1. Nakhooda S, Caravani A, Neil Bird, Schalatek L (2011) Climate finance fundamentals: regional briefing for Sub Saharan Africa. Heinrich Böll Stiftung North America and the Overseas Development Institute (ODI). Available: http://www.odi.org.uk/resources/docs/7474.pdf. Accessed 4 December 2012.
2. African Development Bank (2011) The cost of adaptation to climate change in Africa. Available: http://www.afdb.org/fileadmin/uploads/afdb/Documents/Project-and-Operations/Cost%20of%20Adaptation%20in%20Africa.pdf. Accessed 4 December 2012.
3. WHO (2008) Global health risks: mortality and burden of disease attributable to selected major risks. Geneva: WHO.
4. ByassP (2009) Climate change and population health in Africa: where are the scientists? Glob Health Action 2 doi:10.3402/gha.v2i0.2065
5. HaySI, RogersDJ, RandolphSE, SternDI, CoxJ, et al. (2002) Hot topic or hot air? Climate change and malaria resurgence in East African highlands. Trends Parasitol 18: 530–534.
6. OmumboJA, WaweruSM, OmumboJA, LyonB, ThomsonMC, et al. (2011) Raised temperatures over the Kericho tea estates: revisiting the climate in the East African highlands malaria debate. Malar J 10: 12.
7. United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) (2011) African Climate Policy Centre. Climate change and health across Africa: issues and options. Working paper 20 November 2011. New York: UNECA.
8. GethingPW, SmithDL, PatilAP, TatemAJ, SnowRW, et al. (2010) Climate change and the global malaria recession. Nature 465: 342–345.
9. Nerlander L (2009) Commission on Climate and Development. Climate change and health. Available: http://www.ccdcomission.org. Accessed 4 December 2012.
10. FunkC, DettingerMD, MichaelsenJC, VerdinJP, BrownME, et al. (2008) Warming of the Indian Ocean threatens eastern and southern African food security but could be mitigated by agricultural development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105: 11081–11086.
11. Economic Report on Africa (2008) Africa and the Monterrey Consensus: tracking performance and progress. Development challenges for Africa in 2007. Chapter 3: New York: UNECA.
12. WHO Regional Committee for Africa (2011) Framework for public health adaptation to climate change in the Africa Region. Sixty-first session; Yamoussoukro, Côte d'Ivoire, 29 August–2 September 2011.
13. WHO UNEP (2011) Adaptation to climate change in Africa, plan of action for the health sector 2012–2016. Geneva: WHO.
14. Manga L, Bagayoko M, Meredith T, Neira M (2010) Overview of health considerations within National Adaptation programmes of Action for climate change in least developed countries and small island states. Available: http://www.who.int/phe/Health_in_NAPAs_final.pdf. Accessed 4 December 2012.
15. Adaptation partnership (2011) Review of current and planned adaptation action: Southern Africa. Available: http://www.adaptationpartnership.org/…/Southern_Africa_Adaptation. Accessed 4 December 2012.
16. Climate Funds Update (2012) Climate Funds Update website. Available: http://www.climatefundsupdate.org/. Accessed 4 December 2012.
17. Global Environmental Facility (2012) Least developed countries fund (LDCF). Available: http://www.thegef.org/gef/LDCF. Accessed 4 December 2012.
18. Chalabi Z, Kovats S (2011) MCA4climate: a practical framework for planning pro-development climate policies adaptation theme report: reducing human health impacts and risks. UNEP, 2011 Available: http://www.mca4climate.info. Accessed 4 December 2012.
19. WHO (2012) WHO work plan for climate change and human health. Available: http://www.who.int/globalchange/health_policy/who_workplan/en/index.html on 28 May 2012. Accessed 4 December 2012.
20. WHO and World Meteorological Organisation (2012) Atlas of health and climate. Geneva: WHO
21. HessJJ, McDowellJZ, LuberG (2012) Integrating climate change adaptation into public health practice: using adaptive management to increase adaptive capacity and build resilience. Environ Health Perspect 120: 171–179.
22. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Climate Change 2007: Working Group III: Mitigation of Climate Change. Available: http://www.ipcc.ch/publications_and_data/ar4/wg3/en/ch7s7-10.html. Accessed 4 December 2012.
23. HainesA, McMichaelAJ, SmithKR, RobertsI, WoodcockJ, et al. (2009) Public health benefits of strategies to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions: overview and implications for policy makers. Lancet 374: 2104–2114.
24. HainesA, WilkinsonP, TonneC, RobertsI (2009) Aligning climate change and public health policies. Lancet 374: 2035–2038.