1. Kuller LH, Ockene JK, Townsend M et al. The epidemiology of pulmonary function and COPD mortality in the multiple risk factor intervention trial. Am Rev Respir Dis 1989; 140(3 Pt 2): S76-S81.
2. Sin DD, Man SF. Why are patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease at increased risk of cardiovascular diseases? The potential role of systemic inflammation in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Circulation 2003; 107(11): 1514–1519.
3. Malerba M, Montuschi P, Radaeli A et al. Role of beta-blockers in patients with COPD: current perspective. Drug Discov Today 2015; 20(11): 129–135.
4. Minor DS, Meyer AM, Long RC et al. β-Blockers and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: inappropriate avoidance? J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 2013; 15(12): 925–930.
5. McMurray JJ, Adamopoulos S, Anker SD et al. ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure 2012: The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Acute and Chronic Heart Failure 2012 of the European Society of Cardiology. Developed in collaboration with the Heart Failure Association (HFA) of the ESC. Eur Heart J 2012; 33(14): 1787–1847. Erratum in Eur Heart J 2013; 34(2): 158.
6. Salpeter S, Ormiston T, Salpeter E et al. Cardioselective beta-blockers for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2002; 2(2): CD003566.
7. Short PM, Lipworth SI, Elder DH et al. Effect of β blockers in treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a retrospective cohort study. BMJ 2011; 342: d2549. Dostupné z DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmj.d2549.
8. van der Woude HJ, Zaagsma J, Postma DS et al. Detrimental effects of β -blockers in COPD: a concern for nonselective β- blockers. Chest 2005; 127(3): 818–824.
9. Hawkins NM, MacDonald MR, Petrie MC et al. Bisoprolol in patients with heart failure and moderate to severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a randomized controlled trial. Eur J Heart Fail 2009; 11(7): 684–690.
10. Lin R, Peng H, Nguyen LP et al. Changes in beta 2-adrenoceptor and other signaling proteins produced by chronic administration of ‘beta-blockers’ in a murine asthma model. Pulm Pharmacol Ther 2008; 21(1): 115–124.
11. Ni Y, Shi G, Wan H. Use of cardioselective β-blockers in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a meta-analysis of randomized, placebo-controlled, blinded trials. J Int Med Res 2012; 40(6): 2051–2065.
12. Mentz RJ, Wojdyla D, Fiuzat M et al. Association of beta-blocker use and selectivity with outcomes in patients with heart failure and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (from OPTIMIZE-HF). Am J Cardiol 2013; 111(4): 582–587.
13. Kubota Y, Asai K, Furuse E et al. Impact of β-blocker selectivity on long-term outcomes in congestive heart failure patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 2015; 10(1): 515–523. Dostupné z DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2147/COPD.S79942.
14. Kotlyar E, Keogh AM, Macdonald PS et al. Tolerability of carvedilol in patients with heart failure and concomitant chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or asthma. J Heart Lung Transplant 2002; 21(12): 1290–1295.
15. Sirak TE, Jelic S, Le Jemtel TH. Therapeutic update: non-selective beta- and alpha-adrenergic blockade in patients with coexistent chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and chronic heart failure. J Am Coll Cardiol 2004; 44(3): 497–502.
16. Camsari A, Arikan S, Candan A et al. Metoprolol, a β-1 selective blocker, can be used safely in coronary artery disease patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Heart Vessels 2003; 18(4): 188–192.
17. Albouaini K, Andron M, Alahmar A et al. Beta-blockers use in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and concomitant cardiovascular conditions. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 2007; 2(4): 535–540.
18. Maffei A, Lembo G. Nitric oxide mechanisms of nebivolol. Ther Adv Cardiovasc Dis 2009; 3(4): 317–327.
19. Bhatt SP, Wells JM, Kinney GL et al. β-Blockers are associated with a reduction in COPD exacerbations. Thorax 2016;71(1):8–14; 207251. Dostupné z DOI: <http://dx.doi.org/doi:10.1136/thoraxjnl-2015–207251>.
20. Du Q, Sun Y, Ding N et al. Beta-blockers reduced the risk of mortality and exacerbation in patients with COPD: a meta-analysis of observational studies. PLoS One 2014; 9(1): e113048. Dostupné z DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0113048.
21. Rutten FH, Zuithoff NP, Hak E et al. Beta-blockers may reduce mortality and risk of exacerbations in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Arch Intern Med 2010; 170(10): 880–887.
22. Farland MZ, Peters CJ, Williams JD et al. β-Blocker use and incidence of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbations. Ann Pharmacother 2013; 47(5): 651–656.