1. Wibmer C, Leithner A, Zielonke N, Sperl M, Winghager R. Increasing incidence rates of soft tissue sarcomas? A population-based epidemiologic study and literature review. Ann Oncol 2010; 21: 106–1111.
2. Gholami S, Jacobs CD, Kapp DS, Parast LM, Norton JA. The value of surgery for retroperitoneal sarcoma. Sarcoma 2009; doi:10.1155/2009/605840.
3. Qiao MZ, Li CL. Analysis of prognostic factors associated with primary retroperitoneal sarcoma Bull Cancer. 2007; 94: 5–7.
4. Toro JR, Travis LB, Wu HJ, Zhu K, Fletcher CD, et al. Incidence patterns of soft tissue sarcomas, regardless of primary site, in the surveillance, epidemiology and end results program, 1978–2001: Annalysis of 26,758 cases. Int J Cancer 2006; 119: 2922–2930.
5. Pirayesh A, Chee Y, Helliwell TR, Hershman MJ, Leinster SJ, et al. The management of retroperitoneal soft tissue sarcoma: a single institution experience with a review of the literature. Eur J Surg Oncol 2001; 27: 491–497.
6. Zahm SH, Fraumeni JF. The epidemiology of soft tissue sarcoma. Semin Oncol 1997; 24: 504–514.
8. Lahat G, Dhuka AR, Lahat S, Lazar AJ, Lewis VO, et al. Complete soft tissue sarcoma resection is a viable treatment option for select elderly patients. Ann Surg Oncol 2009; 16: 2579–2586.
9. Lahat G, Tuvin D, Wei C, Anaya DA, Bekele BN, et al. New perspectives for staging and prognosis in soft tissue sarcoma. Ann Surg Oncol 2008; 15: 2739–2748.
10. Chiappa A, Zbar AP, Biffi R, Bertani E, Biella F, et al. Effect of resection and outcome in patients with retroperitoneal sarcoma. ANZ J Surg 2006; 76: 462–466
11. Hajdu SI, Shiu MH, Brennan MF. The role of the pathologist in the management of soft tissue sarcomas. World J Surg 1988; 12: 326–331.
12. Enzinger FM, Lattes R, Torloni H. Histological typing of soft tissue tumors. Geneva: World Health Organization 1969.
13. Leyvraz S, Costa J. Histological diagnosis and grading of soft–tissue sarcomas. Semin Surg Oncol 1988; 4: 3–6.
14. Hajdu SI. Soft tissue sarcomas. Cancer 2007; 109: 1697–1704.
15. Mendenhall WM, Zlotecki RA, Hochwald SN, Hemming AW, Grobmyer SR, et al. Retroperitoneal soft tissue sarcoma. Cancer 2005; 104: 669–675.
16. Catton CN, O‘Sullivan B, Kotwall C, Cummings B, Hao Y, et al. Outcome and prognosis in retroperitoneal soft tissue sarcoma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1994; 29: 1005–1010.
17. Ballo MT, Zagars GK, Pollock RE, Benjamin RS, Feig BW, et al. Retroperitoneal soft tissue sarcoma: an analysis of radiation and surgical treatment. Int J Radiat Oncol Phys 2007; 67: 158–163.
18. Youssef E, Fontanesi J, Mott M, Kraut M, Lucas D, et al. Long-term outcome of combined modality therapy in retroperitoneal and deep-trunk soft-tissue sarcoma: analysis of prognostic factors. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2002; 54: 514–519.
19. Gadgeel SM, Harlan LC, Zeruto CA, Osswald M, Schwartz AG. Patterns of care in a population- based sample of soft tissue sarcoma patients in the United States. Cancer 2009; 115: 2744–2754.
20. Anaya DA, Lev DC, Pollock RE. The role of surgical margin status in retroperitoneal sarcoma. J Surg Oncol 2008; 98: 607–610.
21. Gutierrez JC, Perez EA, Moffat FL, Livingstone AS, Franceschi D, et al. Outcomes for soft– tissue sarcoma in 8249 cases from a large state cancer registry. Ann Surg 2007; 245: 952–958.
22. Canter RJ, Qin LX, Ferrone CR, MakiRG, Singer S, et al. Why do patients with low-grade soft tissue sarcoma die? Ann Surg Oncol 2008; 15: 3550–3560.
23. Sartori A, Vigna S, Dal Pozzo A, Balduino M, Sartori CA. Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: a case report and review of the literature. Chir Ital 2009; 61: 503–505.
24. Alexander A, Rehders A, Raffel A, Poremba C, Knoefel WT, et al. Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: radical surgery and vascular reconstruction. World J Surg Oncol 2009; 7: 56.
25. Tameo MN, Calligaro KD, Antin L, Dougherty MJ. Primary leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: Reports of infrarenal and suprahepatic caval involvement. J Vasc Surg 2010; 51: 221–224.
26. García Franco CE, Algarra SM, Ezcurra AT, Guillén-Grima F, San-Julián M, et al. Longterm results after resection for soft tissue sarcoma pulmonary metastases. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 2009; 9: 223–226.
27. Lewis JJ, Leung D, Woodruff JM, Brennan MF. Retroperitoneal soft-tissue sarcoma: analysis of 500 patients treated and followed at a single institution. Ann Surg 1998; 228: 355–365.
28. Stoeckle E, Coindre JM, Bonvalot S, Kantor G, Terrier P, et al. French Federation of Cancer Centers Sarcoma Group. Prognostic factors in retroperitoneal sarcoma: a multivariate analysis of a series of 165 patients of the French Cancer Center Federation Sarcoma Group. Cancer 2001; 92: 359–368.
29. Mendenhall WM, Indelicato DJ, Scarborough MT, Zlotecki RA, Gibbs CP, et al. The management of adult soft tissue sarcomas. Am J Clin Oncol 2009; 32: 436–442.
30. Judson I, Radford JA, Harris M, Blay JY, Van Hoesel Q, et al. Randomised phase II trial of pegylated liposomal doxorubicin (DOXIL/CAELYX) versus doxorubicin in the treatment of advanced or metastatic soft tissue sarcoma: a study by the EORTC Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma Group. Eur J Cancer 2001; 37: 870–877.
31. Poveda A, López-Pousa A, Martín J, Del Muro JG, Bernabé R, et al. Phase II Clinical Trial With Pegylated Liposomal Doxorubicin (CAELYX(R)/Doxil(R)) and Quality of Life Evaluation (EORTC QLQ–C30) in Adult Patients With Advanced Soft Tissue Sarcomas: A study of the Spanish Group for Research in Sarcomas (GEIS). Sarcoma 2005; 9: 127–132.
32. Demetri GD, Chawla SP, von Mehren M, Ritch P, Baker LH, et al. Efficacy and safety of trabectedin in patients with advanced or metastatic liposarcoma or leiomyosarcoma after failure of prior anthracyclines and ifosfamide: results of a randomized phase II study of two different schedules. J Clin Oncol 2009; 27: 4188–4196.
33. Le Cesne A, Domont J, Cloffi A. Role of trabectedin as a new chemotherapy option in advanced pretreated soft tissue sarcoma. Drug Today 2008; 45: 403–421.