1. FaragM, NandakumarA, WallackSS, GaumerG, HodgkinD (2009) Does funding from donors displace government spending for health in developing countries? Health Aff 28L: 1045–1055.
2. LuC, SchneiderMT, GubbinsP, Leach-KemonK, JamisonD, et al. (2010) Public financing of health in developing countries: a cross-national systematic analysis. Lancet 375: 1375–1387 doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(10)60233-4.
3. GargCC, EvansDB, DmytraczenkoT, Izazola-LiceaJ-A, TangcharoensathienV, et al. (2012) Study raises questions about measurement of ‘additionality,’ or maintaining domestic health spending amid foreign donations. Health Aff 31: 417–425.
4. BatnijiR, BendavidE (2012) Retraction: Does development assistance for health really displace government health spending? Reassessing the evidence. PLoS Med 9 (5) e1001214 doi:10.1371/journal.pmed.1001214.
5. RoodmanD (2012) Doubts about the evidence that foreign aid for health is displaced into non-health uses. Lancet 380: 972–973 doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(12)61529-3.
6. MurrayCJL (2012) Doubts about the evidence that foreign aid for health is displaced into non-health uses – author's reply. Lancet 380: 972–973 doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(12)61530-X.
7. RavishankarN, GubbinsP, CooleyRJ, Leach-KemonK, MichaudCM, et al. (2009) Financing of global health: tracking development assistance for health from 1990 to 2007. Lancet 373: 2113–2124 doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(09)60881-3.
8. Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (2009) Financing global health 2009: tracking development assistance for health. Seattle: IHME. http://www.healthmetricsandevaluation.org/publications/policy-report/financing-global-health-2009-tracking-development-assistance-health. Accessed 7 November 2012.
9. Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (2010) Financing global health 2010: development assistance and country spending in economic uncertainty. Seattle: IHME. http://www.healthmetricsandevaluation.org/publications/policy-report/financing_global_health_2010_IHME. Accessed 7 November 2012.
10. Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation. Financing Global Health 2011: Continued Growth as MDG Deadline Approaches. Seattle: IHME, 2011. http://www.healthmetricsandevaluation.org/publications/policy-report/financing-global-health-2011-continued-growth-mdg-deadline-approaches. Accessed 7 November 2012.
11. Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation. Global Health Data Exchanged. Available: http://www.healthmetricsandevaluation.org/ghdx/record/development-assistance-health-country-and-regional-recipient-level-database-1990-2009 and http://www.healthmetricsandevaluation.org/ghdx/record/development-assistance-health-database-1990-2009. Accessed 7 November 2012.
12. Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development. User's guide to the Creditor Reporting System (CRS) Aid Activities database. Available: http://www.oecd.org/dac/aidstatistics/usersguidetothecreditorreportingsystemcrsaidactivitiesdatabase.htm. Accessed 7 November 2012.
13. World Health Organization. World Health Statistics. WHO: Geneva. Available: http://apps.who.int/gho/data/. Accessed 7 November 2012.
14. International Monetary Fund. Government Financial Statistics. Available: http://www.imf.org/external/data.htm#data. Accessed 7 November 2012.
15. International Monetary Fund. IMF Surveillance. Available: http://www.imf.org/external/np/exr/facts/surv.htm. Accessed 7 November 2012.
16. FlaxmanAD, FullmanN, OttenMWJr, MenonM, CibulskisRE, et al. (2010) Rapid scaling up of insecticide-treated bed net coverage in Africa and its relationship with development assistance for health: a systematic synthesis of supply, distribution, and household survey data. PLoS Med 7 (8) e1000328 doi:10.1371/journal.pmed.1000328.