1. GranoffA, CamePE, BreezeDC (1966) Viruses and renal carcinoma of Rana pipiens. I. The isolation and properties of virus from normal and tumor tissue. Virology 29: 133–148.
2. ChincharVG, HyattA, MiyazakiT, WilliamsT (2009) Family Iridoviridae: poor viral relations no longer. Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 328: 123–170.
3. Jancovich JK, Chinchar VG, Hyatt A, Miyazaki T, Williams T (2012) Family Iridoviridae. In: King AMQ, Adams MJ, Carstens EB, Lefkowitz EJ, editors. Virus taxonomy: classification and nomenclature of viruses. Ninth report of the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses. Amsterdam: Elsevier. pp. 193–210.
4. ChincharVG, YuKH, JancovichJK (2011) The molecular biology of frog virus 3 and other iridoviruses infecting cold-blooded vertebrates. Viruses 3: 1959–1985.
5. RothenburgS, ChincharVG, DeverTE (2011) Characterization of a ranavirus inhibitor of the antiviral protein kinase PKR. BMC Microbiol 11: 56.
6. SampleR, BryanL, LongS, MajjiS, HoskinsG, et al. (2007) Inhibition of iridovirus protein synthesis and virus replication by antisense morpholino oligonucleotides targeted to the major capsid protein, the 18 kDa immediate-early protein, and a viral homolog of RNA polymerase II. Virology 358: 311–320.
7. ChenG, WardBM, YuKH, ChincharVG, RobertJ (2011) Improved knockout methodology reveals that Frog virus 3 mutants lacking either the 18K immediate-early gene or the truncated vIF-2 alpha gene are defective for replication in vivo. J Virol 85: 11131–11138.
8. JancovichJK, JacobsBL (2011) Innate immune evasion mediated by the Ambystoma tigrinum virus eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2 alpha homologue. J Virol 85: 5061–5069.
9. RobertJ, CohenN (2011) The genus Xenopus as a multispecies model for evolutionary and comparative immunobiology of the 21st century. Dev Comp Immunol 35: 916–923.
10. GrayferL, AndinoF, ChenG, ChincharVG, RobertJ (2012) Immune evasion strategies of ranaviruses and innate immune responses to these emerging pathogens. Viruses 4: 1075–1092.
11. AndinoF, ChenG, LiZ, GrayferL, RobertJ (2012) Susceptibility of Xenopus laevis tadpoles to infection by the ranavirus Frog virus 3 correlates with a reduced and delayed innate immune response in comparison with adult frogs. Virology 432: 435–443.
12. RobertJ (2010) Emerging ranaviral infectious diseases and amphibian decline. Diversity and Distributions 2: 314–330.
13. MoralesHD, AbramowitzL, GertzJ, SowaJ, VogelA, et al. (2010) Innate immune responses and permissiveness to ranavirus infection of peritoneal leukocytes in the frog Xenopus laevis. J Virol 84: 4912–4922.
14. HuangY, HuangX, LiuH, GongJ, OuyangZ, et al. (2009) Complete sequence determination of a novel reptile iridovirus isolated from soft-shelled turtle and evolutionary analysis of Iridoviridae. BMC Genomics 10: 224.
15. JohnsonAJ, PessierAP, WellehanJF, ChildressA, NortonTM, et al. (2008) Ranavirus infection of free-ranging and captive box turtles and tortoises in the United States. J Wildl Dis 44: 851–863.
16. JancovichJJ, DavidsonEW, MoradoJF, JacobsBL, CollinsJP (1997) Isolation of a lethal virus from the endangered tiger salamander Ambystoma tigrinum stebbinsi. Dis Aquat Org 31: 161–167.
17. CunninghamAA, LangtonTE, BennettPM, LewinJF, DrurySE, et al. (1996) Pathological and microbiological findings from incidents of unusual mortality of the common frog (Rana temporaria). Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 351: 1539–1557.
18. GreenDE, ConverseKA, SchraderAK (2002) Epizootiology of sixty-four amphibian morbidity and mortality events in the USA 1996–2001. Ann N Y Acad Sci 969: 323–339.
19. GrayMJ, MillerDL, HovermanJT (2009) Ecology and pathology of amphibian ranaviruses. Dis Aquat Organ 87: 243–266.
20. WhittingtonRJ, BeckerJA, DennisMM (2010) Iridovirus infections in finfish - critical review with emphasis on ranaviruses. J Fish Dis 33: 95–122.
21. Prasankok P, Chutmongkonkul M, Kanchanakhan S (2005) Characterization of iridovirus isolated from diseased marbled sleepy goby, Oxyeleotris marmoratus. In: Walker PJ, Lester RG, Bondad-Reantaso M, editors. Diseases in Asian Aquaculture V. Manila: Asian Fisheries Society.
22. MillerD, GrayM, StorferA (2011) Ecopathology of ranaviruses infecting amphibians. Viruses 3: 2351–2373.
23. ZhouZY, GengY, LiuXX, RenSY, ZhouY (2013) Characterization of a ranavirus isolated from Chinese giant salamander (Andrias davidianus, Blanchard, 1871) in China. Aquaculture 384: 66–73.