1. Prescott HC, Rice TW. Corticosteroids in COVID-19 ARDS: Evidence and Hope During the Pandemic. Jama 2020.
2. Sterne JAC, Murthy S, Diaz JV, Slutsky AS, Villar J, Angus DC, et al. Association Between Administration of Systemic Corticosteroids and Mortality Among Critically Ill Patients With COVID-19: A Meta‑analysis. Jama 2020.
3. Horby P, Lim WS, Emberson JR, Mafham M, Bell JL, Linsell L, et al. Dexamethasone in Hospitalized Patients with Covid-19 – Preliminary Report. The New England journal of medicine 2020.
4. Tomazini BM, Maia IS, Cavalcanti AB, Berwanger O, Rosa RG, Veiga VC, et al. Effect of Dexamethasone on Days Alive and Ventilator‑Free in Patients With Moderate or Severe Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome and COVID-19: The CoDEX Randomized Clinical Trial. Jama 2020.
5. Jeronimo CMP, Farias MEL, Val FFA, Sampaio VS, Alexandre MAA, Melo GC, et al. Methylprednisolone as Adjunctive Therapy for Patients Hospitalized With COVID-19 (Metcovid): A Randomised, Double‑Blind, Phase IIb, Placebo‑Controlled Trial. Clinical infectious diseases: an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America 2020.
6. Angus DC, Derde L, Al‑Beidh F, Annane D, Arabi Y, Beane A, et al. Effect of Hydrocortisone on Mortality and Organ Support in Patients With Severe COVID-19: The REMAP‑CAP COVID-19 Corticosteroid Domain Randomized Clinical Trial. Jama 2020.
7. Dequin PF, Heming N, Meziani F, Plantefève G, Voiriot G, Badié J, et al. Effect of Hydrocortisone on 21-Day Mortality or Respiratory Support Among Critically Ill Patients With COVID-19: A Randomized Clinical Trial. Jama 2020.
8. Cain DW, Cidlowski JA. After 62 years of regulating immunity, dexamethasone meets COVID-19. Nature reviews Immunology 2020; 20(10): 587–588.
9. Lu X, Chen T, Wang Y, Wang J, Yan F. Adjuvant corticosteroid therapy for critically ill patients with COVID-19. Critical care 2020; 24(1): 241.
10. Huang R, Zhu C, Jian W, Xue L, Li C, Yan X, et al. Corticosteroid therapy is associated with the delay of SARS‑CoV- 2 clearance in COVID-19 patients. European Journal of Pharmacology 2020: 173556.
11. D’Ardes D, Pontolillo M, Esposito L, Masciarelli M, Boccatonda A, Rossi I, et al. Duration of COVID-19: Data from an Italian Cohort and Potential Role for Steroids. Microorganisms 2020; 8(9).
12. Lee N, Allen Chan KC, Hui DS, Ng EK, Wu A, Chiu RW, et al. Effects of early corticosteroid treatment on plasma SARS‑associated Coronavirus RNA concentrations in adult patients. Journal of clinical virology: the official publication of the Pan American Society for Clinical Virology 2004; 31(4): 304–309.
13. Ma Y, Zeng H, Zhan Z, Lu H, Zeng Z, He C, et al. Corticosteroid Use in the Treatment of COVID-19: A Multicenter Retrospective Study in Hunan, China. Frontiers in pharmacology 2020; 11: 1198.
14. Bos LDJ, Brodie D, Calfee CS. Severe COVID-19 Infections‑Knowledge Gained and Remaining Questions. JAMA internal medicine 2020.
15. Bassetti M, Kollef MH, Timsit JF. Bacterial and fungal superinfections in critically ill patients with COVID-19. Intensive care medicine 2020.
16. Waterer GW, Rello J. Steroids and COVID-19: We Need a Precision Approach, Not One Size Fits All. Infectious diseases and therapy 2020: 1–5.
17. Akiyama S, Hamdeh S, Micic D, Sakuraba A. Prevalence and clinical outcomes of COVID- 19 in patients with autoimmune diseases: a systematic review and meta‑analysis. Annals of the rheumatic diseases 2020.
18. COVID-19 News and Information. [online]. Dostupné z: https://www.era‑edta. org/en/ covid-19-news‑and‑information/# toggle‑id- 1
19. Arulkumaran N, Snow TAC, Longobardo A, Brealey D, Singer M. Steroids in ARDS: more light is being shed. Intensive care medicine 2020: 1–3.