1. Sadjadi A, Nouraie M, Mohagheghi MA et al. Cancer occurrence in Iran in 2002, an international perspective. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2005; 6 (3): 359–363.
2. Cooper DS, Doherty GM, Haugen BR et al. Revised American Thyroid Association management guidelines for patients with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid cancer. Thyroid 2009; 19 (11): 1167–1214. doi: 10.1089/thy.2009.0110.
3. Morris LG, Sikora AG, Tosteson TD et al. The increasing incidence of thyroid cancer: the influence of access to care. Thyroid 2013; 23 (7): 885–891. doi: 10.1089/thy.2013.0045.
4. Chow SM, Law SC, Au SK et al. Differentiated thyroid carcinoma: comparison between papillary and follicular carcinoma in a single institute. Head Neck 2002; 24 (7): 670–677.
5. Enyioha C, Roman SA, Sosa JA. Central lymph node dissection in patients with papillary thyroid cancer: a population level analysis of 14,257 cases. Am J Surg 2013; 205 (6): 655–661.
6. Lee J, Yun MJ, Nam KH et al. Quality of life and effectiveness comparisons of thyroxine withdrawal, triiodothyronine withdrawal, and recombinant thyroid-stimulating hormone administration for low-dose radioiodine remnant ablation of differentiated thyroid carcinoma. Thyroid 2010; 20 (2): 173–179. doi: 10.1089/thy.2009. 0187.
7. Cohen O, Dabhi S, Karasik A et al. Compliance with follow-up and the informative value of diagnostic whole-body scan in patients with differentiated thyroid carcinoma given recombinant human TSH. Eur J Endocrinol 2004; 150 (3): 285–290.
8. Tagay S, Herpertz S, Langkafel M et al. Health-related quality of life, anxiety and depression in thyroid cancer patients under short-term hypothyroidism and TSH-suppressive levothyroxine treatment. Eur J Endocrinol 2005; 153 (6): 755–763.
9. Botella-Carretero JI, Gal JM, Caballero C et al. Quality of life and psychometric functionality in patients with differentiated thyroid carcinoma. Endocr Relat Cancer. Soc Endocrinology 2003; 10 (4): 601–610.
10. Crevenna R, Zettinig G, Keilani M et al. Quality of life in patients with non-metastatic differentiated thyroid cancer under thyroxine supplementation therapy. Support Care Cancer 2003; 11 (9): 597–603.
11. Trijsburg RW, Van Knippenberg FC, Rijpma SE. Effects of psychological treatment on cancer patients: a critical review. Psychosom Med 1992; 54 (4): 489–517.
12. Newell SA, Sanson-Fisher RW, Savolainen NJ. Systematic review of psychological therapies for cancer patients: overview and recommendations for future research. J Natl Cancer Inst 2002; 94 (8): 558–584.
13. Dagan T, Bedrin L, Horowitz Z et al. Quality of life of well-differentiated thyroid carcinoma patients. J Laryngol Otol 2004; 118 (7): 537–542.
14. Dow KH, Ferrell BR, Anello C. Quality of life changes in patients with thyroid cancer after withdrawal of thyroid hormone therapy. Thyroid 1997; 7 (4): 613–619.
15. Dow KH, Ferrell BR, Anello C. Balancing demands of cancer surveillance among survivors of thyroid cancer. Cancer Pract 1996; 5 (5): 289–295.
16. Davis JD, Tremont G. Neuropsychiatric aspects of hypothyroidism and treatment reversibility. Minerva Endocrinol 2007; 32 (1): 49–65.
17. Eustatia-Rutten CF, Corssmit EP, Pereira AM et al. Quality of life in longterm exogenous subclinical hyperthyroidism and the effects of restoration of euthyroidism, a randomized controlled trial. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 2006; 64 (3): 284–291.
18. Dow KH, Lafferty P. Quality of life, survivorship, and psychosocial adjustment of young women with breast cancer after breast-conserving surgery and radiation therapy. Oncol Nurs Forum 2000; 27 (10): 1555–1564.
19. The WHOQOL Group. The development of the World Health Organization quality of life assessment instrument (the WHOQOL). In: Orley J, Kuyken W (eds). Quality of life assessment: International perspectives. Heidelberg: Springer 1994: 41–57.
20. The WHOQOL Group. Development of the World Health Organization WHOQOL-BREF quality of life assessment. Psychol Med 1998; 28 (3): 551–558.
21. Ghassemzadeh H, Mojtabai R, Karamghadiri N et al. Psychometric properties of a Persian-language version of the Beck Depression Inventory – second edition: BDI-II-PERSIAN. Depress Anxiety 2005; 21 (4): 185–192.
22. Montazeri A, Vahdaninia M, Ebrahimi M et al. The Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale (HADS): translation and validation study of the Iranian version. Health Qual Life Outcomes 2003; 1 (1): 14.
23. Schroeder PR, Haugen BR, Pacini F et al. A comparison of short-term changes in health-related quality of life in thyroid carcinoma patients undergoing diagnostic evaluation with recombinant human thyrotropin compared with thyroid hormone withdrawal. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2006; 91 (3): 878–884.
24. Pacini F, Ladenson PW, Schlumberger M et al. Radioiodine ablation of thyroid remnants after preparation with recombinant human thyrotropin in differentiated thyroid carcinoma: results of an international, randomized, controlled study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2006; 91 (3): 926–932.
25. Lee JI, Kim SH, Tan AH et al. Decreased health-related quality of life in disease-free survivors of differentiated thyroid cancer in Korea. Heal Qual Life Outcomes 2010; 8: 101. doi: 10.1186/1477-7525-8-101.
26. Pacini F, Pinchera A. Serum and tissue thyroglobulin measurement: clinical applications in thyroid disease. Biochimie 1999; 81 (5): 463–467.
27. Hoftijzer HC, Heemstra KA, Corssmit EP et al. Quality of life in cured patients with differentiated thyroid carcinoma. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2008; 93 (1): 200–203.
28. Duntas LH, Biondi B. Short-term hypothyroidism after Levothyroxine-withdrawal in patients with differentiated thyroid cancer: clinical and quality of life consequences. Eur J Endocrinol 2007; 156 (1): 13–19.
29. Luster M, Felbinger R, Dietlein M et al. Thyroid hormone withdrawal in patients with differentiated thyroid carcinoma: a one hundred thirty-patient pilot survey on consequences of hypothyroidism and a pharmacoeconomic comparison to recombinant thyrotropin administration. Thyroid 2005; 15 (10): 1147–1155.
30. Ladenson PW, Braverman LE, Mazzaferri EL et al. Comparison of administration of recombinant human thyrotropin with withdrawal of thyroid hormone for radioactive iodine scanning in patients with thyroid carcinoma. N Engl J Med 1997; 337 (13): 888–896.
31. Meier CA, Braverman LE, Ebner SA et al. Diagnostic use of recombinant human thyrotropin in patients with thyroid carcinoma (phase I/II study). J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1994; 78 (1): 188–196.
32. Baldini IM, Vita A, Mauri MC et al. Psychopathological and cognitive features in subclinical hypothyroidism. Prog Neuropsychopharmacology Biol Psychiatry 1997; 21 (6): 925–935.
33. Monzanil F, Del Guerra P, Caracciol N et al. Subclinical hypothyroidism: neurobehavioral features and beneficial effect of L-thyroxine treatment. Clin Investig 1993; 71 (5): 367–371.