1. Kobzová J, Vignerová J, Bláha P, Krejčovský L, Riedlová J. The 6th nationwide anthropological survey of children and adolescents in the Czech Republic in 2001. Cent. Eur. J. Publ. Health 2004 Sep;12(3): 126–130.
2. Vignerová J, Humeníková L, Brabec M, Riedlová J, Bláha P. Long-term changes in body weight, BMI, and adiposity rebound among children and adolescents in the Czech Republic. Econ. Hum. Biol. 2007 Dec;5(3): 409–425. Epub 2007 Aug 1.
3. Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults. Executive Summary of The Third Report of The National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, And Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol In Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). JAMA 2001 May 16;285(19):2486–2497.
4. Rodriguez MA, Winkleby MA, Ahn D, Sundquist J, Kraemer HC. Identification of population subgroups of children and adolescents with high asthma prevalence: findings from the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Arch. Pediatr. Adolesc. Med. 2002 Mar;156(3): 269–275.
5. Mallory GB Jr, Fiser DH, Jackson R. Sleep-associated breathing disorders in morbidly obese children and adolescents. J. Pediatr. 1989 Dec;115(6):892–897.
6. Figueroa-Colon R, Franklin FA, Lee JY, Aldridge R, Alexander L. Prevalence of obesity with increased blood pressure in elementary school-aged children. South Med. J. 1997 Aug;90(8): 806–813.
7. Pařízková J, Lisá L, et al. Obezita v dětství a dospívání. 1. vyd. Praha: Galén, 2007.
8. Dhuper S, Cohen HW, Daniel J, et al. Utility of the modified ATP III defined metabolic syndrome and severe obesity as predictors of inzulin resistance in overweight children and adolescents: a cross-sectional study. Cardiovasc. Diabetol. 2007 Feb. 14; 6:4.
9. Weghuber D, Zaknun D, Nasel C, et al. Early cerebrovascular disease in a 2-year-old with extreme obesity and complete metabolic syndrome due to feeding of excessively high amounts of energy. Eur. J. Pediatr. 2007 Jan;166(1): 37–41.
10. Reaven GM. The metabolic syndrome: is this diagnosis necessary? Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2006;83: 1237–1247.
11. Guerrero-Romero F, Rodriguez-Moran M. Concordance between the 2005 International Diabetes Federation definition for diagnosing metabolic syndrome with the National Cholesterol Education Program Adult Treatment Panel III and the World Health Organization definitions. Diabetes Care 2005 Oct;28(10): 2588–2589.
12. Zimmet P, Alberti KG, Kaufman F, et al. The metabolic syndrome in children and adolescents – an IDF consensus report. Pediatr. Diabetes 2007 Oct;8(5): 299–306.
13. Pietrobelli A, Malavolti M, Battistini NC, Fuiano N. Metabolic syndrome: a child is not a small adult. Int. J. Pediatr. Obes. 2008;3(Suppl 1): 67–71.
14. Lauer RM, Clarke WR. Childhood risk factors for high adult blood pressure: the Muscatine Study. Pediatrics 1989 Oct;84(4): 633–641.
15. Wan NJ, Mi J, Wang TY, Duan JL, et al. Metabolic syndrome in overweight and obese schoolchildren in Beijing. Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi. 2007 Jun;45(6): 417–421.
16. Chan DF, Li AM, Chu WC, et al. Hepatic steatosis in obese Chinese children. Int. J. Obes. Relat. Metab. Disord. 2004 Oct;28(10): 1257–1263.
17. Sun SS, Liang R, Huang TT-K, et al. Childhood obesity predicts adult metabolic syndrome: The Fels longitudinal study. J. Pediatr. 2008 Febr;152(2): 191–200.
18. Morrison JA, Friedman LA, Wang P, Glueck CJ. Metabolic syndrome in childhood predicts adult metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes mellitus 25 to 30 years later. J. Pediatr. 2008 Febr;152(2): 201–206.
19. Stephen C, Michael W, Peggy A, Michael N, William HD. Prevalence of a metabolic syndrome phenotype in adolescents: Findings from the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 1988–1994. Arch. Pediatr. Adolesc. Med. Aug 2003;157: 821–827.
20. Schwimmer JB, Burwinkle TM, Varni JW. Health-related quality of life of severely obese children and adolescents. JAMA 2003 Apr 9;289(14): 1813–1819.
21. Stephen R, Daniels DK, Arnett RH, et al. Overweight in children and adolescents: pathophysiology, consequences, prevention, and treatment. Circulation Apr 2005; 111: 1999–2012.
22. Guo SS, Roche AF, Chumlea WC, et al. The predictive value of childhood body mass index values for overweight at age 35 y. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 1994 Apr;59(4): 810–819.
23. Lobstein T, Jackson-Leach R. Estimated burden of paediatric obesity and co-morbidities in Europe. Part 2. Numbers of children with indicators of obesity-related disease. Int. J. Pediatr. Obes. 2006;1(1): 33–41.
24. Finkelstein EA, Fiebelkorn IC, Wang G. National medical spending attributable to overweight and obesity: how much, and who’s paying. Health Aff (Millwood). 2003 Jan–Jun;Suppl Web Exclusives:W3-219-26.
25. Sturm R. The effects of obesity, smoking, and drinking on medical problems and costs. Health Aff (Millwood). 2002 Mar–Apr;21(2): 245–253.
26. Hainer V, Zamrazilová H, Spálová J, Hainerová I, Kunesová M, Aldhoon B, Bendlová B. Role of hereditary factors in weight loss and its maintenance. Physiol. Res. 2008;57(Suppl 1): S1–15. Epub 2008 Feb 13.
27. Lisá L, Kytnarová J, Stožický F, Procházka B, Vigne