1. United Nations Climate Change Secretariat 2011 Durban conference delivers breakthrough in international community's response to climate change. Available: http://unfccc.int/files/press/press_releases_advisories/application/pdf/pr20111112cop17final.pdf. Accessed 19 January 2012.
2. Editorial 2011 The masks slips. Nature 480 292 doi:10.1038/480292a. Available: http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v480/n7377/pdf/480292a.pdf. Accessed 12 March 2012.
3. PetermannALangelleO 2012 UN Climate Conference: The Durban Disaster. Available: http://www.climate-justice-now.org/un-climate-conferencethe-durban-disaster/. Accessed 10 March 2012.
4. SolomonSPlattnerbGSKnutticRFriedlingsteinP 2009 Irreversible climate change due to carbon dioxide emissions. Proc Natl Acad Sci 106 6 1704 1709 Available: www.pnas.org/cgi/doi/10.1073/pnas.0812721106. Accessed 19 January 2012.
5. MeinshausenMMeinshausenNHareWRaperSCBKatja FrielerK 2009 Greenhouse-gas emission targets for limiting global warming to 2 degrees C. Nature 458 1158 1162
6. RogeliJHareWLoweJvan VuurenDPRiahiK 2011 Emission pathways consistent with a 2°C global temperature limit. Nature Climate Change 1 413 418 doi:10.1038/nclimate1258
7. World Meteorological Organization 2011 2011: world's 10th warmest year, warmest year with La Niña event, lowest Arctic sea ice volume. Available: http://www.wmo.int/pages/mediacentre/press_releases/pr_935_en.html. Accessed 19 January 2012.
8. McMichaelAJHainesASlooffRKovatsS 1996 Climate change and human health: an assessment by a task force on behalf of the World Health Organzation, the World Meteorological Association, and the United Nations Environmental Programme. WHO/EHG/96.7 Geneva World Health Organisation
9. McMichaelAJCampbell-LendrumDHCorvalánCFEbiKLGithekoAK 2003 Climate change and human health - risks and responses Geneva World Health Organization Available: http://www.who.int/globalchange/publications/climchange.pdf. Accessed 19 January 2012.
10. WHO 2011 Improving coherence of climate change, health and development policy. Update and policy proposals for UNFCCC CoP17 in Durban. Available: http://www.who.int/globalchange/mediacentre/events/2011/WHO_Health_in_UNFCCC_COP17_.pdf. Accessed 10 March 2012
11. WHO 2011 Health issues gain traction at UN climate conference. available: http://www.who.int/globalchange/mediacentre/events/2011/durban_conference_update/en/index.html. Accessed 10 March 2012.
12. Durban Declaration on Climate and Health and Health Sector Call to Action 2011 Durban Declaration on Climate and Health. Available: http://www.climateandhealthcare.org/action/summit/durban-declaration/. Accessed 10 March 2012.
13. NeiraM 2011 Interview: Dr Maria Neira, World Health Organization, speaking at COP17 in Durban, South Africa [video]. Available: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCyDfC7fEJQ. Accessed 10 March 2012.
14. Business Report 2012 Eskom raises red flags on power use. Available: http://www.iol.co.za/business/companies/eskom-raises-red-flags-on-power-use-1.1212127. Accessed 13 January 2012.
15. PetersD 2010 Comments by the Minister of Energy regarding the World Bank loan. Available: http://www.info.gov.za/speech/DynamicAction?pageid=461&sid=9280&tid=9297. Accessed 13 January 2012.
16. The World Bank 2010 World Bank supports South Africa's energy security plans [press release]. No. 2010/340/AFR. Available: http://web.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXTERNAL/COUNTRIES/AFRICAEXT/SOUTHAFRICAEXTN/0,,contentMDK:22534959~menuPK:368082~pagePK:2865066~piPK:2865079~theSitePK:368057,00.html. Accessed 19 January 2012.
17. Eskom 2011 Eskom pleased with the approval of US Export Import Bank loan for Kusile. Available: http://www.eskom.co.za/c/article/630/media-statement-30-may-2011/. Accessed 19 January 2012.
18. Environmental Protection Agency 2011 2010 greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from large facilities. Available: http://epa.gov/climatechange/emissions/ghgdata/2010data.html. Accessed 19 January 2012.
19. FriedmanL 2011 World Bank prepares to support a coal plant in India through intermediary. Bank Information Center. Available: http://www.bicusa.org/en/Article.12441.aspx. Accessed 13 January 2012.
20. PenneySBellJBalbusJ 2009 Estimating the health impacts of coal-fired power plants receiving international financing Washington (D.C.) Environmental Defense Fund Available: http://www.edf.org/sites/default/files/9553_coal-plants-health-impacts.pdf. Accessed 19 January 2012.
21. RichB 2009 Foreclosing the future. Coal, climate, and international finance. Environmental Defense Fund. Available: http://www.edf.org/sites/default/files/9593_coal-plants-report.pdf. Accessed 19 January 2012.
22. The World Bank 1992 World development report. Development and the environment Oxford Oxford University Press
23. The World Bank 2009 Development and climate change Washington (DC) The World Bank Group Available: http://siteresources.worldbank.org/EXTCC/Resources/WBGatWork.pdf. Accessed 19 January 2012.
24. The World Bank 2010 Development and climate change. Stepping up support to developing countries. Report on progress by the World Bank Group. Available: http://www-wds.worldbank.org/external/default/WDSContentServer/WDSP/IB/2010/07/16/000334955_20100716050525/Rendered/PDF/556890W10SFDCC1box0349464B01PUBLIC1.pdf. Accessed 19 January 2012.
25. De LuciaV 2008 What climate justice? A critical analysis. Sixth International Conference on Ethics and Environmental Policies. Ethics and Climate Change. Scenarios for Justice and Sustainability. Pavova, 23–25 October 2008. Available: http://www.ecopaxmundi.org/docs/what-climate-justice-proceedings-version.pdf. Accessed 19 January 2012.
26. Buenos Aires Draft Declaration 2004 On the ethical dimensions of climate change. Available: http://manitobawildlands.org/pdfs/BA_draftDECLonCC_dec04.pdf. Accessed 19 January 2012.
27. MurthiSKAMuruganM 2011 Ethical dimensions in global climate change. Exploring a philosophical perspective: an analytical approach. Recent Research in Science and Technology 3 2 16 23 Available: http://recent-science.com/article/viewFile/5200/2662. Accessed 19 January 2012.
28. PortierCJThigpen TartKCarterSRDilworthCHGrambschAE 2010 A human health perspective on climate change: a report outlining the research needs on the human health effects of climate change. Research Triangle Park (NC): Environmental Health Perspectives/National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. Available: http://www.niehs.nih.gov/health/assets/docs_a_e/climatereport2010.pdf. Accessed 23 April 2012.
29. de GruijlFRLongstrethJNorvalMCullenAPSlaperH 2003 Health effects from stratospheric ozone depletions and interactions with climate change. Photochem Photobiol Sci 2 16 28
30. World Health Assembly (WHA) 1998 The protection of human health from threats related to climate change and stratospheric ozone depletion. WHA51.29. A51/VR/10. Available: https://apps.who.int/peh/climate/51%20WHAss.html. Accessed 19 January 2012.
31. World Health Assembly 2008 Climate change and health. WHA61.19. A61/VR/8. Available: http://www.who.int/globalchange/A61_R19_en.pdf. Accessed 19 January 2012.
32. World Health Organization 2008 Climate change and health Geneva World Health Organization Available: http://unfccc.int/files/adaptation/sbi_agenda_item_adaptation/application/pdf/who.pdf. Accessed 11 March 2011.
33. World Health Organization 2009 Protecting health from climate change: connecting science, policy and people Geneva World Health Organization Available: http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/2009/9789241598880_eng.pdf. Accessed 22 April 2012.
34. World Health Organization 2011 Health in the green economy: health co-benefits of climate change mitigation -transport sector Geneva World Health Organization Available: http://www.who.int/hia/examples/trspt_comms/hge_transport_lowresdurban_30_11_2011.pdf. Accessed 10 March 2012.
35. World Health Organization 2011 Health in the green economy: health co-benefits of climate change mitigation - housing sector Geneva World Health Organization Available: www.who.int/hia/hgebrief_housing.pdf. Accessed 10 March 2012.
36. PinkertonKERomWNAkpinar-ElciMBalmesJRBayramH 2012 An official American Thoracic Society workshop report: climate change and human health. Proc Am Thorac Soc 9 3 8
37. StevensLDornPLHobsonJde la RuaNMLuceroDE 2012 Vector blood meals and Chagas disease transmission potential, United States. Emerg Infect Dis 18 4 646 649 Available: http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/18/4/11-1396_article.htm. Accessed 22 April 2012.
38. The Wildlife Conservation Society 2008 The deadly dozen. The Wildlife Conservation Society sounds the alarm on wildlife–human disease threats in the age of climate change. http://ccsl.iccip.net/deadlydozen_sm.pdf. Accessed 22 April 2012.
39. BeauchampTChildressJ 2001 Principles of biomedical ethics Oxford Oxford University Press
40. TindanaPOSinghJATracyCSUpshurREGDaarAS 2007 Grand challenges in global health: community engagement in research in developing countries. PLoS Med 4 9 e273 doi:10.1371/journal.pmed.0040273
41. CohenERMasumHBerndtsonKSaundersVHadfieldT 2008 Public engagement on global health challenges. BMC Public Health 8 168 Available: http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2458/8/168. Accessed 18 January 2012.
42. DanielsN 2000 Accountability for reasonableness BMJ 321 1300 1301
43. KassNE 2001 An ethics framework for public health. Am J Public Health 91 11 1776 1782 doi:10.2105/AJPH.91.11.1776. Available: http://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/abs/10.2105/AJPH.91.11.1776. Accessed 18 January 2012.
44. ChildressJFFadenRRGaareRDGostinLOKahnJBonnieRJ 2002 Public health ethics: mapping the terrain. J Law Med Ethics 30 170 178 Available: http://www2.cdc.gov/phlp/docs/CDC.Childress.web.pdf. Accessed 18 January 2012.
45. UphsurR 2002 Principles for the justification of public health intervention. Can J Public Health 93 101 103
46. BenatarSRDaarASSingerPA 2003 Global health ethics: the rationale for mutual caring. Int Aff 79 101 138 doi:10.1111/1468-2346.00298. Available: http://blogs.ubc.ca/ecohealth449/files/2011/01/global-ethics.pdf. Accessed 18 January 2012.
47. HarmonSHE 2006 Solidarity: a (new) ethic for global health policy. Health Care Anal 14 215 236 doi:10.1007/s10728-006-0030-8
48. Public Health Leadership Society 2002 Principles of the ethical practice of public health. Available: http://www.apha.org/NR/rdonlyres/1CED3CEA-287E-4185-9CBD-BD405FC60856/0/ethicsbrochure.pdf. Accessed 18 April 2012.