1. Bosch M, Khan FM, Storek J. Immune reconstitution after hematopoietic cell transplantation. Curr Opin Hematol, 2012;19:324–335.
2. Styczynski J. Who Is the Patient at Risk of CMV Recurrence: A Review of the Current Scientific Evidence with a Focus on Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation. Infect Dis Ther, 2018;7:1–16.
3. Styczynski J, van d, V, Fox CP, et al. Management of Epstein-Barr Virus infections and post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorders in patients after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: Sixth European Conference on Infections in Leukemia (ECIL-6) guidelines. Haematologica, 2016;101:803–811.
4. Lunde LE, Dasaraju S, Cao Q, et al. Hemorrhagic cystitis after allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation: risk factors, graft source and survival. Bone Marrow Transplant, 2015;50:1432–1437.
5. Riddell SR, Greenberg PD, Overell RW, et al. Phase I study of cellular adoptive immunotherapy using genetically modified CD8+ HIV-specific T cells for HIV seropositive patients undergoing allogeneic bone marrow transplant. The Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and the University of Washington School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Division of Oncology. Hum Gene Ther, 1992;3:319–338.
6. Kaeuferle T, Krauss R, Blaeschke F, et al. Strategies of adoptive T-cell transfer to treat refractory viral infections post allogeneic stem cell transplantation. J Hematol Oncol, 2019;12:13.
7. Gerdemann U, Keirnan JM, Katari UL, et al. Rapidly generated multivirus-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes for the prophylaxis and treatment of viral infections. Mol Ther, 2012;20:1622–1632.
8. Haque T, Wilkie GM, Jones MM, et al. Allogeneic cytotoxic T-cell therapy for EBV-positive posttransplantation lymphoproliferative disease: results of a phase 2 multicenter clinical trial. Blood, 2007;110:1123–1131.
9. Peggs K, Verfuerth S, Pizzey A, et al. Characterization of human cytomegalovirus peptide-specific CD8(+) T-cell repertoire diversity following in vitro restimulation by antigen-pulsed dendritic cells. Blood, 2002;99:213–223.
10. Tzannou I, Papadopoulou A, Naik S, et al. Off-the-Shelf Virus-Specific T Cells to Treat BK Virus, Human Herpesvirus 6, Cytomegalovirus, Epstein-Barr Virus, and Adenovirus Infections After Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem-Cell Transplantation. J Clin Oncol, 2017;35:3547–3557.
11. Nishiyama-Fujita Y, Kawana-Tachikawa AI, Ono T, et al. Generation of multivirus-specific T cells by a single stimulation of peripheral blood mononuclear cells with a peptide mixture using serum-free medium. Cytotherapy, 2018;20:1182–1190.
12. Leen AM, Sili U, Savoldo B, et al. Fiber-modified adenoviruses generate subgroup cross-reactive, adenovirus-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes for therapeutic applications. Blood, 2004;103:1011–1019.
13. Osman Y, Narita M, Ayres F, et al. Generation of Ag-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes by DC transfected with in vitro transcribed influenza virus matrix protein (M1) mRNA. Cytotherapy, 2003;5:161–168.
14. Rochman Y, Spolski R, Leonard WJ. New insights into the regulation of T cells by gamma(c) family cytokines. Nat Rev Immunol, 2009;9:480–490.
15. Leen AM, Heslop HE. Cytotoxic T lymphocytes as immune-therapy in haematological practice. Br J Haematol, 2008;143:169–179.
16. Vella A, Teague TK, Ihle J, et al. Interleukin 4 (IL-4) or IL-7 prevents the death of resting T cells: stat6 is probably not required for the effect of IL-4. J Exp Med, 1997;186:325–330.
17. Papadopoulou A, Gerdemann U, Katari UL, et al. Activity of broad-spectrum T cells as treatment for AdV, EBV, CMV, BKV, and HHV6 infections after HSCT. Sci Transl Med, 2014;6:242ra83.
18. Keenan RD, Ainsworth J, Khan N, et al. Purification of cytomegalovirus-specific CD8 T cells from peripheral blood using HLA-peptide tetramers. Br J Haematol, 2001;115:428–434.
19. Knabel M, Franz TJ, Schiemann M, et al. Reversible MHC multimer staining for functional isolation of T-cell populations and effective adoptive transfer. Nat Med, 2002;8:631–637.
20. Cobbold M, Khan N, Pourgheysari B, et al. Adoptive transfer of cytomegalovirus-specific CTL to stem cell transplant patients after selection by HLA-peptide tetramers. J Exp Med, 2005;202:379–386.
21. Uhlin M, Gertow J, Uzunel M, et al. Rapid salvage treatment with virus-specific T cells for therapy-resistant disease. Clin Infect Dis, 2012;55:1064–1073.
22. Manz R, Assenmacher M, Pfluger E, et al. Analysis and sorting of live cells according to secreted molecules, relocated to a cell-surface affinity matrix. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 1995;92:1921–1925.
23. Oelke M, Kurokawa T, Hentrich I, et al. Functional characterization of CD8(+) antigen-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes after enrichment based on cytokine secretion: comparison with the MHC-tetramer technology. Scand J Immunol, 2000;52:544–549.
24. https://www.miltenyibiotec.com/UN-en/applications/t-cells/virus-specific-t-cells-for-immunotherapy.html). In.
25. van Aalderen MC, Remmerswaal EB, Heutinck KM, et al. Phenotypic and functional characterization of circulating polyomavirus BK VP1-specific CD8+ T cells in healthy adults. J Virol, 2013;87:10263–10272.
26. Nemeckova S, Sroller V, Stastna-Markova M. Evolution of human cytomegalovirus-seronegative donor/-seropositive recipient high-risk combination frequency in allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantations at Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion during 1995-2014. Transpl Infect Dis, 2016;18:297–301.
27. Haque T, Wilkie GM, Taylor C, et al. Treatment of Epstein-Barr-virus-positive post-transplantation lymphoproliferative disease with partly HLA-matched allogeneic cytotoxic T cells. Lancet, 2002;360:436–442.
28. O‘Reilly RJ, Prockop S, Hasan AN, et al. Virus-specific T-cell banks for ‚off the shelf‘ adoptive therapy of refractory infections. Bone Marrow Transplant, 2016;51:1163–1172.
29. Leen AM, Myers GD, Sili U, et al. Monoculture-derived T lymphocytes specific for multiple viruses expand and produce clinically relevant effects in immunocompromised individuals. Nat Med, 2006;12:1160–1166.
30. Leen AM, Christin A, Myers GD, et al. Cytotoxic T lymphocyte therapy with donor T cells prevents and treats adenovirus and Epstein-Barr virus infections after haploidentical and matched unrelated stem cell transplantation. Blood, 2009;114:4283–4292.
31. Leen AM, Bollard CM, Mendizabal AM, et al. Multicenter study of banked third-party virus-specific T cells to treat severe viral infections after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Blood, 2013;121:5113–5123.
32. Heslop HE, Slobod KS, Pule MA, et al. Long-term outcome of EBV-specific T-cell infusions to prevent or treat EBV-related lymphoproliferative disease in transplant recipients. Blood, 2010;115:925–935.
33. Hammoud B, Schmueck M, Fischer AM, et al. HCMV-specific T-cell therapy: do not forget supply of help. J Immunother, 2013;36:93–101.
34. Doubrovina E, Oflaz-Sozmen B, Prockop SE, et al. Adoptive immunotherapy with unselected or EBV-specific T cells for biopsy-proven EBV+ lymphomas after allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation. Blood, 2012;119:2644–2656.
35. Amir AL, D‘Orsogna LJ, Roelen DL, et al. Allo-HLA reactivity of virus-specific memory T cells is common. Blood, 2010;115:3146–3157.
36. Melenhorst JJ, Leen AM, Bollard CM, et al. Allogeneic virus-specific T cells with HLA alloreactivity do not produce GVHD in human subjects. Blood, 2010;116:4700–4702.
37. Papadopoulou A, Krance RA, Allen CE, et al. Systemic inflammatory response syndrome after administration of unmodified T lymphocytes. Mol Ther, 2014;22:1134–1138.
38. Tischer S, Priesner C, Heuft HG, et al. Rapid generation of clinical-grade antiviral T cells: selection of suitable T-cell donors and GMP-compliant manufacturing of antiviral T cells. J Transl Med, 2014;12:336.
39. Lacey SF, Villacres MC, La RC, et al. Relative dominance of HLA-B*07 restricted CD8+ T-lymphocyte immune responses to human cytomegalovirus pp65 in persons sharing HLA-A*02 and HLA-B*07 alleles. Hum Immunol, 2003;64:440–452.
40. Castillo P, Wright KE, Kontoyiannis DP, et al. A New Method for Reactivating and Expanding T Cells Specific for Rhizopus oryzae. Mol Ther Methods Clin Dev, 2018;9:305–312.
41. Chiou FK, Beath SV, Wilkie GM, et al. Cytotoxic T-lymphocyte therapy for post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorder after solid organ transplantation in children. Pediatr Transplant, 2018;22.
42. Holmes-Liew CL, Holmes M, Beagley L, et al. Adoptive T-cell immunotherapy for ganciclovir-resistant CMV disease after lung transplantation. Clin Transl Immunology, 2015;4:e35.
43. Rooney CM, Leen AM, Vera JF, et al. T lymphocytes targeting native receptors. Immunol Rev, 2014;257:39–55.