1. Rop O, Mlcek J, Jurikova T. Beta-glucans in higher fungi and their health effects. Nutr Rev 2009; 67(11): 624–631.
2. Akramiene D, Kondrotas A, Didziapetriene J, et al. Effects of beta-glucans on the immune system. Medicina (Kaunas) 2007; 43(8): 597–606.
3. Wasser SP. Medicinal mushrooms as a source of antitumor and immunomodulating polysaccharides. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 2002; 60(3): 258–274.
4. Vannucci L, Krizan J, Sima P, et al. Immunostimulatory properties and antitumor activities of glucans (Review). Int J Oncol 2013; 43(2): 357–364.
5. Lee DH, Kim HW. Innate immunity induced by fungal β-glucans via dectin-1 signaling pathway. Int J Med Mushrooms 2014; 16(1): 1–16.
6. Ko JL, Hsu CI, Lin RH, et al. A new fungal immunomodulatory protein, FIP-fve isolated from the edible mushroom, Flammulina velutipes and its complete amino acid sequence. Eur J Biochem 1995; 228(2): 244–249.
7. Ko JL, Hsu CI, Kao CL, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of a fungal immunomodulatory protein, FIP-fve, from Flammulina velutipes. J Formos Med Assoc 1997; 96: 517–524.
8. Hsu HC, Hsu CI, Lin RH, et al. Fip-vvo, a new fungal immunomodulatory protein isolated from Volvariella volvacea. J Biol Chem 1997; 323: 557–565.
9. Kino K, Yamashita A, Yamaoka K, et al. Isolated and characterization of a new immunomodulatory protein Ling Zhi-8 (LZ-8), from Ganoderma lucidium. J Biol Chem 1989; 264: 472–478.
10. Zhou XW, Li QZ, Yin YZ, et al. Identification of medicinal Ganoderma species based on PCR with specific primers and PCR-RFLP. Planta Med 2008; 74: 197–200.
11. Lin JP, Bai JY, Li YF. Structure and function study of fungal immunomodulatory protein (FIP). Journal of Liaoning Normal University (Natural Science Edition) 2006; 29: 84–87.
12. An M, Gao FG, Qi JX, et al. Expression and crystallographic studies of a fungal immunomodulatory protein LZ-8 from a medicinal fungus Ganoderma lucidum. Chin J Biotechnol 2010; 26: 1563–1568.
13. Paaventhan P, Joseph JS, Seow SV, et al. A 1.7Å structure of Fve, a member of the new fungal immunomodulatory protein family. J Mol Biol 2003; 332: 461–470.
14. Pushparajah V, Fatima A, Chong CH, et al. Characterisation of a new fungal immunomodulatory protein from Tiger Milk mushroom, Lignosus rhinocerotis. Sci Rep 2016; 6: 30010.
15. Li S, Nie Y, Ding Y, et al. Recombinant expression of a novel fungal immunomodulatory protein with human tumor cell antiproliferative activity from Nectria haematococca. Int J Mol Sci 2014; 15(10): 17751–17764.
16. Xu H, Kong YY, Chen X, et al. Recombinant FIP-gat, a fungal immunomodulatory protein from Ganoderma atrum, induces growth inhibition and cell death in breast cancer cells. J Agric Food Chem 2016; 64(13): 2690–2698.
17. Chang YC, Hsiao YM, Wu MF, et al. Interruption of lung cancer cell migration and proliferation by fungal immunomodulatory protein FIP-fve from Flammulina velutipes. J Agric Food Chem 2013; 61(49): 12044–12052.
18. Li JR, Cheng CL, Yang WJ, et al. FIP-gts potentiate autophagic cell death against cisplatin-resistant urothelial cancer cells. Anticancer Res 2014; 34(6): 2973–2983.
19. Lin CC, Yu YL, Shih CC, et al. A novel adjuvant Ling Zhi-8 enhances the efficacy of DNA cancer vaccine by activating dendritic cells. Cancer Immunol Immunother 2011; 60(7): 1019–1027.
20. Ding Y, Seow SV, Huang CH, et al. Coadministration of the fungal immunomodulatory protein FIP-Fve and a tumour-associated antigen enhanced antitumour immunity. Immunology 2009; 128(1 Suppl): e881–894.
21. Hsu HY, Kuan YC, Lin TY, et al. Reishi protein LZ-8 induces FOXP3+ Treg expansion via a CD45-dependent signaling pathway and alleviates acute intestinal inflammation in mice. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2013; 2013: 513542.
22. Lee YT, Lee SS, Sun HL, et al. Effect of the fungal immunomodulatory protein FIP-fve on airway inflammation and cyto kine production in mouse asthma model. Cytokine 2013; 61(1): 237–244.
23. Hsieh CW, Lan JL, Meng Q, et al. Eosinophil apoptosis induced by fungal immunomodulatory peptide-fve via reducing IL-5α receptor. J Formos Med Assoc 2007; 106(1): 36–43.
24. Hsieh KY, Hsu CI, Lin JY, et al. Oral administration of an edible-mushroom-derived protein inhibits the development of food-allergic reactions in mice. Clin Exp Allergy 2003; 33(11): 1595–1602.
25. Wang PH, Hsu CI, Tang SC, et al. Fungal immunomodulatory protein from Flammulina velutipes induces interferon-γ production through p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathway. J Agr Food Chem 2004; 52: 2721–2725.
26. Lin ZP, Bai YJ, Li YF. Structure and function study of fungal immunomodulatory protein (FIP). J Liaoning Norm U (Nat Sci Ed) 2006; 29: 84–87.
27. Hu ZJ, Li Y. Progress in research on relationship between Th1/Th2 imbalance and diseases. West China Med J 2009; 24: 236–237.
28. Hsu HY, Hua KF, Wu WC, et al. Reishi immuno-modulation protein induces interleukin-2 expression via protein kinase-dependent signaling pathways within human T cells. J Cell Physiol. 2008; 215(1): 15–26.
29. Li Q, Wang X, Chen Y, et al. Cytokines expression induced by Ganoderma sinensis fungal immunomodulatory proteins (FIP-gsi) in mouse spleen cells. Appl Biochem Biotechnol 2010; 162(5): 1403–1413.
30. Li F, Wen H, Liu X, et al. Gene cloning and recombinant expression of a novel fungal immunomodulatory protein from Trametes versicolor. Protein Expr Purif 2012; 82(2): 339–344.
31. Ou CC, Hsiao YM, Wu WJ, et al. FIP-fve stimulates interferon-gamma production via modulation of calcium release and PKC-alpha activation. J Agric Food Chem 2009; 57(22): 11008–11013.
32. Lin YL, Liang YC, Tseng YS, et al. An immunomodulatory protein, Ling Zhi-8, induced activation and maturation of human monocyte-derived dendritic cells by the NF-kappaB and MAPK pathways. J Leukoc Biol 2009; 86(4): 877–889.
33. Miyasaka N, Inoue H, Totsuka T, et al. An immunomodulatory protein, Ling Zhi-8, facilitates cellular interaction through modulation of adhesion molecules. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 1992; 186(1): 385–390.
34. Haak-Frendscho M, Kino K, Sone T, et al. Ling Zhi-8: A novel T cell mitogen induces cytokine production and upregulation of ICAM-1 expression. Cell Immunol 1993; 105: 101–113.
35. Lin HJ, Chang YS, Lin LH, et al. An Immunomodulatory Protein (Ling Zhi-8) from a Ganoderma lucidum induced acceleration of wound healing in rat liver tissues after monopolar electrosurgery. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2014; 2014: 916531.
36. Zhou XW, Lin J, Yin YZ, et al. Ganodermataceae: Natural Products and Their Related Pharmacological Functions. Am J Chin Med 2007; 35: 559–574.
37. Bergendiova K, Tibenska E, Majtan J. Pleuran (β-glucan from Pleurotus ostreatus) supplementation, cellular immune response and respiratory tract infections in athletes. Eur J Appl Physiol 2011; 111(9): 2033–2040.
38. Jesenak M, Majtan J, Rennerova Z, et al. Immunomodulatory effect of pleuran (β-glucan from Pleurotus ostreatus) in children with recurrent respiratory tract infections. Int Immunopharmacol 2013; 15(2): 395–399.
39. Bao YX, Wong CK, Leung SF, et al. Clinical studies of immunomodulatory activities of Yunzhi-Danshen in patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma. J Altern Complement Med 2006; 12(8): 771–776.
40. Jesenak M, Urbancek S, Majtan J, et al. β-Glucan-based cream (containing pleuran isolated from pleurotus ostreatus) in supportive treatment of mild-to-moderate atopic dermatitis. J Dermatolog Treat 2016; 27(4): 351–354.
41. Okuno K, Uno K. Efficacy of orally administered Lentinula edodes mycelia extract for advanced gastrointestinal cancer patients undergoing cancer chemotherapy: a pilot study. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2011; 12(7): 1671–1674.
42. Ohno S, Sumiyoshi Y, Hashine K, et al. Quality of life improvements among cancer patients in remission following the consumption of Agaricus blazei Murill mushroom extract. Complement Ther Med 2013; 21(5): 460–467.
43. Therkelsen SP, Hetland G, Lyberg T, et al. Effect of a medicinal Agaricus blazei Murill-based mushroom extract, AndoSan™, on symptoms, fatigue and quality of life in patients with ulcerative colitis in a randomized single-blinded placebo controlled study. PLoS One 2016; 11(3): e0150191.
44. Li EK, Tam LS, Wong CK, et al. Safety and efficacy of Ganoderma lucidum (lingzhi) and San Miao San supplementation in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled pilot trial. Arthritis Rheum 2007; 57(7): 1143–1150.
45. Hetland G1, Johnson E, Lyberg T, Kvalheim G. The mushroom Agaricus blazei Murill elicits medicinal effects on tumor, infection, allergy, and inflammation through its modulation of innate immunity and amelioration of Th1/Th2 imbalance and inflammation. Adv Pharmacol Sci 2011; 2011: 157015.
46. Dai X, Stanilka JM, Rowe CA, et al. Consuming Lentinula edodes (Shiitake) Mushrooms daily improves human immunity: a randomized dietary intervention in healthy young adults. J Am Coll Nutr 2015; 11: 1–10.
47. Rossi P, Buonocore D, Altobelli E, et al. Improving Training Condition Assessment in Endurance Cyclists: Effects of Ganoderma lucidum and Ophiocordyceps sinensis Dietary Supplementation. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2014; 2014: 979613.