1. Kehlet H. Organizing postoperative accelerated recovery programs. Reg Anesth 1996;21:149−51.
2. Adamina M, Kehlet H, Tomlinson GA, et al. Enhanced recovery pathways optimize health outcomes and resource utilization: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials in colorectal surgery. Surgery 2011;149:830−40.
3. Varadhan KK, Neal KR, Dejong CH, et al. The enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS) pathway for patients undergoing major elective open colorectal surgery: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Clin Nutr 2010;29:434−40.
4. Gustafsson UO, Scott MJ, Schwenk W, et al. Guidelines for perioperative care in elective colonic surgery: Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS(R)) Society recommendations. Clin Nutr 2012;31:783−800.
5. Nygren J, Thacker J, Carli F, et al. Guidelines for perioperative care in elective rectal/pelvic surgery: Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS(R)) Society recommendations. Clin Nutr 2012;31:80−16.
6. Hoch J, Blaha M, Maluskova D. [Colorectal cancer in the elderly] Czech, Rozhl Chir 2016;95:13−8.
7. Soreide K, Wijnhoven BP. Surgery for an ageing population. Br J Surg 2016;103:7−9.
8. Bagnall NM, Malietzis G, Kennedy RH, et al. A systematic review of enhanced recovery care after colorectal surgery in elderly patients. Colorectal Dis 2014;16:947−56.
9. Forsmo HM, Erichsen C, Rasdal A, et al. Enhanced recovery after colorectal surgery (ERAS) in elderly patients is feasible and achieves similar results as in younger patients. Gerontol Geriatr Med 2017;3:1−8.
10. Gonzalez-Ayora S, Pastor C, Guadalajara H, et al. Enhanced recovery care after colorectal surgery in elderly patients. Compliance and outcomes of a multicenter study from the Spanish working group on ERAS. Int J Colorectal Dis 2016;31:1625−31.
11. Kisialeuski M, Pedziwiatr M, Matlok M, et al. Enhanced recovery after colorectal surgery in elderly patients. Wideochir Inne Tech Maloinwazyjne 2015;10:30−6.
12. Pirrera B, Lucchi A, Gabbianelli C, et al. E.R.A.S. pathway in colorectal surgery in elderly: Our experience. Int J Surg 2017;43:101−6.
13. Gustafsson UO, Hausel J, Thorell A, et al. Adherence to the enhanced recovery after surgery protocol and outcomes after colorectal cancer surgery. Arch Surg 2011;146:571–7.
14. Audisio RA. Tailoring surgery to elderly patients with cancer. Br J Surg 2016;103:10–1.
15. Ryska O, Serclova Z, Antos F. [Compliance with the procedures of modern perioperative care (Enhanced Recovery After Surgery) at surgery departments in the Czech Republic – results of a national survey] Czech, Rozhl Chir 2013;92:435−42.
16. Brandstrup B, Tonnesen H, Beier-Holgersen R, et al. Effects of intravenous fluid restriction on postoperative complications: comparison of two perioperative fluid regimens: a randomized assessor-blinded multicenter trial. Ann Surg 2003;238:641−8.
17. Kocian P, Neumann J, Majtan P, et al. [Fluid therapy and surgical outcomes after low anterior resection] Czech, Rozhl Chir 2014;93:463−7.
18. Baek SJ, Kim SH, Kim SY, et al. The safety of a fast-track program after laparoscopic colorectal surgery is comparable in older patients as in younger patients. Surg Endosc 2013;27:1225−32.
19. Kahokehr AA, Sammour T, Sahakian V, et al. Influences on length of stay in an enhanced recovery programme after colonic surgery. Colorectal Dis 2011;13:594−9.
20. Keller DS, Lawrence JK, Nobel T, et al. Optimizing cost and short-term outcomes for elderly patients in laparoscopic colonic surgery. Surg Endosc 2013;27:4463−8.
21. Pawa N, Cathcart PL, Arulampalam TH, et al. Enhanced recovery program following colorectal resection in the elderly patient. World J Surg 2012;36:415−23.
22. Verheijen PM, Vd Ven AW, Davids PH, et al. Feasibility of enhanced recovery programme in various patient groups. Int J Colorectal Dis 2012;27:507−11.
23. Walter CJ, Watson JT, Pullan RD, et al. Enhanced recovery in major colorectal surgery: safety and efficacy in an unselected surgical population at a UK district general hospital. Surgeon 2011;9:259−64.