1. Mellin-Olsen, J., Staender, S., Whitaker, D. K., Smith, A. F. The Helsinky Declaration on Patient Safety in Anaesthesiology. Eur. J. Anaesthesiol., 2010, 27, 7, p. 592–597.
2. Khuri, S. F. et al. Determinants of Long-Term Survival After Major Surgery and the Adverse Effect of Postoperative Complications. Ann. Surg., 2005, 242, 3, p. 326–343.
3. Davenport, D. L. et al. Preoperative Risk Factors and Surgical Complexity Are More Predictive of Costs Than Postoperative Complications. Ann. Surg., 2005, 242, 2, p. 463–471.
4. Practice Guidelines for Postanesthetic Care. A Report by the American Society of Anesthesiologists Task Force on Postanesthetic Care. Anesthesiology, 2002, 96, 3, p. 742–752.
4. Vimláti, L., Gilsanz, F., Goldik, Z., Working Party on Post Anaesthesia Care (approved by the European Board and Section of Anaesthesiology, Union Europeenne des Medecins Specialistes) Quality and safety guidelines of postanaesthesia care. Eur. J. Anaesth., 2009, 26, 9, p. 715–721.
5. De Aguilar-Nascimento, J. E., Borges Dock-Nascimento, D. Reducing preoperative fasting time: A trend based onevidence. World J. Gastrointest. Surg., 2010, 2, 3, p. 57–60.
6. Søreide, E. et al. (Task Force on Scandinavian Pre-operative Fasting Guidelines, Clinical Practice Committee Scandinavian Society of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine) Pre-operative fasting guidelines: an update. Acta Anaesthesiol. Scand.,. 2005, 49, 8, p. 1041–1047.
7. Perioperative fasting in adults and children. An RCN Guideline for the Multidisciplinary Team. Royal College of Nursing: Londýn, 2005, 424 s. ISBN: 1-904114-20-2.
8. Practice Guidelines for Preoperative Fasting and the Use of Pharmacologic Agents to Reduce the Risk of Pulmonary Aspiration Application to Healthy Patiens Undergoing Elective Procedures. Anesthesiology, 2011, 114, 3, p. 495–511.