, JohnsonL (2011) The pain of chronic Lyme disease: moving the discourse backward? FASEB J 25: 4085–7.
11. BurrascanoJJ (1993) The overdiagnosis of Lyme disease. JAMA 270: 2682.
12. CameronD, GaitoA, HarrisN, et al. (2004) Evidence-based guidelines for the management of Lyme disease. Expert Rev Anti-Infect Ther 2(1 Suppl): S1–13.
13. StrickerRB, LautinA (2003) The Lyme Wars: time to listen. Expert Opin Investig Drugs 12: 1609–1614.
14. KullbergBJ, BerendeA, van der MeerJW (2011) The challenge of Lyme disease: tired of the Lyme wars. Neth J Med 69: 98–100.
15. Hinckley A, Connally N, Meek J, Johnson BJ, Kemperman M, et al.. (2013) TickNET: A survey of testing practices for Lyme disease by large commercial laboratories –United States, 2008. Presented at the 13th International Conference on Lyme Borreliosis and other Tick-Borne Diseases, Boston, MA, August 19, 2013. Available: http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/assets/pdf/BK211782914.pdf.
16. Hook S, Nelson C, Mead P (2013) Self-reported Lyme disease diagnosis, treatment, and recovery: Results from 2009, 2011, & 2012 HealthStyles nationwide surveys. Presented at the 13th International Conference on Lyme Borreliosis and other Tick-Borne Diseases, Boston, MA, August 19, 2013. Available: http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/assets/pdf/BK211780914.pdf.
17. Nelson C, Saha S, Shankar M, Kugeler K, Hinckley A, et al.. (2013) Epidemiology and clinical characteristics of Lyme disease diagnosed by health care providers: Results from a large national database study. Presented at the 13th International Conference on Lyme Borreliosis and other Tick-Borne Diseases, Boston, MA, August 19, 2013. Available: http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/assets/pdf/BK211781914.pdf.
18. CairnsV, GodwinJ (2005) Post-Lyme borreliosis syndrome: a meta-analysis of reported symptoms. Int J Epidemiol 34: 1340–1345.
19. PhillipsSE, BurrascanoJJ, HorowitzR, SavelyVR, StrickerRB (2006) Lyme disease testing. Lancet Infect Dis 6: 122.
20. StrickerRB (2007) Counterpoint: long-term antibiotic therapy improves persistent symptoms associated with Lyme disease. Clin Infect Dis 45: 149–57.
21. BerndtsonK (2013) Review of evidence for immune evasion and persistent infection in Lyme disease. Int J Gen Med 6: 291–306.
22. StrickerRB, JohnsonL (2013) Persistent infection in chronic Lyme disease: does form matter? Res J Infect Dis 1: 2.
23. MiklossyJ (2012) Chronic or late Lyme neuroborreliosis: analysis of evidence compared to chronic or late neurosyphilis. Open Neurol J 6: 146–157.
24. LjøstadU, MyglandÅ (2013) Chronic Lyme; diagnostic and therapeutic challenges. Acta Neurol Scand Suppl 196: 38–47.
25. Liegner K (2012) Valley views: Major initiative needed to fight tick-borne infections. Poughkeepsie Journal, August 21, 2012. Available: http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/article/20120822/OPINION04/308220005/Valley-Views-Major-initiative-needed-fight-tick-borne-infections.
26. Viswanathan M, Carey TS, Belinson SE, et al.. (2013) Identifying and managing nonfinancial conflicts of interest for systematic reviews. Methods Research Report. AHRQ Publication No. 13-EHC085-EF. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; May 2013. Available: www.effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/reports/final.cfm.
27. JohnsonL, StrickerRB (2010) The Infectious Diseases Society of America Lyme guidelines: a cautionary tale about development of clinical practice guidelines. Philos Ethics Humanit Med 5: 9.
28. JohnsonL, StrickerRB (2010) Final report of the Lyme Disease Review Panel of the Infectious Diseases Society of America: A Pyrrhic victory? Clin Infect Dis 51: 1108–1109.
29. SapiE, KaurN, AnyanwuS, LueckeDF, DatarA, et al. (2011) Evaluation of in-vitro antibiotic susceptibility of different morphological forms of Borrelia burgdorferi. Infect Drug Resist 4: 97–113.
30. SapiE, PabbatiN, DatarA, DaviesEM, RattelleA, et al. (2013) Improved culture conditions or the growth and detection of Borrelia from human serum. Int J Med Sci 10: 362–376.
31. NolteO (2012) Nucleic acid amplification based diagnostic of Lyme (neuro-)borreliosis - Lost in the jungle of methods, targets, and assays? Open Neurol J 6: 129–139.
32. StrickerRB, DelongAK, GreenCL, SavelyVR, ChamallasSN, et al. (2011) Benefit of intravenous antibiotic therapy in patients referred for treatment of neurologic Lyme disease. Int J Gen Med 4: 639–646.
33. DontaST (2012) Issues in the diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease. Open Neurol J 6: 140–145.
34. StrickerRB (2008) Lymerix® risks revisited. Microbe 3: 1–2.
35. MarksDH (2011) Neurological complications of vaccination with outer surface protein A (OspA). Int J Risk Saf Med 23: 89–96.
36. CohenJ (2013) AIDS research. More woes for struggling HIV vaccine field. Science 340: 667.